Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022

edited October 2022 in General Charlton
A clean sheet, but still only a point. @Lookout, feel free to update this with a more detailed summary :)
Thoughts everyone?

Comments

• Options
    Spent £250 and counting on this. Still, the girlfriend got a good nap on my shoulder at least 
  • Options
    Kept a clean sheet otherwise the less said the better.

Lincoln the most similar side to us I’ve seen this season so no surprise it’s ended goalless.
  • Options
    Well I thought we looked more like a team today, albeit a team with no threat. 
  • Options
    Yay. We’re easily as good as Lincoln!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner has to be on very thin ice now. 2 wins from 12 and only 13 points accumulated is dire stuff. He isn't completely to blame of course but all managers live and die by results and this simply isn't good enough.

• Options
    "Fun" fact, there was 2 0-0 draws in the entire football league, plus the national league, and the national league north and south plus the whole of Scotland today. 

At least at West Brom there was 20 shots in the game... 

• Options
    Two poor sides faced off in a spectacle of mid-third-tier-football this afternoon, which produced nothing of real note besides a phantom Miles Leaburn goal that was adjudged not to have crossed the line. But who knows, because the referee got clattered  just over the halfway line and had to go off? The linesman was within distance, but he couldn’t be sure based on the angle. Hey-ho. A new referee came on and tried to pick up the pieces.

Absolutely nothing else of note happened. Like two grand master chess champions on ketamine, the two possession-hungry sides cancelled each out. Ben Garner failed to engineer a way through again, taking off Dobson for MacGrandles, and Sessignon for Clare, with ten minutes to go, then taking off Kirk for CBT a little after, and giving two and a half minutes to lil’ Payne to try and force a breakthrough. We picked up a point, but it really wasn’t enough. Lincoln were there for the taking, had we tested their error-prone keeper more we may have come away with all three points.

The last fifteen minutes were hapless for both sides. 

At least we kept a clean sheet.

Lincoln 0 Charlton 0

Over to you.
  • Options
    My post match comments remain the same as my pre match and match thread comments...
  • Options
    Bloody grim.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sh@t…embarrassing 
  • Options
    That was like watching back to back episodes of Miranda.
    I think I can better that comparison, bear with…..
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Two poor sides faced off in a spectacle of mid-third-tier-football this afternoon, which produced nothing of real note besides a phantom Miles Leaburn goal that was adjudged not to have crossed the line. But who knows, because the referee got clattered  just over the halfway line and had to go off? The linesman was within distance, but he couldn’t be sure based on the angle. Hey-ho. A new referee came on and tried to pick up the pieces.

Absolutely nothing else of note happened. Like two grand master chess champions on ketamine, the two possession-hungry sides cancelled each out. Ben Garner failed to engineer a way through again, taking off Dobson for MacGrandles, and Sessignon for Clare, with ten minutes to go, then taking off Kirk for CBT a little after, and giving two and a half minutes to lil’ Payne to try and force a breakthrough. We picked up a point, but it really wasn’t enough. Lincoln were there for the taking, had we tested their error-prone keeper more we may have come away with all three points.

Lincoln 0 Charlton 0

Over to you.
    WTF is going on tonight with the Post Match Thread (Dont think I havent seen it) - Clearly zero communication between any of you Mods - Are you looking to emulate the Charlton First Team, because if you are, you're doing a great job!!
    Can’t get the staff these days par for the course 😉.
  • Options
    Poor game overall. Neither side looked like they wanted to win. been convinced wed stay up all season, but our inability to turn draws into wins is starting to concern me.

Random thought - CBT is a talented player on his day, but he looks like he's completely given up. Can't see him playing too many more games for us
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    LoOkOuT said:

Lincoln 0 Charlton 0

Over to you.
    WTF is going on tonight with the Post Match Thread (Dont think I havent seen it) - Clearly zero communication between any of you Mods - Are you looking to emulate the Charlton First Team, because if you are, you're doing a great job!!
    Can’t get the staff these days par for the course 😉.
    Clearly not... Aliwibble doing a great job as usual - Only to get needless interference from Senior Staff

Sounds familiar!! ;) 
  • Options
    I spent much of the game thinking it was time for Rak-Sakyi to have a rest. And I still think he needs a game or two out of the team. 

I wanted Blackett-Taylor to come on. But eff me he was absolutely hopeless when he came on.

Does he not care or is he just useless?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    18th in the league is a shambles. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Not good enough and this season is clearly a write off. I don’t think we will go down but it’s not off the table. TS needs to invest in the team in January or sell the club because this isn’t working at all.
  • Options
    We really are going nowhere as a club, we’ve made no progress under TS and are probably going backwards. No idea how he turns this around. We have average players across the pitch.