Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs United States (The People’s Match Thread)

Comments

• Options
    Southgate needs to change things round. Trouble is he only has plan A 
  • Options
    WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT

If we go through group, imagine what Spain or Brazil or, or, or would do to us

So annoyed is I 

But not surprised 
  • Options
    Champagne football one game.

Absolute hand shandy the next
  • Options
    Christ that was an awful half, Sterling, Saka,Mount hardly moved. Everything is so slow it’s like watching a poor Sunday league team.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Trippier
    Saka
    Mount
    Sterling

GASH

So slow.  I don't get it.
    I thought Gash had a decent half
  • Options
    Hottest game of the tournament so far, intense humidity. England preserving their energy a bit whereas the oppo won’t stop running.

If their game against Wales is anything to go by, they’ll start to seriously tire with 20-30 minutes to go.

Credit to them for their performance so far though.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary We don't need to be great but we need to do things quicker. No reason for everything being sooooooooo slow??
  • Options
    We still win this easy 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    @ValleyGary We don't need to be great but we need to do things quicker. No reason for everything being sooooooooo slow??
    feels like GS has watched the wales game and made assumptions that we need to tire them out, but they have set up differently and learned from the previous game - we should have realised after 30 minutes we needed to up the tempo but we just didn't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew we weren't going to be very good when we purposefully started the 1st 20mins playing in a slow tempo and way too hesitant. Having said that, it really wasn't that bad and as bad as the likely incoming exaggerations of moaning about us will dish out.

Just relax and stop the panic.

We are great in the final 3rd and I'm 100% confident we will score in the 2nd half 

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I agree. But US have obviously done their homework it’s for us to adapt. It’s a 90 min game, let’s see how we react second half.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I don't get Mount. Is it just me?
    Apart from pass to the opposition, I don't know what he does
  • Options
    Think we'll improve second 45. Every time we find Kane he keeps the ball. Need to do it more.

Would love to be able to try Maddison for Mount here.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Think we'll improve second 45. Every time we find Kane he keeps the ball. Need to do it more.

Would love to be able to try Maddison for Mount here.
    i think he is still out unfortunately
  • Options
    Underwhelmed so far.
  • Options
    I'd bring on

Trent
    Maddison
    Foden

For

Trippier
    Mount
    Sterling
  • Options
    Madison still injured 
  • Options
    US to top the group. 
  • Options
    Need players who can run with the ball ; tricky around the area. Bring on Grealish & Foden. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dreadful so far - can only get better.. 
  • Options
    US to top the group. 
    fucking hell we're gonna win 5-0 then lol
  • Options
    CLOSE THEM DOWN FFS
  • Options
    Iran were pony, this is dreadful 
  • Options
    Saka that was fucking simple
  • Options
    Run!!!
  • Options
    when is Corey Gibbs coming on..? 
  • Options
    That was shit but you ain’t gonna play well every minute of every game. Maguire our best player.

45 mins of poo don’t mean you’re crap. So easy to start laying into England.
    If we hadn't had the dross performances earlier on this year then yep it wouldn't matter and hopefully still wont but we have previously been a bit laboured and pony , this isn't a one off this year
  • Options
    How can Saka be so good on Monday and so poor this eve?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Get Grealish and Foden on on the hour mark. The goals will come