Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Leuth said:
    aliwibble said:
    Leuth said:
    Spent £250 and counting on this. Still, the girlfriend got a good nap on my shoulder at least 
    You dragged your girlfriend to Lincoln away? That's impressive devotion on her part. I do hope you're planning to make it up to her later.
    As I type we are sitting in Browns for the second time today, so....maybe?
    You're getting her to earn a few quid to cover the cost of the train? Nice work.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cloudworm said:
    Torn between not giving a shit and being really angry. Going with the former. Who really cares if we go down? Can't be much worse that this. Just have to cut our cloth accordingly. Was always going to happen once you let a premier league shaped wolf into the chicken coop. And will never get back to how it was. Get used to it and try and enjoy it. We're 3rd/4th tier, soon to be semi-pro....so what? What you going to do switch Club's?
    Not a chance!

For those frustrated about our predicament, consider this. My local team, Kettering Town, haven't had it so good either. I drove post their ancestral home earlier today, Rockingham Road, finally being built on a full ten years after they left. They're now playing at their third ground since. Went into administration in 2012 and we're relegated two divisions as a result. Relegated again the following season to wind up in tier eight. Back to tier six now though (£15 to stand)

They ought to be a conference team on traditional support base, but haven't been for more than a decade now. But, do I hear fans of the Poppies moaning about their misfortunes? Too bloody right I do 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    I don't understand why JFC is not on the bench. If it is to do with his contract, which we opted to extend, it is outrageous and dare I say it unprofessional. If it isn't, why would we not explore what a midfielder who knows where the goal is might bring?
    Garner said it had nothing to do with his contract. But then again, managers have been known to tell the odd fib or two. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    ross1 said:
    Did Leaburn shot go over the line or not?
    Looks ike it. 
  • Options
    The game was awful. We are awful. Zero creativity in the way we are being set up to play. Another game where we just didn’t test their goalkeeper. Players like Kirk and Rak-Sakyi are being starved of any creativity. It’s a very sad state of affairs. In my opinion Garner’s approach seems to be right out of the coaching manuals with very little leeway given to allow the players to express their natural skills and abilities which they’ve grown up with. For example, numerous times today I noticed players being reluctant to overlap on the wings to receive a pass or through ball so a promising moved fizzled out with a sideways or backwards pass. Where’s the flair gone! For me it’s really frustrating. 
  • Options
    I remember Chris Powell would say it was important he let the players express themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Wtf is the point is wasting more money, sacking another manager that you've not backed... just not going to happen. 
    Don't count on it not happening, the only thing for certain is that Sandgaard will not accept blame.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The truth is we don't know and if we don't know, we can't blame the officials for not knowing. If I had to make a call and my life depended on it I would say it went over but if I was the ref I would have to be 100% so couldn't give it. There was a comment that there was a penalty for the foul on Stockley. Indeed it was a clear foul but the decision was that he was offside which I think he was. 
    He was onside. Kirk was offside but wasn’t interfering at that point. 
    Leaburn was also dragged down on the edge of the box. There was also a probable handball. 
  • Options
    Have spent the whole week bemoaning the antics of the RMT, Aslef, etc, whilst exploring every avenue possible untl the very last minute to get there. In hindsight, they've done me a favour, much more of that and I may join. Garner seems OK and IMHO has been convinced by a very good salesman with plenty of style, but ultimately no substance. Today has proven that, youngsters on long term contracts, recruitment by committee which now seems disparate - either lads Garner knew of that had to plug holes, or the 2 loans which seem more Gallen like, with Mini-Me interfering to make sure we play "the exciting brand (sic) of football we want to see." However it is a results business and can see yet another departure, which means another pay off and Leaburn and Burstow reacquainted in Chelsea's U21s to cover it. If TS were to at least put his hands up and admit he has got it wrong it would be something but highly unlikely. Tuesday and Monday are now make or break all round - and it's only October. 
    Arbitrary political opinion shoehorned into football thread awards winner for October.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ross1 said:
    The truth is we don't know and if we don't know, we can't blame the officials for not knowing. If I had to make a call and my life depended on it I would say it went over but if I was the ref I would have to be 100% so couldn't give it. There was a comment that there was a penalty for the foul on Stockley. Indeed it was a clear foul but the decision was that he was offside which I think he was. 
    Leaburn was also dragged down on the edge of the box. There was also a probable handball. 
    And out of all that, what did the ref give?
  • Options
    No political opinion at all, just frustrating having booked a train ticket in August and throwing in a bit of gallows humour. Then adding my views that things aren't all well with CAFC at present. That's all. 
  • Options
    Said back at start of the season we would do nothing and was ridiculed for it saying we had a poor transfer window, we are in serious danger of sliding down to league 2 and it will only end one way. Still don’t think sangaard had bad intentions just no where near enough money to run as a proper club 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ross1 said:
    Think you are clutching at straws mate.
  • Options
    Just what has Garner done right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise, we aren't even bang average now in league 1. If we're not careful League Two beckons.

As per usual TS will now be looking for a scapegoat. I reckon Garner will be gone before the end of October. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    Kips said:
     all agree Charlton Athletic are magic
         I think that TS thinks our new young manager   
         Garner is a fucking Magician and can mate this pile of unmatched and unbalanced shite take us to the premier league 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    wake up TS and get real OR get out !!!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    That was like watching back to back episodes of Miranda.
    I think I can better that comparison, bear with…..
    That was, what I call, rubbish 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Not understanding all the euphoria about a clean sheet making it sound as if our defence is top six standard.

Lincolns attack was as powder puff as ours, hardly a test.
  • Options
    Grimsby
    Crewe 
    Tranmere
    Walsall
    Charlton

An there isn’t an odd one out. This is our destiny…….

How can our caped hero TS, turn into the sword of doom, that takes us to complete obscurity… 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    2 wins in 12 league games.
    8 league games since a win.
    Only 15 goals scored in those 12 games.
    Only 2 clean sheets kept in those 12 games.
    2 points above the relegation zone.
    One shot on target.

In League One. IN LEAGUE FUCKING ONE!!!

There are no positives to be found in this bollocks. 
    15 goals in 12 games with 5 (a third) coming in just 1 game. So 10 goals in 11 games. 

And this is from a manager who plays attractive attacking football. 

But then again we did all ask where the goals were going to come from. We lost 2 attacking players and didnt recruit any & most if the midfield were here last season. The only worthy addition to the attacking side if things has been JRS. 

And people wonder why we are struggling. I wont say I told you so......

Actually I will. Perhaps in future people might listen when a few of us say before the season starts that we haven't strengthend enough. 
    Genius at work. 
    He's the lone crusader... The voice of wisdom...he sees things the rest of us can't... everyone's against him yet he's the steadfast truth ...  The beacon of light ... 
  • Options
    In his post match, Garner says he thought our defence were excellent. They really weren't Ben. They were lucky. Lucky that Lincoln were shite up front.
    I think he may be a League 2 standard manager, who, if he stays with us, may well be back at that level next season.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    shine166 said:
    Wtf is the point is wasting more money, sacking another manager that you've not backed... just not going to happen. 
    Don't count on it not happening, the only thing for certain is that Sandgaard will not accept blame.
    I've been thinking for some time and J Sandguard's  tweets have reinforced that view, that it won't be long before he starts blaming the fans