Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Site lagging on WiFi but fine on phone data?

On my iPhone, The site seems to take a very long time to refresh/change page when logged onto my home WiFi (Virgin Broadband) but loads fine when I turn WiFi off. 

not happening on any other websites. 

Any ideas ? 

Comments

• Options
    Been like it for over a week now
  • Options
    Oh wow, thought it was just me! About a week for me as well, either very slow or fails to reload at all, like it’s frozen. 
  • Options
    Yeah around a week for me. 

Are you on iPhone/virgin ? 
  • Options
    iPhone / BT , I even rebooted the router as I thought it was playing up until I realised it’s only this site that seems to be affected.
  • Options
    I phone. Thought it might be safari but was able to get on the Bromley council website earlier when I checking the revised bin collection day. 
  • Options
    It may be worth clearing down your cache to see if that helps, but any information that narrows down the extent of the issue will be helpful.
  • Options
    Forum.charltonlife.com

safari browser 

Mobile site 

all threads 
  • Options
    Same here, assumed it was my wifi. I think I’ve been having some other issues that started the same time with safari so wonder whether it was some Sky Broadband thing 
  • Options
    I noticed if you just click on the X while it’s hanging, it completes the page change instantly. It’s like it gets stuck. 

@LoOkOuT any ideas?
  • Options
    Thought I had forgotten to renew my £10/m subscription 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m in the US, not having this problem but I’ve run into this a few times - maybe the ad server. 
  • Options
    I have the same problem in New Zealand - like others I thought it was unique to my home. Hitting the ‘x’ is a fix for me. Twitter embeds often don’t load as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Looks like it’s been fixed? I went to full site view on WiFi which worked fine, have gone back to mobile version and all now load without lagging.
  • Options
    Yep sorted. Well done whoever sorted that out.
  • Options
    Nope, still have to click on the x on top right to get it to load
  • Options
    I’m not sure it is sorted, I noticed before it works ok in evenings, it’s why I thought it might be influenced by some form of wifi family block or something that 
  • Options
    I’m not sure it is sorted, I noticed before it works ok in evenings, it’s why I thought it might be influenced by some form of wifi family block or something that 
    I'm with Sky and found it slower when I had the more restrictive family settings turned on. Adjusting that seemed to solve it, I wondered if it's caused by some of the adverts on here?
  • Options
    Yep I can confirm it’s gone slow again, it isn’t just evenings for me 
  • Options
    I noticed it was slow on safari, along with lots of other sites. I’ve started using chrome on iOS and it’s been fine ever since. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mine is working now thanks 
  • Options
    Mine was doing the same, was almost ready to call Sky and complain 🤣 still slow for me, will try a different site, good idea. 
  • Options
    The issue is back again grr. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The issue is back again grr. 
    Yip
  • Options
    And again….