Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 2 2022/23

13»

Comments

• Options
    Very hard to call the L2 playoffs - 4 pretty evenly matched teams.
    Stockport would be the favourites I'm sure. They started the season slowly, so their form over the last 30 odd games will easily be the best of the 4 sides.
  • Options
    Stockport v Salford. 2 local derbies there in the semi's.

As recently as 5 years ago it was a National league north fixture. Now one of them could be playing us next season.
  • Options
    Mansfield win 2-0 and salford lose at home to Gills 0-1. is that enough for Mansfield?... apparently not according to BBC table... wish they wouldn't do those live tables during the 90 mins.. bloody confusing.
    Nope... Mansfield missed out on the Play-Offs by a single goal
    2 goals according to Sky.
  • Options
    Mansfield win 2-0 and salford lose at home to Gills 0-1. is that enough for Mansfield?... apparently not according to BBC table... wish they wouldn't do those live tables during the 90 mins.. bloody confusing.
    1 goal according to both the Sky sources I've seen ie Sky TV & Sky website.
  • Options
    1 goal according to both the Sky sources I've seen ie Sky TV & Sky website.
    My sky sports app on my iPhone 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    It was one goal.

Mansfield scored in the 97th minute and won 2-0. GD of +17 to Salford's +18
  • Options
    Likes of Flashscores are the most reliable when it comes to scores / standings

Find the BBC extremely slow in updating anything

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/league-two/standings/#/U31lbdQe/table/overall
  • Options

As recently as 5 years ago it was a National league north fixture. Now one of them could be playing us next season.
    Stockport though have far more football pedigree. In the late 90s and early 2000s they were in what's now the Championship.
  • Options

Stockport though have far more football pedigree. In the late 90s and early 2000s they were in what's now the Championship.
    Remember leaving their ground in early '98 after them beating us, I think 3-0. If you had said to me then, don't worry we'll be the the premiership the next season, I would have been looking for the men in white coats.
  • Options

Remember leaving their ground in early '98 after them beating us, I think 3-0. If you had said to me then, don't worry we'll be the the premiership the next season, I would have been looking for the men in white coats.
    I left at 2 0, went back to the pub and got smashed waiting for my mates 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some closer away days next season for us - Orient, Reading, Northampton, Stevenage + maybe Bradford, which whilst further away, a ground I have always liked going to - AND Cambridge stayed up, shite ground, but great away day pub wise 
  • Options
    Speaking to my youngest yesterday who lives in Reading, he says you just get off the Liz line at Reading and there is a direct train straight to the ground. New station at the ground now.
  • Options
    Speaking to my youngest yesterday who lives in Reading, he says you just get off the Liz line at Reading and there is a direct train straight to the ground. New station at the ground now.
    It's not open yet, but should be very soon
  • Options

Stockport were the only side to beat us in a league game at the valley in the 97/98 season
  • Options

Stockport were the only side to beat us in a league game at the valley in the 97/98 season
    2 Andy Hunt hatricks against them soon put that right.
  • Options
    Probably want to avoid Stockport being promoted from a footballing perspective. League 2 favourites at start of the season and comfortably beat us in the cup. If I had to bet on who would finish highest out of the 4 teams in league 1 next season I would choose them. 

Think Carlisle and Salford would more likely to be bottom half sides than the other two. 
  • Options
    I can't see any of the promoted L2 sides being the whipping boys FGR were this season. Losing their manager and key players made this season a bit of a painful one for them, by far the worst side in any EFL division.

• Options
    Stockport is at least a direct train from London. Would like them or Bradford back up.