Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Landline Phone

2»

Comments

• Options
    I still have a landline phone which predates my mobile. I never phone out from it, and it mainly gets used when my parents call me.

A proper telephone handset is actually more comfortable than a mobile phone for long conversations, far more ergonomically shaped to hold.
  • Options
    I didn't know that. I hardly use ours except receiving calls from a few old people who don't use mobiles. Not sure what the'll do. 
    Most businessess/hospitals have landlines. So what is the plan there? Not received much publicity or am I reading too much into this? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I didn't know that. I hardly use ours except receiving calls from a few old people who don't use mobiles. Not sure what the'll do. 
    Most businessess/hospitals have landlines. So what is the plan there? Not received much publicity or am I reading too much into this? 
    People will still be able to have a landline, it will just be VoIP - what that means of course if in a power cut or if your internet goes down the phone won't work. Power cut is no different for most people now as most will have powered portable phones anyway.
  • Options
    No problem with having Voip.

But I do like to have a "family phone" so you can just call home and speak to whoever is there at the time.
  • Options
    I still have a landline phone which predates my mobile. I never phone out from it, and it mainly gets used when my parents call me.

A proper telephone handset is actually more comfortable than a mobile phone for long conversations, far more ergonomically shaped to hold.
    Get yourself a Popsocket kf……….a very useful little gadget I’ve found.
  • Options
    My landline handset has a better speaker system than my mobile telephone.
  • Options
    I cancelled my broadband contract a while back and said I wanted to keep the landline - it wasn't possible as apparently you can't just have a landline with that provider. So, no landline for me. The only calls we got were from 2 elderly friends and people wanting to speak to the previous owners.
  • Options
    No problem with having Voip.

But I do like to have a "family phone" so you can just call home and speak to whoever is there at the time.
    Family WattsApp group. Sorted.