Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup 22/23 - 3rd round v Newcastle at the Valley, Tuesday December 6th 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Looking at the Newcastle United Official Site they have a few pre game features, and seem strong and in form and up for it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Today, this evening, I already got a ticket before the streaming was announced so will be there freezing the proverbials.
    Some of these games in the past have charged us (modestly) to get in, but have then given us no information about the players.
    No team sheets (except for the directors box people I have noticed), no announcements, and no list of teams on the big screen…indeed the big screen has been used to simply show some poxy advert.
    Please Charlton, those few of us turning up and paying to get in could do with the basic information of which number is which player, for both sides.
    I volunteer to take the mic, get a team sheet from the big nobs, and announce it  to those there loud and clear if the photocopying is too much of an expense.
    We don’t want an evening of ‘who’s that number 4?’.
    Essentially Charlton, try not to treat those turning up with your usual contempt.

edit.
    I have eeee mailed the club asking about live spectator information this evening. We shall hopefully get the info.
    DJ @seth plum Worth entrance fee alone.
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr's been asked to do the sound system again tonight. Usually only does Saturday matches but looks like he might have the gig full time soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sense of anticipation here, and I have a teamsheet yay.
    Newcastle are
    1 Auden Harris
    2Lucas Cooper
    3 Dylan Charlton
    4 Rory Powell
    5 Cisrsn Thompson
    6 Harry Powell
    7 Darren Palmer
    8 Anthony Munda
    9 Ben Parkinson cpt
    10 Shaun Mavididi
    11 Johnny Emerson

13 Taylor Ross gk
    12 Luke Craggs
    14 Logan Watts
    15 Carter Milmore
    16 Thomas Bryant
    17 Sean Neave
    18 Joe Brayson
  • Options
    Newcastle aren’t exactly flying in the league so far this season so we’ll see how this goes tonight.
    looking forward to it either way with this infectious bunch!

love watching Karoy, Bower and Kai Enslin was really exciting last time out
    Casey and Kanu up top will be a real test too

missing Zach Mitchell at the back wil be a big loss as he guided Gough last time out.  Though Gough was decent this is going to be a step up so I’m assuming Asiimwe will be in the middle and Hobden on the right
  • Options
    Newcastle have Shaun Mavididi, brother of our former loanee 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Laqeretabua has been missing all season. I've seen in him some pictures/videos so I'm assuming that he's still with us but injured.

If available, him and Mitchell would be the first choice centre backs (imho). Two quality players.
  • Options
    Oops. Ryan Huke spoons over the bar after good work from Karoy Anderson to win the ball back on the edge of their area after Rylah had crossed in after a run down the right.
  • Options
    0-1. Huke had a shot blocked at the other end, Gough couldn't deal with his man on the counter,  and a good shot into the far corner means we're 1-0 down.
  • Options
    We have a decent shot from distance from a corner, but there's a bit of a melee in the 6 yard box and it ends up going out for a corner.
  • Options
    Ryan Huke did really well to wriggle out of a challenge and into the area by the touchline, but his low cross was too close to the keeper by the post.
  • Options
    Goal was very much against the run of play

decent game so far but they are dangerous in the break
  • Options
    Shot from distance from Karoy Anderson picked out of the air by their keeper.
  • Options
    Good run from Kanu down the left, keeper spills the cross, it comes back out to us but the second ball in is collected by the goalie more successfully.
  • Options
    Newcastle have a shot from about 10 yards outside the area that sails into the Covered End
  • Options
    We have a free kick just outside the RH edge of the area near the goal line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooh Rylah has a shot from the edge of the 6 yard box that their keeper parries, ball comes a little further out and a second shot is blocked, and Newcastle come out on the counter.
  • Options
    Newcastle looking a bit dangerous in our box for a mo, but Asiimwe does well to steer it back to Kone to clear.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Confusing commentary on the stream, with Newcastle having a player called Charlton...
    Charlton on the ball!!, that us or them?? ;)
    Looks like a good game and we are having the best of the play so far..

in fact we score equaliser from Kanu...1-1
  • Options
    1-1! Daniel Kanu!
  • Options
    1-1 Kanu
  • Options
    Great shot from outside the box. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Steve Brown-esque tackle in midfield (Ryan Huke from the looks of the replay) released Kanu to go on a run inside towards the area, and have a great shot from the edge of the D.
  • Options
    HT 1-1
  • Options
    As soon as Kanu moved inside he looked dangerous, and sure enough he got his goal 
  • Options
    Josh Laqeretabua has been missing all season. I've seen in him some pictures/videos so I'm assuming that he's still with us but injured.

If available, him and Mitchell would be the first choice centre backs (imho). Two quality players.
    Mentioned a while back that an academy player I taught thinks he’s the best player in the academy currently, but sadly has a bad injury at the moment.