Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+POST p.20]: Charlton Athletic vs Brighton | Weds 21 Dec 2022 (League Cup Rd of 16)

Comments

• Options
    There were some very good performances in that half. We held a good line, breached a couple of times but more disciplined than most of this season. 
  • Options
    Well all in all we have given ourselves s good account for the first half even though Brighton is not at full strength,maybe this is a turning point in our season.
    Not full strength, but theyve got a strong team out, surprised at how well we have held our own (cue 5-0 Brighton at FT)
  • Options
    Shape
    Organisation
    No Stockley lone man rubbish
    Quel surprise
    However Trossard et al are on the bench ready to come on......

• Options
    Gavin peacock next to curbs me thinks... 

• Options
    Do you know what, I’m not fussed if we lose this. I’ve seen enough in the first half to tell me that the season can still be redeemed. We’ve defended superbly and have looked good on the counter. Stats say we’ve had as many attempts at goal as BHA with more on target. My glass is now half full 
  • Options
    Sadly been at the funeral of a very good friend this afternoon - so unable to be at game this evening - got home a few minutes ago - celebrated his life with quite a few beers - is the attendance decent this evening ??
  • Options
    78% possession for Brighton in the first half but not doing a lot with it.

We're still struggling to clear our lines in defence.

Can't fault the effort.
  • Options
    Plymouth have come from 3 goals down to the it 3-3 with the dons.
  • Options
    Superb effort by us. Can’t complain about that first half. 
    Only thing I would say is Leaburn looks, and obviously is, unfit. And now on a yellow.
    Chuks time? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must be wearing a syrup then. He as bald as a coot!
  • Options
    Be great if Chucks comes in and does a smash and grab finish.
  • Options
    HT stats

Possession: 23-77
    Shots: 5-6
     - On Target: 2-1
     - Inside The Box: 2-3
    Corners: 2-5
  • Options
    Sadly been at the funeral of a very good friend this afternoon - so unable to be at game this evening - got home a few minutes ago - celebrated his life with quite a few beers - is the attendance decent this evening ??
    Sorry to hear about your friend.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Must be wearing a syrup then. He as bald as a coot!
    Nope, that is def Curbs... ;)
  • Options

Not Gavin Peacock.
  • Options

Mo Salah, our first January signing 
  • Options

Joe Wicks is buying us!
  • Options
    3 and half games away from Tommy's European dream...
  • Options
    Good first half but it’s the 2nd we tend to lose concentration.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Covered End 90% full, Curbs pretty full, lower West 75% full?
  • Options
    Done okay in the first half. Payne and Fraser doing well going forwards and the defence hanging in, desperately at times. Leaburn was unlucky to be booked so I expect Stockley to replace him, maybe at HT. 

Other than that, we.just need to hang in for as long as we can.

COYA 
  • Options

"Go on, stick a billion in, you'll double your money. Guaranteed"
  • Options
    Decent first half performance.
    it’s a joke in north upper at the top. Bit of a crush. Everyone on the stairs. Not a steward in sight 
  • Options

Edgar Wright doing a movie about this dismal fuckfest
  • Options
    How are some watching on internet ?

How do I get that please ?

• Options

3 wise men

• Options
    edited December 2022
    For the away side we have done well.  

They have looked a good deal better than us with their movement and deft flicks, but we are working hard and have had our moments. Loved the fact they had a big flag go across the West Upper, but had it back to front.
  • Options
    plenty of room on the sides!