Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FOREST GREEN AWAY TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Looks like all coaches are sold out.

Anyone got any idea about parking restrictions around the area for this one? Struggling to find much online.
    As I understand it, there are no restrictions as there is no parking!

Best I've come up with so far is some parking in a nearby school (but possibly only for Saturday games?) and some parking in the nearby village of Nailsworth with a long flog up a hill to get to the ground.
    There is also a park & ride but again it only operates on Saturdays. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Sage said:

Anyone got any idea about parking restrictions around the area for this one? Struggling to find much online.

Best I've come up with so far is some parking in a nearby school (but possibly only for Saturday games?) and some parking in the nearby village of Nailsworth with a long flog up a hill to get to the ground.
    Thank you.

Looks very little options, especially for midweek fixtures!

Am likely going to have to find somewhere to park in the local area/residential areas and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    cafcfan said:
    Sage said:

Thank you.

Looks very little options, especially for midweek fixtures!

Am likely going to have to find somewhere to park in the local area/residential areas and hope for the best.
    We've been using Your Parking Space for away games that have little or no authorised parking close to the Grounds .

For Sheff Weds, we had a spot in the local B&Q carpark ( within walking distance of the Stadium) and for the P'Boro match ( spit!) we had one in the local Asda carpark. Prices circa £5 for several hours. 

If you do a search, it should produce options with price & distance to where you want to end up. 

We'll probably use them again for Bristol Rovers. 

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    there is street parking leading up to the ground in residential areas. On google there doesn't look like there is any restrictions. 
  • Options
    Thank you both, @Fanny Fanackapan and @Karim_myBagheri helpful advice and will look into both. 
  • Options

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 604

• Options
    Nuts that they stopped taking coach bookings two weeks before the game.
  • Options
    Nuts that they stopped taking coach bookings two weeks before the game.
    If there was any ground when travelling by coach looked appealing. This was it. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Some more have become available. Just purchased my 2.
  • Options
    Nowhere to pork at FGR is the main beef for travelling fans. That’s why so many chicken-out of going or feel sheepish about the drive. 

I’ll get my coat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nowhere to pork at FGR is the main beef for travelling fans. That’s why so many chicken-out of going or feel sheepish about the drive. 

I’ll get my coat. 
    It isnt the wurst yoke ive heard..
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    We need a big support to cheer us on, 3 important points at steak. 
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    Oh deer 
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    Goat rather than coat.
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    Fries or jacket potato with it?
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    Anybody who has a jacket potato with steak isn’t worth knowing. 
  • Options

I’ll get my coat. 
    Anybody who has a jacket potato with steak isn’t worth knowing. 
    Unless it’s a ribeye and they have baked beans and a beer to go with it if course…
  • Options
    Update on parking. Parking in the Primary School adjacent to the ground is sold out. 

There is a 63 bus that runs from the village up to the ground. But, sadly, I am told the last bus back leaves a few minutes before the game ends. (Handy that!).
  • Options
    https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West/2022/63_040922.pdf

According to the timetable, the last bus leaves 10 minutes AFTER the final whistle
  • Options
    https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West/2022/63_040922.pdf

According to the timetable, the last bus leaves 10 minutes AFTER the final whistle
    LOL. Clearly their ticket office are not up to speed then. (Must remember to bring my bus pass!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcfan said:

LOL. Clearly their ticket office are not up to speed then. (Must remember to bring my bus pass!)
    No time for a post match piss, and I won't be applauding the boys off after their sensational 7-0 win either.

Instead I'll be rushing out to be first in the queue for the bus  :D
  • Options

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 663

• Options
    edited February 2023
    for those going and fancy a drink the Village Inn on bath road is good for the real ale drinkers amongst you.

Egypt mill has a great garden which crosses the river though it might be a bit cold out there this time of year. More of an eatery. 

if driving and do fancy a bit of grub I highly recommend the Weighbridge Inn just outside of Nailsworth. Known for their 2 in 1 pies. 

Closest pub i can think of is the george. nice place. about a 20 minute walk to the ground though and not much street lighting. Might be better to have a drink at the ground if you can? and of course if it's vegan. Luvly. 
  • Options

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 699

• Options
    I phoned and got told last Primary School parking space had just been sold, but in Nailsworth Long Term Car Park opposite Tesco Express and can get a Bus up The Hill to the Ground ( approx £2.20) however NO Bus Back so it's a Walk Down the Hill. You'ds have thought with plenty of Farmers fields around someone would let their field be ploughed for them by renting out parking.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Hoping to ask a favour from someone who’s going to Forest Green. My Dad didn’t manage to book a car parking space and very unlikely  to manage the walk back down the hill after the game. 

Would anyone be willing to allow him a space in the car after the match please. Heading back to Nailsworth or Stroud (Will find out exact location).Will happily sort a couple beers at Derby/ any home match as a thank you for helping out.
  • Options

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 727

• Options
    Hoping to ask a favour from someone who’s going to Forest Green. My Dad didn’t manage to book a car parking space and very unlikely  to manage the walk back down the hill after the game. 

Would anyone be willing to allow him a space in the car after the match please. Heading back to Nailsworth or Stroud (Will find out exact location).Will happily sort a couple beers at Derby/ any home match as a thank you for helping out.
    The thing is, I don't think anyone managed to book a parking space. The indication I got was that all the school parking is on seasonal passes to home season ticket supporters only. So sadly I doubt anyone would be able to accommodate your Dad. The last bus would seem to be the only option.

I hope someone has alternative info.
  • Options
    Public Transport – You can catch a train to Stroud station, and get the number 63 bus from Stroud town centre. Please note that the last service on the 63 bus is around 8pm, Monday to Friday, so it will not get you back from mid-week games.