Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• Options
    Shadab gets Bavuma with his first ball. Will be MOM if Pakistan win.
  • Options
    Spoke too soon 
  • Options
    Shadab gets Bavuma with his first ball. Will be MOM if Pakistan win.
    And then bowls Markram with his 3rd ball
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Pakistan were cheated yesterday too. A good win over SA today and Bangladesh and they could still have gone through. In fact, would have because of NRR
    And a loss to SA today and I think they might have 'accidently' lost to Bangladesh.

Yesterday was a game India had to.win, and I don't think many of us will consider it a coincidence that the umpires took the decision to rush back out to allow them the chance to do so.
  • Options
    SA behind on DLS now and the covers are coming on
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see, if it stops, how quickly they get out there. I have since spoken to Seb and he says that yesterday was ridiculous and that there was no way that they should have gone out when they did as evidenced by Das slipping over twice. The pressure on the Umpires to do so has to be coming from the ICC (and not just the Indian high profile players) because I just don't see, with the onus on protecting the players from injury and risk of Umpires being sued should one occur that is career threatening, them making that decision off their own back -  yes I know that they are covered by insurance but you simply do not make that decision, even with insurance in place, because it is a stain that you carry with you on your CV.   
  • Options
    DLS par score for SA after 9 overs is 85 so they actually needed to have scored 17 more than they have to be ahead. That over of Shadab's may well have made the difference between Pakistan winning and that's without his 52 off 22 balls - the 2nd ever fastest T20 50 by a Pakistan batsman. 
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see, if it stops, how quickly they get out there. I have since spoken to Seb and he says that yesterday was ridiculous and that there was no way that they should have gone out when they did as evidenced by Das slipping over twice. The pressure on the Umpires to do so has to be coming from the ICC (and not just the Indian high profile players) because I just don't see, with the onus on protecting the players from injury and risk of Umpires being sued should one occur that is career threatening, them making that decision off their own back -  yes I know that they are covered by insurance but you simply do not make that decision, even with insurance in place, because it is a stain that you carry with you on your CV.   
    Yep, because sadly money talks and it's all about viewers, clicks etc etc, and India in a semi final brings that.
  • Options
    Does seem a tad ridiculous that SA need to be 30 runs ahead of where Pakistan were at this stage for the loss of the same number of wickets. 
  • Options
    Does seem a tad ridiculous that SA need to be 30 runs ahead of where Pakistan were at this stage for the loss of the same number of wickets. 
    Indeed it does but, having been 55-4 at that stage, Pakistan's 130 off the final 11 overs was also extremely unusual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starting at 11.41. 5 overs to be bowled and the target will be 142 so 73 required
  • Options
    47 off 3
  • Options
    Superb death bowling by Pakistan
  • Options
    Two wickets for 6 runs in 2 overs at that stage is fantastic.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Blimey:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63496202

Imran Knan shot in assassination attempt.

Sounds like he's OK though.
  • Options
    Pakistan win by 33 runs
  • Options
    Looks very much like one semi final will be NZ v SA.

The other will be India v England/Australia.
  • Options
    Former Pakistan Prime Minister and cricketer Imran Khan has been shot in the leg and foot in an assassination attempt. He's come a long way since I saw him play for Worcestershire against Kent in the mid 1970s at Hesketh Park, Dartford. The injuries are not thought to be life threatening and I hope that he makes a full recovery.  
  • Options
    If NZ and Aus win tomorrow, our game against SL will be a dead rubber for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Afghanistan have won the toss and will field. Australia will need to go big. Finch out of the Australian side injured and Starc and David have been left out too. In come Green, Starc and Kane Richardson.

• Options
    Can see Australia getting 200 here then skittling them for 100.
  • Options
    Can see Australia getting 200 here then skittling them for 100.
    That would be disastrous 
  • Options
    Afghanistan have won the toss and will field. Australia will need to go big. Finch out of the Australian side injured and Starc and David have been left out too. In come Green, Starc and Kane Richardson.

Is Starc for Starc regarded as a like-for-like replacement? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Is Starc for Starc regarded as a like-for-like replacement? 
    Yes. Twins. Late change. Smith has come in.
  • Options
    Warner can "switch hit" but can't "switch defend"

• Options
    edited November 2022
    The two batsmen that have come in for Australia are out for 7 between them and cost a review too

53-3 off 6 overs
  • Options
    As soon as Marsh was dropped I thought 'uh oh'
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    As soon as Marsh was dropped I thought 'uh oh'
    Frustrating, would have piled the pressure on them being 4 down.