Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Apathy

A day before we play Oxford, and nobody is talking about the game. It's quite extraordinary that we're only at the end of September, and interest in the team has collapsed to such a low point already, as if it was mid April and we were playing out our final games, stuck in mid table.

Not a criticism of others I hasten to add, as I feel the same way. I have a stinking cold, so combined with the train hassle tomorrow, I'm dubious about making the effort to actually go.

Comments

• Can’t be bothered to comment
  • edited September 2022
    It is like being invited to relatives you don't like. Yes a stinking cold is a decent excuse.
  • I reckon ....... nah ....... fuck it.
  • Don't have the energy to be apathetic.
  • Whats to look forward to. I felt closer to this club and  the team when we were shit in the seventies. I still go now with the same mates( some on here) and it’s mainly for the meet and the drink and the fact we’re still alive. I pity the youngsters who’ve got years supporting more dross. I’ve probably got about 20 if I’m lucky(or unlucky) which ever way you look at it.
    So fast forward to 5pm tomorrow do we really think we’ll be praising Stockley for having a great game or the fact he won a header in the 85th minute. Don’t think so. 
  • Couldn’t be bothered to read it. What did he say?
  • Sponsored links:

• apathy aint what it was .. for my part I need no excuse to say .. yawn .. fuck em all
  • A cynic might think that successive custodians of this club have made it their sole ambition to split and ultimately destroy this fan base. No idea why.
    :⁠,⁠-⁠)
  • Group Think.
    Discuss.
  • Don't have the energy to be apathetic.
    Wise move. Energy will cost more from tomorrow.

• Never felt more dislocated from the club I have loved for most of my life.
  • boggzy said:

"Laydeesh and Schentlemen, I am pleeshed to announce our new shtriker, with one of the hardesht shots in world football ....."
  • I’ve just booked flights for December.
    Am I mad? 

Hell yeah 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
  • The museum will be open from 11am , that's something to get excited about  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    try doing the player marks - quite apathetic

I reckon I need a few promotes to drive away the apathy
  • I’ve just booked flights for December.
    Am I mad? 

Hell yeah 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
    If the flights are to Las Vegas or somewhere similar you're probably alright😀
  • MrLargo said:
    Bought a season ticket on the basis that Jackson would be in charge and that we'd be spending the summer putting together a side that would challenge for promotion.

Been to one home game so far. Can't be bothered with it anymore. Now had a decade where the main story is about the ownership rather than what's happening on the pitch. Don't enjoy feeling like this, and really want to feel engaged with it again but I've had enough of seeing good members of staff getting sacked while the latest inept owner makes one absurd decision after another. Soccer Saturday for me tomorrow.
    Acab said:
    Whats to look forward to. I felt closer to this club and  the team when we were shit in the seventies. I still go now with the same mates( some on here) and it’s mainly for the meet and the drink and the fact we’re still alive. I pity the youngsters who’ve got years supporting more dross. I’ve probably got about 20 if I’m lucky(or unlucky) which ever way you look at it.
    So fast forward to 5pm tomorrow do we really think we’ll be praising Stockley for having a great game or the fact he won a header in the 85th minute. Don’t think so. 
    Exactly  how I feel...
  • edited September 2022
    I think its brilliant at the moment. No longer do I feel the need to drive on congested roads, with the forlorn hope of finding a parking space within walking distance of the ground, without gambling on being clamped or towed away.

No more sitting in the cold, windy rain, drinking luke warm overpriced shite coffee, wearing exorbitant nylon tatt, whilst regretting the purchase of indigestible burgers and hot dogs, Regretting how much you have paid to watch such piss poor players who you don't care a damn about, vaguely wandering around barely bothered, and waiting for the inevitable loss to opponents only marginally less feeble. Then finally trudging out whilst the lamentable dirge "Addicks to victory" assaults your ears. Previously despite this I would eventually feel the pull to return for the next home game. Not now.

My urge to go to watch Charlton (which was often the highlight of the week) finally broken after about 40 years.

• I used to be apathetic but now I just can’t be bothered. 
  • I remember when i just couldn’t understand why anybody would go on holiday during the football season.

Hola de España!
  • so far so far I have used my season ticket zero times and tomorrow I plan to go and select some tiles for the bathroom and watch some paint dry
  • Hal1x said:
    I think its brilliant at the moment. No longer do I feel the need to drive on congested roads, with the forlorn hope of finding a parking space within walking distance of the ground, without gambling on being clamped or towed away.

No more sitting in the cold, windy rain, drinking luke warm overpriced shite coffee, wearing exorbitant nylon tatt, whilst regretting the purchase of indigestible burgers and hot dogs, Regretting how much you have paid to watch such piss poor players who you don't care a damn about, vaguely wandering around barely bothered, and waiting for the inevitable loss to opponents only marginally less feeble. Then finally trudging out whilst the lamentable dirge "Addicks to victory" assaults your ears. Previously despite this I would eventually feel the pull to return for the next home game. Not now.

My urge to go to watch Charlton (which was often the highlight of the week) finally broken after about 40 years.

https://youtu.be/IgbPHTBiAVQ
  • Call me mad but I’m still confident it’s going to click. We’re going to do another team 5-0 or 5-1 soon. Could be tomorrow, could be next month.
  • Call me mad but I’m still confident it’s going to click. We’re going to do another team 5-0 or 5-1 soon. Could be tomorrow, could be next month.
    I hope you're correct because we haven't scored more than one goal against 11 men in a game since the opening day of the season and it would, somewhat, buck the trend