Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Are we using this thread for the entire competition, or having a separate thread for each England game?

Predictions for Qatar vs Ecuador?
  • Off_it said:
    Dave2l said:
    It's coming home!

It might probably absolutely not come home but we can sing the song and enjoy football drunk nights out
    Unless you're at any of the games, of course!

The positive bud bottle opening spin for those travelling fans is they won't be £70 + down at the stadium, waiting in berr ques and recovering from the scheduled England world Cup exit hangover.

If a bottle of diet coke cost the equivalent of £5 then perhaps not so lucky 
  • Are we using this thread for the entire competition, or having a separate thread for each England game?

Well according to the rumours 1-0 Qatar. 
  • Are we using this thread for the entire competition, or having a separate thread for each England game?

Well according to the rumours 1-0 Qatar. 
    If it is 0-0 in the 90th minute, I expect an own goal!
  • The Unofficial Football World Championship is up for grabs too, Croatia take it into the tournament:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unofficial_Football_World_Championships
  • Fabrizio Romano tweeting that Benzema has suffered a potential injury problem in training today 
  • Fabrizio Romano tweeting that Benzema has suffered a potential injury problem in training today 
    They’ve already lost Nkunku. Still have Giroud tho and they won it with him before.
  • Can't say I'm over engaged with this World Cup...mainly because of the incongruity of holding it in mid-winter. But, if no one else has pointed out, there are a record 11 ex-Charlton players on show:

CANADA - Liam Millar
    ENGLAND - Nick Pope, Conor Gallagher
    POLAND - Krystian Bielik
    SERBIA - Marko Dmitrovic, Milos Veljkovic
    WALES - Chris Gunter, Tom Lockyer, Jonny Williams, Dylan Levitt, Matthew Smith

Quite astonishing really. If you'd told me at any time in the recent past we'd be lodged mid-table in the third level of UK football but still have 11 of our former players in the World Cup I wouldn't have thought it possible. 

Could have been even more as well, had Gomez made the England squad, Adam Matthews Wales, Michal Zyro Poland and Wollacott or Fosu-Henry been picked for Ghana. 
  • Can't say I'm over engaged with this World Cup...mainly because of the incongruity of holding it in mid-winter. But, if no one else has pointed out, there are a record 11 ex-Charlton players on show:

CANADA - Liam Millar
    POLAND - Krystian Bielik

Quite astonishing really. If you'd told me at any time in the recent past we'd be lodged mid-table in the third level of UK football but still have 11 of our former players in the World Cup I wouldn't have thought it possible. 

Could have been even more as well, had Gomez made the England squad, Adam Matthews Wales, Michal Zyro Poland and Wollacott or Fosu-Henry been picked for Ghana. 
    ECUADOR: Jeremy Sarmiento
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Are we using this thread for the entire competition, or having a separate thread for each England game?

The Ecuador team will be turning up to the stadium with nice watches

The Ecuador team will be turning up to the stadium with nice watches
    And leaving with two!

CANADA - Liam Millar
    POLAND - Krystian Bielik

ECUADOR: Jeremy Sarmiento
    Wow. 12!
  • edited November 2022
    I suspect the ludicrous press conference from Infantino today suggests that nations taking a stand is actually having an effect. I would hope they redouble their efforts to embarass and undermine Qatar.

I say separate threads for each England game but all other games on here
  • Or have 8 threads, one for each group ? 
  • Enjoyed watching Mike Basset England manager (available on prime)

Mike is Sam Alladyce...with Russel Slades CV, and a Steve mclaren personality rolled into one.

It's unusual, but the modern era is very different to the golden early mid 00s generation. 

In the old days,  we had a giant bag of knobheads, but they did at least have recognisable and memorable personalities.

The new fresh squad all mostly seem normal, respectful, young and professional. It's a good thing but it's just not what we're used to. 

The front pages always used to feature becks, Terry, Rio, Rooney and probably another twat, always making off field mistakes. 

Kane scores goals but he's not a clumsy careless egomaniac ruining his life. What's the world coming to? 
  • I won't let Blatter, Platini, Infantino, bin Hamad, bin Khalifa, or anyone else spoil my football. Come on tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    ballon d'or winning Benzema is out apparently... i guess when they said it was about the best... dont matter though does it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63691796

fuck you FIFA you money grabbers

Realistically this is the only chance for Qatar to get anything out of their group stage, Senegal & Netherlands will be too strong. 10 years of preparation geared towards this match, i hope they get something out of it.

My prediction Qatar 2-0 Ecuador
  • ballon d'or winning Benzema is out apparently... i guess when they said it was about the best... dont matter though does it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63691796

fuck you FIFA you money grabbers
    I don't see how you can blame FIFA for injuries. Did he have to help finish building a stadium?
  • edited November 2022
    Edit* Come on Ecuadraw 0-0 the bet then

Realistically this is the only chance for Qatar to get anything out of their group stage, Senegal & Netherlands will be too strong. 10 years of preparation geared towards this match, i hope they get something out of it.

I doubt that there will be two goals.

In their last ten games Equador have scored one and let in none!
  • Edit* Come on Ecuadraw 0-0 the bet then
    Yep, 0-0 is my prediction too. 
  • I personally hope Ecuador thrash them and they then get thrashed in the other 2 games.
  • Perhaps Charlton could loan in a Qatar goal scorer.

Sandgaard: Go an get the Qatar (loanee and get him a work permit )

I doubt that there will be two goals.

In their last ten games Equador have scored one and let in none!
    Nine 0-0 draws in ten games? 
  • edited November 2022
    It’ll be one nil Ecuador today.

Or 1-1 with a dodgy penalty or some such. :-)