Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup Compensation

2»

Comments

• this cant be right, if a player played for four different teams in the last two years (perm 6 month contracts say), fifa are going to weigh out 36 bags a day the whole time they are at the world cup?
    Who fits that criteria though? 99% of players will have played for 1-2. 
    I still don't think they'd risk it, with leagues around the world playing at different times and different winter breaks etc 
  • sam3110 said:
    this cant be right, if a player played for four different teams in the last two years (perm 6 month contracts say), fifa are going to weigh out 36 bags a day the whole time they are at the world cup?
    Not 4, but Gallagher will have FIFA contributing to WBA, Palarse and Chelsea, for instance. 

would it not just be Chelsea as their player ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:
    this cant be right, if a player played for four different teams in the last two years (perm 6 month contracts say), fifa are going to weigh out 36 bags a day the whole time they are at the world cup?
    Not 4, but Gallagher will have FIFA contributing to WBA, Palarse and Chelsea, for instance. 

would it not just be Chelsea as their player ?
    I thought that but I haven't been able to verify and on the FIFA website it says anyone registered to play for a club in the last 2 years.. so...?
  • There is surely some sort of clause that means it’s a pro-rata (ie - if the player is with us for 6 months of those two years then it’s a quarter of the payout).

This windfall, whilst good for us, is frankly mental.
  • sam3110 said:

Which will be fairly unique so hardly going to break the bank.