Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the Valley pitch worse than normal at this stage of the season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The pitch is as bad as it has been for years , in shocking condition (for modern times )
    Have Ipswich reserve team got a spare groundsman we can loan 
  • Options
    To be fair a lot of the pitches they're showing on Gillette Soccer Saturday aren't looking a whole lot better than ours 
  • Options
    Pitch looked bare in lots of areas and the surface cut up all over
    Looks like they keep the grass really really short all the time which won't help it hold together
    It will have been covered a bit up to about a week ago because of the frost but for a pitch with only 2 games in a month and no use for 2 weeks it looked poor.
    skintgaard penny pinching everywhere to the detriment of his product
  • Options
    Better than the surface whilst we were at Selhurst Park 
  • Options
    Yep, like a potato field. Was one point in first half by the half way line in front of the West the ball hit the floor and just died, no bounce at all. 

• Options
    Look this is an easy one...

Dear Mr Dutchelet,

When we paid a deposit on this gaff it was clearly stated that all fixtures and fittings were in full working order and tested to all current UK/EU standards. This included the large spacious lawned garden.  However, when we turned on the undersoil heating nothing happened and the once pristine showcase garden feature now resembles the Somme.  Further more, on inspection the cabling leads to an ASDA bag for life covered by a brick at the back of the West Stand.

We look forward to your prompt response on this matter.

• Options
    Worst it’s been for a good few years
  • Options
    Worst it’s been for a good few years
    Just like the team
  • Options
    Look this is an easy one...

Dear Mr Dutchelet,

When we paid a deposit on this gaff it was clearly stated that all fixtures and fittings were in full working order and tested to all current UK/EU standards. This included the large spacious lawned garden.  However, when we turned on the undersoil heating nothing happened and the once pristine showcase garden feature now resembles the Somme.  Further more, on inspection the cabling leads to an ASDA bag for life covered by a brick at the back of the West Stand.

We look forward to your prompt response on this matter.

I’ll paraphrase for him: “Read the lease. It’s your problem.”
  • Options
    We really would have been better off not playing that Cheltenham game. I think that is where the damage was done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame as despite how shite we have been over the years, I've always felt so proud of our pitch!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    As a qualified groundsman,  I too was recently thinking that interference of the work done by the grounds staff and of course no longer having Nathan, has had an adverse impact. 

Most other pitches we see these days are superb, pitch construction and maintenance really is a science, it pisses me off big time that know nothing arseholes think that you just cut the grass and mark the lines.

Go back to images of matches 40 or more years ago around this time of the year to see the difference. They don't get that good by being maintained by unqualified people and poor investment. 
    As a 14 year old following Mr Banham around the pitch as he cut the grass that was pretty much all there was to it. 
    Hoping we had the weather to let it grow and pretty much cutting and repairing the divots was all there was to it, but that was 1972/73 ish
    But since that meeting where I listened to Nathan and read over his shoulder some of his file, struth there’s a hell of a lot more to worry about now with feeding etc.
    Getting the high earners out of the club seems to be the object of the game and replacing them with lesser paid and normally younger staff and has the inappropriate behaviour towards them stopped? 
    Not what I’m being told it’s not.

This makes me sad and angry in equal measures. There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning and feeling that awful dread that you’ve got to face the bully at work again and that no one will do anything about it if you dare tell them. 
    I would want this to be up the top of the list of things any new owners stamped out. With it being public knowledge I’m amazed it’s been allowed to carry on.  Disgusting, and shame on those that could change it but choose not to.