Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Burton Albion V Charlton Athletic FC | Saturday 12th November 2022, 3-00pm KO

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Thought 2 - 0 flattered us a bit, and was expecting this be cagey up until mid way through the second half.

Did not expect it to be 2-2 by half time that’s for sure.

We have absolutely power on the bench in CBT, Aneke and JFC, so always in the game at this score line. 

Id be tempted to put JFC on for Dobson, who has looked off the boil, but not sure if that will just make us more defensively frail. 
  • The Garnerball Manifesto is missing a few chapters on defending. 
  • Don’t even know where to begin with the defending for the second goal. About 2 mins of absolute shambles leading up to it.

We should still beat these, they’re pony.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    The Garnerball Manifesto is missing a few chapters on defending. 
    Bit difficult when 3 of your starting back 5 are missing.
  • edited November 2022
    Watching the replay of the first goal again.
    That is one dirty no look pass and assist from Inniss. 

First half summary:

Scrappy in places, some decent stuff from us - but not defending! - and two great football goals. 

Burton physical and more "industrial" football but since their first have looked the team on the up. 

More goals second half, Burton must be almost knackered, Aneke, CBT and Payne should have a field day.
  • Anyone having problem with their Charlton TV feed 
    managed to stop and freeze for all 4 goals my wanky laptop

then prick petrol head who was warned not to cheer cheered 
    so only in this house so we go 0-2 up and I’m screaming my nut off having said no cheering unless we’re all watching together ffs 
    cos we’re all on different times 
  • 2-2 is a fair score. We've been largely second best although scored 2 very good goals.

However, I still think we can win this. Bring B-T & Aneke  on for the last 25 minutes against a tiring team and it could be interesting.
  • Our backpassing does my head in..
  • Laboured and disjointed despite the two goals.
  • Mismatch at the set piece with Dobson marking Oshilaja
    Tel said this on the stream, but Oshilaja is hardly a giant.

And Dobson has played a centre back before
    The “mismatch” statement has been bothering me, so I just looked up their stats on soccerbase. 
    Deji is 6’ 0” tall. Dobson is 6’ 1”.
    🤨
    But height is just part of the equation. Dej1 had a great leap on him and Dobbo isn't that good in the air. As we know, Dej1 isn't that good in the air either, but he's a lot better than Dobbo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We need to speed up our passing but then again they say the pitch is slow. 
  • Just bet on us to win 5 3. You heard it here first 
  • Lol this Icelandic bloke is great value
  • edited November 2022
    Lol this Icelandic bloke is great value
    No wonder he fell over, was wearing flat soled trainers, fair play on him coming on today though,reckons he has played football...🤷‍♂️
  • If Garner gets the subs correct we can win this 5  2
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SDAddick said:
    Mismatch at the set piece with Dobson marking Oshilaja
    Tel said this on the stream, but Oshilaja is hardly a giant.

And Dobson has played a centre back before
    The “mismatch” statement has been bothering me, so I just looked up their stats on soccerbase. 
    Deji is 6’ 0” tall. Dobson is 6’ 1”.
    🤨
    But height is just part of the equation. Dej1 had a great leap on him and Dobbo isn't that good in the air. As we know, Dej1 isn't that good in the air either, but he's a lot better than Dobbo. 
    He's a lot bigger and stronger even if he's not as tall.

Oshilaja is a mound of man muscle. Dobson is a man sized version of Dobby the Elf.
    I miss Dej1. Absolute unit, ripped as can be, always seemed like a nice guy, and I thought he was alright as a fullback.

I don't miss him in a want him back way, just in a nice to see him but wish he'd stop scoring against us way. 
  • Time for our cheat code in the second half 
  • edited November 2022
    Second half, almost a goal straight away from Sess,
  • Sponsored links:

• Burton have a decent scoring record this season. But their defense is the joint worst in the league. 

We have to hope we can score one or two more in the second half, especially with CBT and Aneke to come on. 
  • Burton to do a Golfie.....??
    Boring
  • Campbell having a good game and looks settled, showing some controlled stuff, impressive
  • Less need for the Aneke cheat code today as scoring hasn't been the problem 
  • Less need for the Aneke cheat code today as scoring hasn't been the problem 
    Play him CB then😁
  • Chin just sent a lovely cross end, no one able to get on it, we still have possession, can't quite find the final ball.

Sess has it and cross hits the top of the bar.

Good spell.
  • Has anyone elses stream given up? Tells me the show is off air right now
  • Come out for the second half really well so far... Keep this up and it'll be a matter of time before we score again
  • edited November 2022
    First 10 minutes of second half, we are pressing higher, and just hit the bar, so far so good
  • sam3110 said:
    Has anyone elses stream given up? Tells me the show is off air right now
    Fine for me in the Netherlands 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!