Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs United States (The People’s Match Thread)

1101112131416»

Comments

• just like watching the Addicks .. great against Iran, second best and fortunate to get a point against the Americans .. Kane didn't look fit and (i m o) should not have started, also noticeable how Adams the USA captain was forever at his teammates, encouraging, directing, whereas Kane always seems to be as quiet as a dumb waiter .. still we should get into the next round but another performance like that in the next round could see us on the plane back home
  • I couldn’t help noticing how slow a pace the game started, with the back four at virtual walking pace passing the ball to and fro…..for me, after about ten minutes, I thought this does not bode well and sure enough it proved to be the case.
    Listening to the experts before kick off I got the impression the plan was to knock it about and wear down the energetic USA midfield however that back fired 
  • I couldn’t help noticing how slow a pace the game started, with the back four at virtual walking pace passing the ball to and fro…..for me, after about ten minutes, I thought this does not bode well and sure enough it proved to be the case.
    Listening to the experts before kick off I got the impression the plan was to knock it about and wear down the energetic USA midfield however that back fired 
    And how!
  • I reckon we should get rid of Southgate and maybe get in Capello, or maybe Roy Hodgson.

Southgate is the first England manager in the modern era to understand the formula needed to win in major tournaments. In fact we were only a penalty shootout away in the last one. The one previous we were extra time away from a final.

Both times we had a dud result in the group stage. Today was that dud for 2022.

Gareth deserves a bit more credit than he’s given. It could certainly be a lot worse.
    Roy Hodgson, I'd rather keep Southgate.
  • I reckon we should get rid of Southgate and maybe get in Capello, or maybe Roy Hodgson.

Southgate is the first England manager in the modern era to understand the formula needed to win in major tournaments. In fact we were only a penalty shootout away in the last one. The one previous we were extra time away from a final.

Both times we had a dud result in the group stage. Today was that dud for 2022.

Gareth deserves a bit more credit than he’s given. It could certainly be a lot worse.
    Roy Hodgson, I'd rather keep Southgate.
    I think you may have missed the sarcasm.
  • Maguire was outstanding.

Thats all.

Still fuming that I now have to sit with my Welsh husband through the next match knowing what’s coming.

What have I done to deserve it?
    Umm, you might already have worked this out, but you married a welshman. All your own fault.
  • Maguire was outstanding.

Thats all.

Still fuming that I now have to sit with my Welsh husband through the next match knowing what’s coming.

Marrying a Welshman?
  • IdleHans said:
    Maguire was outstanding.

Thats all.

Umm, you might already have worked this out, but you married a welshman. All your own fault.
    Always got the rugby union to cheer you both up