Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby League World Cup 2021 (being played in 2022)

Comments

• Options
    Ireland beat Jamaica 48-2

First time they played together Ireland & it showed.
    Felt really weird supporting a team with Myler & Bentley in it tbh 🤣🤣
  • Options
    NZ 34 - Lebanon 12

I didn’t watch this one but I’m surprised at the score line.
    Must watch it on catch up, Lebanon clearly have some players 🤔
  • Options

Yeah, but Luke Keary is a very good player and dominated the game. Half Back for the Sydney Roosters, but has had a few concussion injuries in the last couple of seasons. Like Victor Radley, hes chosen to play for his fathers country of origin.
  • Options
    NZ 34 - Lebanon 12

Mitch Moses their captain is the Half Back for the Parramatta Eels is one of the best in the comp Down Under. Adam Doeuhi, who was sent off for dissent, is the best player at West Tigers, so they have a good half back partnership. So no surprise they held their own. Some inventive kicks at the restarts put the Kiwis on the back foot to start with, but once their pack started rolling, they started to dominate. Joey Manu who plays wing for the Sydney Roosters, showed why he is the best in the world. 
  • Options

Monday, 17 October

Men's

France v Greece (19:30 BST, BBC Red Button & BBC Sport Online) - Eco-Power Stadium, Doncaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/63061246

• Options
    NZ 34 - Lebanon 12

New Zealand were not at it and it took the brilliant Manu to change the game. The Kiwis will get better as the tournament progresses. Don’t try to go through the middle against them! 
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Yeah, but Luke Keary is a very good player and dominated the game. Half Back for the Sydney Roosters, but has had a few concussion injuries in the last couple of seasons. Like Victor Radley, hes chosen to play for his fathers country of origin.
    Keary was MotM no surprises there.
     I’m really looking forward to France v Greece 🤩
  • Options

Impressed by England and Lebanon. Disappointed by Samoa, plenty of quality on paper including 4 players from the best club side in the world. The manager had talked about them being undercooked in the lead up to the game, but that performance…. Expect them to improve. France v Samoa should be good and probably decisive in who goes through. Likewise Lebanon v Ireland. Scotland also underwhelmed.

• Options
    Samoa had only three training sessions prior to Saturday, after the Penrith players had arrived late following a week on the piss after their Grand Final win. One of those sessions was a behind closed doors trial against Ireland, in which they lost by 7 tries to one,  according to Vossy in last nights commentary. They got their arses handed to them and rightly so,  if you dont turn up on time and take it seriously that's what happens. They are getting pelters from the Aussie fans on social media,  especially the self styled "Daddy" Jarome Luai, who epitomises Penrith's arrogance. 

Lebanon v France will be a good match up between Mitch Moses and Luke Keary, two of the best half backs in the NRL.
  • Options
    Just watched the New Zealand game on catch up. Have to say apart from obviously Manu, NZ look bang average. last 20 mins against a team with a man sent off they didn't score. Lebanon look pretty good. 

Just read that NZ next match is against Jamaica in Hull. average prices are £70 in the middle blocks and 55 quid to the side. cheapest is £25 in the corners of the ground. seems other grounds have similar price structure. no wonder the atmospher and attendance has been poor. ridiculous prices. anyone would think Sandgaard was involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i m o most of the games will not be worth watching .. England, Australia and New Zealand are the only possible winners of the thing .. I watched a few minutes of the Italy and Ireland games, mmmmm, I'll say no more
  • Options

Tuesday, 18 October

Men's

Tonga v Papua New Guinea (19:30 BST, BBC Three) - Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens

• Options
    Disappointed that we couldn’t see the France v Greece game.
    I take it it was on player or the red button (can’t get either here in Ireland).
    Looking forward to tonight’s game.
    Should be a cracker 🤩
  • Options
    Just watched the New Zealand game on catch up. Have to say apart from obviously Manu, NZ look bang average. last 20 mins against a team with a man sent off they didn't score. Lebanon look pretty good. 

