Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Cheltenham Town | Friday 2nd December 2022 - 7:45pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    WTAF is that?!?!? CBT was limping about 5mins after he came on against Stockport so assume he is injured again.

Why is it ok to chuck young defenders in, but not strikers?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Well Lavelle has deserved to be dropped...

For Ness to replace him and not Elerewe though, given how long Deji has been back... Ouch
    Deji must be injured, right? He's been out of the squad the last 2-3 weeks. Unless Garner really, really doesn't fancy him. But why bring him back from loan then, why not just bring Ness back? 

So much about this is confusing, but to be honest, I can't argue with dropping Lavelle, he's been really poor. And Ness and Mitchell are at least comfortable on the ball. 
    Didnt someone say on the Botafogo thread that Deji played in the friendly against them?
  • Options
    Dobson is captain 👏
  • Options
    Are we resting players for the last 16?
  • Options
    Anyone got a picture on charlton tv?
  • Options
    Anyone got a picture on charlton tv?
    Not yet mate. Meant to start at 7. Assume it’s just late 
  • Options
    Spoke too soon. Kish!,,
  • Options
    Cheltenham at 5/1 looks tempting
  • Options
    Spoke too soon. Kish!,,
    Love him. 
  • Options

What?!

Showing desperation for a decent CB or two and also a striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good shout. I’ll reluctantly watch the stream, I don’t feel up for it at all and that team hasn’t helped.

This feels a lot like the worst periods under Roland - the hope has gone, we’re just existing while we wait for a takeover to give us a lift and a chance of progressing as a club.
  • Options
    Christ, what is that team...
    I said the other day there was more chance of the kids playing tonight than at Stockport in the replay with potentially £207k up for grabs to TS😉
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Good shout. I’ll reluctantly watch the stream, I don’t feel up for it at all and that team hasn’t helped.

This feels a lot like the worst periods under Roland - the hope has gone, we’re just existing while we wait for a takeover to give us a lift and a chance of progressing as a club.
    To be fair we did get promoted while we were waiting.  That year between Shrewsbury and Wembley feel even stranger in hindsight.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

To be fair we did get promoted while we were waiting.  That year between Shrewsbury and Wembley feel even stranger in hindsight.
    Indeed that period under Bowyer was really positive.  Great on the pitch, and brilliant atmosphere in the crowd, especially at away games
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

I was thinking more about the period from Fraeye, the relegation and under Slade.
  • Options
    That’s one of the worst starting elevens I’ve seen us put out in a league game. He wants to get sacked.
  • Options
    interesting line up ... I'll be specially interested in how the two novice defenders make out
  • Options
    That’s one of the worst starting elevens I’ve seen us put out in a league game. He wants to get sacked.
    There is no way that Sandgaard will sacking if a takeover is anywhere near close.  Why would he?
  • Options
    Well we look alright so far...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There is no way that Sandgaard will sacking if a takeover is anywhere near close.  Why would he?
    Was a turn of phrase rather than a statement 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm going to this (though f**k knows why), so expect a lacklustre performance and heavy defeat.

You've been warned.
    And there we go .....