Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Match Preview | Tuesday 13 September 2022

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Hate matches like this. Empty away end and a bare home crowd. Get us out of this league ASAP

2-0 Charlton
    Tbf the way a lot of people have been going on about paying their respects to the Queen at football I'd of thought it would be a full house tomorrow.
    Plenty of other ways now, missed moment  as is generally recognised.
  • Options
    No league win since we battered Plymouth and looked like world-beaters is concerning, would still hope we will beat Forest Green Rovers but who knows.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Home win .. try Thomas at left back where Clayden is pretty ordinary and that is being VERY kind
    I'd like to see a 4 4 2 with Raki pulled back to right wing, Blackett-T on the left and Leaburn alongside Stockley .. this will not happen of course
    FGR have made a poor start to the season under a new manager and have lost a couple of the better players from last season

I was thinking of coming down by train for this one, staying overnight in Greenwich Travelodge .. the  problem is Tuesday night in a 'cheap' hotel in the area would cost me a minimum of £125, maximum £192 ..  Greenwich High Street is fully booked, must be the FGR army come to town .. so. I will be online from N E Lincs

CAFC 2 v Forest Green Rovers 0
    He's in his sixties but might still give Stockley a race over 100 yards....
    If there was a buyer for the club at the other end of the pitch he’d leave him for dust!
  • Options
    I expect us to win, but there is a little bit of pressure on the team tomorrow.

We really need to win to stop the run of games without a win becoming a worrying one. Lose and we'll be nearer the bottom 4 than the top 3, with FGR overtaking us, and putting real pressure on the next 2 away games at Fleetwood and Barnsley.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win. 3-1 or 3-0.
  • Options
    0-3 because the fans underestimated the opponent (or 1-0 because Garner didn't)
  • Options
    Bolton was a reality check. 
    Convincing win required. Nothing less.
  • Options
    John Busby did not officiate at either of our Accrington games in that season nor the next season nor this season
    He definitely did. He was a late replacement for the sky game when we lost 2-0 on the Friday night in January 2021. 

And did the Forest Green game we lost in the cup on penalties as well. Championship referee now. 
    Thank you for saying it for me.

Means statbank must be wrong as well…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It`s the hope that kills you as a Charlton fan.

If we are nowhere at Christmas and again being served up regular disappointing performances, like last season, I will seriously consider giving up my sport and change it for lesbian mud-wrestling. 
  • Options

If we are nowhere at Christmas and again being served up regular disappointing performances, like last season, I will seriously consider giving up my sport and change it for lesbian mud-wrestling. 
    Where is it on? Asking for a friend
  • Options
    An emphatic win puts a spring back in our step 4-0 JRS, Fraser, Stockley (Pen) and Chuks 
  • Options
    2-0 dull fixture but important result 
  • Options
    We do well at home against teams wearing Green, 5-1 
  • Options
    Definitely has the potential to be our lowest league attendance for years. Mid week, poorly supported away side, on Charlton TV, country in mourning, tickets over priced & due to piss down with rain.

Other than that, I reckon it will be quality & we’ll win 2-1. Big Chuks in the last minute.

Don't forget Greenwich Council and the London Mayor's ongoing war against private transport.
    Do you perhaps mean their ongoing attempt to stop unnecessary deaths caused by air pollution?
    The motor car is legal vehicle.....or it was last time I looked. 
  • Options
    A must win ~ 1-0 to FGR! 
  • Options
    But seriously ~ if everyone turns up (not just the fans) we should put this to bed in the first 45. Brace from Morgan and a Raki-saki tap-in. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JW

Clare, Innis/ Thomas, O’Connell, Claydon

Morgan, Dobson, Fraser (Payne if RF is unavailable) 

JRS, CBT, DJ. 

Plenty of pace , gives the midfield a lot more options .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Scott Fraser as a new father.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scott Fraser and his partner had a baby today (Monday). Huge congratulations to them. Suspect he'll miss out on the game tomorrow.

Reminds me of this. https://youtu.be/fQz77eeOK-4
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    There must be a way to stop the illegal streaming - it’s gonna kill football - can’t be that difficult for the clubs to get together and stop it surely ? The cameras are at their grounds and so are the cables - a bit basic o know but surely they can dictate where the pictures end up ???
    If Sky can’t stop it, what chance do league one football teams have?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    There must be a way to stop the illegal streaming - it’s gonna kill football - can’t be that difficult for the clubs to get together and stop it surely ? The cameras are at their grounds and so are the cables - a bit basic o know but surely they can dictate where the pictures end up ???
    If Sky can’t stop it, what chance do league one football teams have?
    A restructuring of what games are televised and when is probably the only way - if the cameras aren’t on there is no stream - I guess sky etc will only care once the prem stadiums start emptying - shame but can only see us  ending up as a world of armchair fans 
  • Options
    Wishing the lads all the best. Can’t be there as I’m just out of hospital and don’t feel up to going so will be watching on Charlton TV. As Seth would say, a must win game. COYA 
  • Options

How long have you been "out"?  How do you get the mud out of your trainers?
  • Options

How long have you been "out"?  How do you get the mud out of your trainers?
    No problem. I take them off before I step into the pit.
  • Options

Where is it on? Asking for a friend
    I`ll tell you at Christmas so you can inform your friend.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!