Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apathy

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking the other day how few comments there were on here this week regarding the team, upcoming games etc. To be at end September and realise the season is effectively over almost before it has started is just depressing. I will watch via VPN but even if I lived within 10 miles of The Valley I wouldn’t make the effort to attend matches in person. I salute those who do and even more so those travel to away games to places like Barnsley with little prospect of a decent result.
  • Options
    Call me mad but I’m still confident it’s going to click. We’re going to do another team 5-0 or 5-1 soon. Could be tomorrow, could be next month.
    Yep…… then go collect 4 points from the following 6 games
  • Options
    I was thinking the other day how few comments there were on here this week regarding the team, upcoming games etc. To be at end September and realise the season is effectively over almost before it has started is just depressing. I will watch via VPN but even if I lived within 10 miles of The Valley I wouldn’t make the effort to attend matches in person. I salute those who do and even more so those travel to away games to places like Barnsley with little prospect of a decent result.
    That was what triggered this thread. Less than 2 days before the game, and nobody was discussing the team, who would be back, formations etc
  • Options
    What date is the playoff final?
  • Options
    A day before we play Oxford, and nobody is talking about the game. It's quite extraordinary that we're only at the end of September, and interest in the team has collapsed to such a low point already, as if it was mid April and we were playing out our final games, stuck in mid table.

Not a criticism of others I hasten to add, as I feel the same way. I have a stinking cold, so combined with the train hassle tomorrow, I'm dubious about making the effort to actually go.
    This is how a club dies. Real fans losing interest. 
  • Options
    It is sad when I have to admit that my interest is more in the evolving soap opera than the football.