Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Burton Albion V Charlton Athletic FC | Saturday 12th November 2022, 3-00pm KO

Comments

• Think we need at least another 2 to have any chance of winning against the bottom club 
  • jeez, defensively we are a shambles.
  • Absolutely awful.

And again, people will continue to insist we have a goal scoring problem.
  • About to say despite looking scrappy Burton have had more of it since they got one back.

It was maybe, coming.

• Hope we dont let this one slip away. 2-0 up against the bottom side you need to go on and win by 3 or 4. 
    5 or 6-2 here we come.  2nd half should be huge!
  • Scummy throw away a 2 goal lead.
    Shame 
    I have a horrible feeling on Millwall life someone has typed something similar.
  • Absolutely awful.

The penny may drop one day as to why we were so desperate for more Centre-Back cover towards the end of the Summer Transfer Window - Oh well, our fans see the players more than the coaches do
  • Surely Elerewe is worth a go. Sounds as though Lavelle cannot hack it
  • Someone was taking the piss on here out of Millwall for throwing away a two goal lead.
  • Sponsored links:

• See, this is why we need to score 4 goals first. 

😅

we'd lose 5-4 but at least our goal difference wouldnt be too bad.
  • Me thinking it is going to be down to Chucks in the second half.
  • Hope we dont let this one slip away. 2-0 up against the bottom side you need to go on and win by 3 or 4. 

5 mins later the inevitable happens.

I suppose that happens when you have you all bar 1 of your back 5 missing. 
  • Corner from the right from Fraser comes to nothing

Two you mean? - Inniss and Sessegnon are first choice in their roles
  • Burton to do a Golfie.....??
  • edited November 2022
    HT: 2-2 ... Frustrating, but Burton deserve it based on the possession they've had
  • Fraser with a corner shot bounces off the top of the bar aaaaaaand it's half time.

Suprised you’ve not blamed it on us not scoring 3. That’s your usual MO. 
  • 6-6 incoming. Get your money on it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Going for a repeat of the Ipswich 4-4
  • Great free run from Campbell into the area, results in a corner from Fraser keeper palms over and we have half time whistle..
    Good and bad from Charlton in first half, sharpen up second half and we should be ok
  • Terrible last 15-20 mins of that half.

kirk puts us 2-0, and we give away a soft free kick and defend terribly.
    burton well on top at 2-1, and we just keep gifting possession to them!

just when we looked exciting, and enjoying ‘Charlton’ again- we go and piss about again today
  • Absolutely awful.

We need strengthening in both areas, and did so at the end of the window, but as of right now the defence is of more concern.
  • Someone was taking the piss on here out of Millwall for throwing away a two goal lead.
    They are playing a team in the top 6.......we are playing a team rock bottom. 
  • After that second goal I thought that game was put to bed. They had to get a goal back very quickly to stop their heads from dropping and unfortunately we gifted it to them.
  • Mismatch at the set piece with Dobson marking Oshilaja
    Tel said this on the stream, but Oshilaja is hardly a giant.

And Dobson has played a centre back before
    The “mismatch” statement has been bothering me, so I just looked up their stats on soccerbase. 
    Deji is 6’ 0” tall. Dobson is 6’ 1”.
    🤨
    Deji’s also 6ft wide and Dobbo about 18 inches. 
  • There are a couple more goals in this for us but we have to hope we can keep them out.
  • Three out of the first choice back five missing and it shows. I can't remember Lavelle being involved at all. Inniss with a great run and assist but hasn't been good enough at the back. Chin just not there yet. Tracking back from the wingers is a very mixed bag at best, Campbell looked lost for the second. 

Huge credit to Kirk, two good runs in behind, two great finishes. Not known for running in behind but he's adapted really well. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!