Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Club or Country question to discover where you are

Comments

• Options
    England all day long. The World Cup final is the pinnacle. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Think a better comparison would be Charlton in the FA Cup final as opposed to play-off final 
  • Options
    I’d be more gutted if Charlton lost but wouldn’t want to miss out on the England celebrations. 

Where I’d be: World Cup final
    What I’d want most: Charlton win
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Think a better comparison would be Charlton in the FA Cup final as opposed to play-off final 
    And your chosen home nation in the World Cup final. 
  • Options
    If you had asked me pre-covid I would probably have said England. Now I would definitely say England. Although to be perfectly honest I feel completely disconnected from most things football at the moment. Charlton bores me senseless most of the time and I have really struggled to "get into" the World Cup. It just doesn't fell like a "proper" tournament.

Not sure if my feelings towards Charlton are reflective of my wider low mood and general disillusionment with the world, but I can honestly say Charlton stopped being enjoyable a long time ago and is showing no signs of being anything but a chore at the moment.
    Clem, I never thought I would say this but I have to agree with you.
    However, largely by force of habit, I blindly plough on and reluctantly take the current awful medicine that is being served up………both on and off the pitch.
    I simply have no choice.

In this fell of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud 
    Under the bludgeoning of chance
    My head is blooded but unbowed
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Yes - good shout Rob. Very few have seen Charlton in the FA cup final. The original question I would have said England straight away, your version is really hard to decide.   
  • Options
    I'm in my office at the moment.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

neither - I would stay in and watch re-runs of classic episodes of The Chase
    Don't blame you mate.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Yes - good shout Rob. Very few have seen Charlton in the FA cup final. The original question I would have said England straight away, your version is really hard to decide.   

I've changed the options via original question 👍
  • Options
    Change it to "your chosen home nation" 'n all mate.

Half the people on here wouldn't cross the road to watch England in a World Cup final, and if they did they'd be cheering on the opposition
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Half the people on here wouldn't cross the road to watch England in a World Cup final, and if they did they'd be cheering on the opposition

How about an England World cup final to be played...

At the valley 😉
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Really…..I can’t say I’ve come across anyone with those views…….unless they aren’t English that is.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    England. not even close 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Really…..I can’t say I’ve come across anyone with those views…….unless they aren’t English that is.
    That's exactly what I mean mate. Not everyone is English so they'd presumably sooner watch the Charlton lift the Cup rather than the England

• Options
    England. not even close 
    Particularly as half the England squad would be made up of Charlton....
  • Options
    No brainer.

My club.
  • Options
    Charlton 
  • Options
    Charlton all day
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    A comment that is irrelevant to football 😉
  • Options
    Oh FFS Dave, don't bring politics into it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    My instict tells me if you decide on watching Charlton fa cup final, then you're a lot more likely to be a labour voter

If you choose the England World cup final, then you are likely to be voting Conservative 

I'd watch the Charlton fa cup final but it is a tight decision.

I voted for corbyn and friends in the last general election but was a tad reluctant to do so

What on earth are you about?! 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Oh FFS Dave, don't bring politics into it.

I get the warning....I know its a sensitive subject that can sometimes burst and or is irrelevant 

I wasn't being serious.  Was more of a casual kind of matching joke
  • Options
    No brainer.

My club.
    100% this. Seriously what's going on with some of you people?

Probably shouldn't be surprised really since most on here don't even go anymore but expect to be catered for first when Wembley glory beckons. 
  • Options
    I'd sooner see Charlton win the Pappa Johns, I'd not cross the road to watch England.
  • Options
    I'd sooner see Charlton win the Pappa Johns, I'd not cross the road to watch England.
    I’d sooner Scotland and Wales played in the World Cup final than us win that crock of ultimate shit 
  • Options
    I would love to give the nutter my Charlton ticket & make him suffer watching a misfiring Stockers & a ragtag team of underperforming players trying to play Garnerball,but I couldn’t bring meself to be that bad to someone else,so he can have the WC ticket for his ill gotten gains…& England would prob lose on pens anyway…🙄
  • Options
    Both as equal. It would be a privilege to don both shirts. 
  • Options
    Care more about Charlton than England... Care more about the world cup than the FA cup. Tough. Probably go with the world cup final 
  • Options
    Is it this season? If so World Cup as our current Charlton team has no chance and I don't have an affinity with the majority of them. 

I don't have much of an affinity with the England team either but at least it will hold more weight in a "I've been to..." conversation
  • Options
    Charlton every time