Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+POST p.20]: Charlton Athletic vs Brighton | Weds 21 Dec 2022 (League Cup Rd of 16)

edited December 2022 in General Charlton
Team news is out. Looks like a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 depending on where Payne & JRS line up - either side of the forward or Payne behind a front two. Leaburn starts.

Comments

• Options
    Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Inniss, Lavelle, Ness; Chin, Dobson (c), Fraser, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Leaburn, Payne

Subs: MacGillivray, Mitchell, Morgan, Forster-Caskey, Blackett-Taylor, Campbell, Kirk, Stockley, Aneke
  • Options
    I would genuinely rather play with Payne at centre back than having that knuckle dragging neanderthal in the side again
  • Options
    Brighton: Steele, Lamptey, Dunk, Colwill, March, Gross, Lallana, Enciso, Undav, Caicedo, Gilmour

Subs: McGill, Trossard, Sarmiento, Mitoma, Ferguson, Van Hecke, Estupinan, Veltman, Moran
  • Options
    Great to see Ness again... and am really glad that Maynard-Brewer keeps his starting spot.

Need to move MacGillivray on now, after his fuck ups against Cheltenham and Stockport
  • Options
    Glad AMB has kept his place. Not sure about Chin starting personally. Strong bench.
  • Options

They don't need this much, christ lol
  • Options
    Revised bet. Thank me later. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

They don't need this much, christ lol
    Not surprised one bit. Every PL club has put out a relatively strong team this week - treating it like a mid-season pre-season game before they get back to the league action on Boxing Day...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How strong is that line up of Brighton. I know it should be strong enough to beat us?

Lets hope Leaburn gets through the game in one peace.
  • Options
    🔴 Three changes for the Addicks
    🔴 Leaburn returns to the starting XI
    🔴 Fellow academy graduates Ness and Chin also in from the off
  • Options
    Only bonus for Chin was that his best game for us was against Brighton U21s in the EFL Trophy

Do it again lad... Same team, no difference at all
  • Options
    Will be fuming when Sarmiento comes on and tucks away the winner. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    How strong is that line up of Brighton. I know it should be strong enough to beat us?

Six starters from their last PL game before the World Cup are starting tonight: Gross, Dunk, Colwill, Caicedo, March and Lallana.

The four other outfield players aren't exactly terrible either and for the most part, all get regular minutes off the bench: Lamptey, Undav, Enciso, Gilmour.

The only nailed on back-up / won't get regular league minutes is the goalkeeper Jason Steele. But he's no rookie either, 32 y/o and over 250 appearances in the Championship through his career.

Summary: they should have far too much for us.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Brighton be fuming when Stockley comes on and tucks away the winner. 
  • Options

Six starters from their last PL game before the World Cup are starting tonight: Gross, Dunk, Colwill, Caicedo, March and Lallana.

The four other outfield players aren't exactly terrible either and for the most part, all get regular minutes off the bench: Lamptey, Undav, Enciso, Gilmour.

The only nailed on back-up / won't get regular league minutes is the goalkeeper Jason Steele. But he's no rookie either, over 250 appearances in the Championship through his career.

Summary: they should have far too much for us.
    Levi Colwill is one very much to watch as well - Left-Back on loan from Chelsea, and was reading a few Social Media comments after the World Cup, saying that he'll be the next big thing in that position for England in a few years time.
  • Options
    Someone has their camera with them ready to snap pictures of the director's box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots of Brighton on my train at London Bridge 
  • Options
    Disappointed that Chin is starting. He has shown that there is potential there, but has been poor in his last few games.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Some very upset Brighton fans lining up in the cold to collect their tickets. At least they're getting a taste of our shambles... some seem to be keen to put the blame on their own club though.

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/carabao-cup-fourth-round-charlton-3rd-allocation-of-tickets.397703/page-59#post-10482762
  • Options
    Has to be 3-5-2. Ness at full back would be a disaster
  • Options
    Great to see Ness again... and am really glad that Maynard-Brewer keeps his starting spot.

Need to move MacGillivray on now, after his fuck ups against Cheltenham and Stockport
    I’ve defended Mac more than anyone but he’s had enough chances now, you’re right. 
  • Options
    I don’t understand why we’re continuing to play the tragi-comic duo of Inniss and Lavelle when, of all the millions of children we’ve forced into the first team, Mitchell has looked the most assured. Bonkers 
  • Options
    Can’t remember us fielding a worse back four than that in my life time