Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup Compensation

All clubs will receive 10,000 dollars (£9000) per day per player for the duration of their call up. This applies to all clubs for whom the player has played for in the previous 2 years. 

Wollacott
Gunter
Williams
Lockyer
Gallagher

Not a bad return for TS! 

Comments

• I doubt Gallagher will count as he was on loan.
  • Probably right Bedsaddick, but still a minimum £36k per day until the end of the group stages! 
  • Seriously?
    Is this true?
  • All clubs will receive 10,000 dollars (£9000) per day per player for the duration of their call up. This applies to all clubs for whom the player has played for in the previous 2 years. 

Wollacott
    Gunter
    Williams
    Lockyer
    Gallagher

Not a bad return for TS! 
    Remarkable! Got a link?
  • Can’t do links, just google it! 
  • edited November 2022

• edited November 2022
    It’s been more than two years since Gallagher (34 months) and Lockyer (28 months) played for us so won’t count towards the total. Same with the Welsh Matt Smith (33 months).

Jonny Williams (22 months), Gunter (8 months) and Wollacott should count.
  • The money for Williams and Gunter is surely the ultimate windfall. At least the club will claw back a small proportion of the wages we wasted on Gunter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Germany have picked a player called Gunter too.
    Double your money time!
  • Why previous clubs? I assume that is to cover the qualification period?
  • Why previous clubs? I assume that is to cover the qualification period?
    Indeed - as the man from FIFA says, "to recognise the part those clubs played in the World Cup Qualifying journey". FIFA are clearly as adept at management speak as they are at corruption.
  • Blucher said:
    The money for Williams and Gunter is surely the ultimate windfall. At least the club will claw back a small proportion of the wages we wasted on Gunter. 
    If our club gets payments from FIFA for Johnny 30 mins Williams and Chris f***ing Gunter then football is absolutely f***ed!!!
  • My god, I really can't stand bloody Wales. I hope Gunter plays like the complete liability he was for us, we stonk them 6-0, and Charlton get compensation, lol
  • Now I understand our past obsession for buying welsh players! 

Come on you Wales!

Hope they finish second in our group to keep the compensation going.
  • You forgot Dylan Levitt...he probably counts too!
  • I would imagine the money we’re getting for those that were always going to play in the World Cup would have already been factored into our expenditure budgets for the season anyway.  So I’m not sure it will come as a surprise and ultimately increase spending come January.  
  • I would imagine the money we’re getting for those that were always going to play in the World Cup would have already been factored into our expenditure budgets for the season anyway.  So I’m not sure it will come as a surprise and ultimately increase spending come January.  
    Not sure about that, no guarantee the players would be picked. It won’t increase spending because Sandgaard needs it to pay for some more redundancies 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be astonished if we'd budgeted for Gunter getting picked for the world cup squad. This must surely be a windfall for us.
  • Well it's going to be about 275-300k minimum if they all go out group stages so not an amount to be sniffed at. 

As said, injuries or lack of selection and even lack of knowledge of how far into the tournament they progress means it can't really be budgeted for pre season so it's got to be bonus cash in the same way cup run gates/prize money is.
  • Thomas must be rubbing his hands together.
    Football really has lost it.
  • this cant be right, if a player played for four different teams in the last two years (perm 6 month contracts say), fifa are going to weigh out 36 bags a day the whole time they are at the world cup?
  • this cant be right, if a player played for four different teams in the last two years (perm 6 month contracts say), fifa are going to weigh out 36 bags a day the whole time they are at the world cup?
    Let's face it, that's a drop in the bucket for what FIFA make from a world cup in TV rights, sponsorship money etc
  • Did't think I'd be wanting Wales to get to the final! 
  • redman said:
    Did't think I'd be wanting Wales to get to the final! 
    Like with any cup run windfall cash, or player sales/sell on fees, I wouldn't be expecting it to be put back into the team other than going towards balancing the books. So I think its safe to not be overly invested in Wales' performance any more than you normally would tbh.
  • edited November 2022

Who fits that criteria though? 99% of players will have played for 1-2. 
    Who fits that criteria though? 99% of players will have played for 1-2. 
    Not 4, but Gallagher will have FIFA contributing to WBA, Palarse and Chelsea, for instance.