Just read that NZ next match is against Jamaica in Hull. average prices are £70 in the middle blocks and 55 quid to the side. cheapest is £25 in the corners of the ground. seems other grounds have similar price structure. no wonder the atmospher and attendance has been poor. ridiculous prices. anyone would think Sandgaard was involved. 
    Again, in the build up to the tournament they were harping on about it being affordable and the great family sport, heart of the community and all that. £70 for a decent ticket to see one of the few teams worth watching doesn't really bear that out. 
  • Options
    The prices at St Helens seem more reasonable for tonight’s game.
    £25 & £15 concessions.
    Are the prices set by the stadia or the RFL?
  • Options
    Well the Tonga v PNG lived up to the hype.
    Monster game with Tonga narrowly winning 24-18.
    Either side could easily have won.
    Got to feel for Wales in this group.

Great rugby 💪🏻
  • Options

Great game tonight. PNG wrongly denied a try by the video ref. Thought Tonga had made a mess of getting in a position for a drop goal for the win at 18-18 near the death but threw the ball around and got the try.

• Options

Wednesday, 19 October

Men's

Wales v Cook Islands (19:30 BST, BBC Two) - Leigh Sports Village, Leigh

• Options

Great game tonight. PNG wrongly denied a try by the video ref. Thought Tonga had made a mess of getting in a position for a drop goal for the win at 18-18 near the death but threw the ball around and got the try.

Yes, gotta love Ben ‘look at me look at me’ Thaler.
    Eejit.
    I loved the comms with Jammer & Vossy too. Best yet 🤩
  • Options
    @clive sorry my friend, I’ve only just realised you’re putting up the games & channels.
    You are a star bar…………😘😘😘😘😘😘♥️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very good game. feel for PNG. Was a try imo as well. poor decision. 
    They also should of scored one in the first half if he just kept his toe in play. 

yeah @KBslittlesis agree about the commentators. Had good rapport. Cant believe how many jokes about a players science degree Vossy got in. "Bunson burner, beaker in his back pocket..." 
  • Options
    Was at rehearsal tonight so missed the action.
    Cook Islands 18-12 Wales.

Apparently (according to Welsh husband) Wales were winning at half time & were making a good game of it. However, they just couldn’t hold onto a more polished performance from the Cook Islanders.

If I’m honest, I thought Wales would be well beaten.
  • Options
    No fixtures today.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Friday, 21 October

Men's: Australia v Scotland (19:30 BST, BBC Two & BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra) - Coventry Arena, Coventry

Saturday, 22 October

Men's:

Fiji v Italy (14:30 BST, BBC Red Button & BBC Sport Online) - Kingston Park, Newcastle

England v France (17:00 BST, BBC Two & BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra) - University of Bolton Stadium, Bolton

New Zealand v Jamaica (19:30 BST, BBC Three) - MKM Stadium, Hull

Sunday, 23 October

Men's:

Lebanon v Ireland (14:30 BST, BBC Two) - Leigh Sports Village, Leigh

Samoa v Greece (17:00 BST, Red Button & BBC Sport Online) - Eco-Power Stadium, Doncaster

• Options
    Lebanon v Ireland game of the weekend, with a much changed England side to have a comfortable win against the French 
  • Options

Oh dear this could be three figures
  • Options

Oh dear this could be three figures
    Not entertaining in the slightest.
    Bad day all round for Scotland 😱🫣
  • Options
    Yes!
    England 42 France 18

We conceded mostly through set restarts which we will definitely need to cut out against the better teams later in the competition.

Greece next & baring a total cock up, quarter finals baby 😎

Oh & Fiji whipped Italys arse early too.
  • Options

Monday, 24 October

Men's: Tonga v Wales (19:30 BST, BBC Two & BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra) - Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens

• Options
    This tournament seems a bit of a farce, so many mismatches.

60-6
    42-8
    48-2
    84-0
    60-4
    42-18
    68-6
    72-4

Is it always like this, or have the matches been scheduled so that the 'easy' group games are out of the way early on?