Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - World cup pass

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Download the Opera browser & a free VPN is built in.
    Just make sure the VPN logo/icon in the top left hand corner of your screen is clicked to on as opposed to off, if this needs doing.
    Then simply buy the Saturday games through the Opera browser and watch them through the Opera browser.
    It's very simple. 
    Connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable which you can buy from Amazon. It's simpler than buying a railway ticket!
    Yes, I am so not computer literate, and even I can use it. Just download the OPERA browser… (and it’s free)
  • Options
    redman said:
    redman said:
    This thread, once again, proves people on this thread like nothing better than a good moan. Good news is announced that we can view extra games thast normally we can't. Price the same £10 a game or if you want can prepay the whole package. What is there really to maon about.

Except having a goan maon about people moaning!
    Anyone can watch any game already. No doubt some play by the rules or imagine a VPN is too complicated, but if you want to watch any game you can. The club knows this very well and is happy with it. Indeed, you can watch in multiple households on the same log-in, which is another reason the model is flawed. I doubt the owner even knows that.
    I can't use a VPN so it's not true. I looked into it but seemed quite complicated so gave up. When I did research I though I could get on my laptop but don't think I can have on my smart TV. Technically it's also illegal (although not sure about that and certainly not my point) although the chances of being prosecuted are non-existent. There are also people who might watch but can't be bothered because of the VPN complication (I know of at least 1). I'm sure the club is quite happy with it as it would be extra revenue. 
    Anyway my real point was that it's not an issue worth moaning about. There are far more serious issues at the club.
    I think most of us can cope with more than one topic at a time. The future of streaming is a pretty fundamental issue and discussing it doesn’t necessarily equate to “a moan”. As stated, it’s not “illegal” to access via a VPN but I certainly agree it puts some people off. 
  • Options
    Just make sure the VPN logo/icon in the top left hand corner of your screen is clicked to on as opposed to off, if this needs doing.
    Then simply buy the Saturday games through the Opera browser and watch them through the Opera browser.
    It's very simple. 
    If I can manage it, everybody can ! 

But if anyone can help with adding BT Sport for the 3 x 1 dayers in Sydney to my existing Sky ( inc Sky Sports ) package, I'd be grateful. 
  • Options
    I have a Chstlton TV annual pass. So will I have to pay for these games on top of the above or will they he included in my annual pass. The web page does not make this obvious.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    msomerton said:
    I have a Chstlton TV annual pass. So will I have to pay for these games on top of the above or will they he included in my annual pass. The web page does not make this obvious.
    It depends what matches the annual pass allows you to watch.
    I thought the annual pass does not include live streaming of first class matches? 
    So you would have to pay.
    Unless of course you have an overseas annual pass and have already paid to watch all the games.

CharltonTV annual pass

Exclusive access to CharltonTV for 12 months including:

- Live audio commentary, highlights, exclusive interviews and features, streaming of U23s home games

- Live streaming of ALL first-team pre-season friendlies

- Does NOT include live streaming of competitive first-team fixtures

• Options
    It does include away first team midweek games.
  • Options
    It's very simple. 
    Ok well no point now until January. However I might get back to you in January or February sometime for this. 
  • Options
    I guess it's because they are soon going to raise the individual game price.
  • Options
    Isn't it absolutely ludicrous that people living overseas can watch our games from the comfort of their homes whilst UK based supporters can't (legally)? The VPN get-around is proof that the Clubs don't care. Clubs need to adopt the German pricing model and then they won't need to worry about cannibalising revenue. There will always be a market for live sport but it can't be priced out against watch-at-home. 
  • Options
    Isn't it absolutely ludicrous that people living overseas can watch our games from the comfort of their homes whilst UK based supporters can't (legally)? The VPN get-around is proof that the Clubs don't care. Clubs need to adopt the German pricing model and then they won't need to worry about cannibalising revenue. There will always be a market for live sport but it can't be priced out against watch-at-home. 
    I didn't know they allowed live streaming in streaming for German games. Can you explain their pricing model please ie streaming v live attendance.