Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    18 goals so far this season, in the league?
    Yup, Kane with 10 is closest.
  • Options
    How is it less than a third?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Only 12 games have been played so far this season.

38 games in total 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    18 goals so far this season, in the league?

It's already equalled Michael Owen 18 goals golden boot in 1998.

Less than a 3rd into the season.

He surely must break the record 
    City will walk the title as well as Haaland breaking multiple records.
    Assuming he makes 40 appearances.

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

38 games in total 
    Surely it should be based on how many games City have played though?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

38 games in total 

Well, just about more or less a 3rd....but either way, it is a signal that he will surpass a lot of previous golden boot winners and he will do it very early
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

38 games in total 

Well, just about more or less a 3rd....but either way, it is a signal that he will surpass a lot of previous golden boot winners and he will do it very early
    It’s more.
  • Options
    He's obviously come back with a software upgrade.  This will be a record breaking era for the Premiershite no doubt.
  • Options
    He's obviously come back with a software upgrade.  This will be a record breaking era for the Premiershite no doubt.

After the world Cup when some players may be emotionally drained, still celebrating and or exhausted, he will likely catch opposition off guard and score an increase of goals 
  • Options
    Thats not generous, thats robbery!!
    There was contact though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Dave2l said:
    JaShea99 said:

38 games in total 

It’s more.
    By what, 0.34 of a game? Doesn’t really change the point being made. 
  • Options
    Who said it did?
  • Options
    Is this the right room for a argument?
  • Options
    Haaland strikes again. Wins the Lingfield 2.23 at 5/1
  • Options
    was throwing his toys out the pram v Everton .. obviously a top top goal scorer but doesn't appear to relish the inevitable close marking and bruising that comes with the job .. well Erling me old duck, get used to it and the more you show how much you are troubled by close marking, the more you will attract it .. don't believe all the hype and adoration being blown your way .. several Cittteee fans have phoned in expressing fears that Haaland's presence is destroying Citteees long established pattern of play, especially as it seems Pip has reverted to his penchant for selecting odd looking teams and tactics

Citteee are not quite the team they were and the younger, faster sides are hot on their tail
  • Options
    Hoping Martinez kicks him up in the air in the derby next weekend.
  • Options
    Rewriting the record books. 6 hat tricks in a season, 42 goals so far. How many is he going end up on considering City could play another 18 games?

I also love the idiots on twitter who say 'yeah but he only scores tap ins' as though it's easy to score 42 goals by March! 

Here are the highest goal totals for a season by some of the Premier league greats.

Henry 39
    Shearer 37
    Ronaldo 42
    Suarez 31
    Aguero 33
    Rooney 34
    Kane 41

Only Salah and van Nistelrooy who both got 44 have more than Haaland.
  • Options
    I also saw a stat that in his last 171 games (for Salzburg, Dortmund, City & Norway) he's got 177 goals!
  • Options
    I remember when I first started watching football on a regular basis that Kerry Dixon would often get his name mentioned as a top striker as he had a one in two strike rate, now the likes of Haaland have almost a goal a game ratio. 

The mad thing is he went through what for him was a slight lean spell as teams had started sitting deeper due to the nature of his goals but City have soon realised how to deal with that and he’s back scoring again. 

The fact that if he were to get injured City’s backup is a World Cup winner in Alvarez is disturbing to others. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rewriting the record books. 6 hat tricks in a season, 42 goals so far. How many is he going end up on considering City could play another 18 games?

I also love the idiots on twitter who say 'yeah but he only scores tap ins' as though it's easy to score 42 goals by March! 

Here are the highest goal totals for a season by some of the Premier league greats.

Henry 39
    Shearer 37
    Ronaldo 42
    Suarez 31
    Aguero 33
    Rooney 34
    Kane 41

I don't remember the likes of Shearer, Henry and RVN being substituted so early so often either.  Haaland scored 8 goals in his last two games and only played 63 minutes in both.

He probably "missed" a full appearance worth of game time so he could have got 12! 
  • Options
    There for the grace of God go Bonne and Stockley, what might of been eh?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Henry 39
    Shearer 37
    Ronaldo 42
    Suarez 31
    Aguero 33
    Rooney 34
    Kane 41

It’s also not an accident that he always  is there to tap it in when he scores those goals.
  • Options
    The first goal last night was seemingly simple but a thing of such quality.
  • Options
    He could end up trophyless still 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    JaShea99 said:

Henry 39
    Shearer 37
    Ronaldo 42
    Suarez 31
    Aguero 33
    Rooney 34
    Kane 41

It’s also not an accident that he always  is there to tap it in when he scores those goals.
    About 30 years ago one of the big modules in the FA coaching was "POMO", when it was still based on Charlie Hughes theory.  That goal that he scored after it hit the post yesterday was an absolute textbook example.

I am convinced that neither English academy system nor Clairefontaine would have produced such a "pure" player.  I think he would have been over coached on what he couldn't do.

• Options
    Never been a problem for Kane.
  • Options
    Never been a problem for Kane.
    And while Conte's rant was bang out of order and with its own agenda, I 'm sure that the lack of trophies under Levy will resonate with him. His contract is up next year and if he wants to win things Spurs want anything for him then will have go this summer. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Conte wants out and is trying to get the sack - plain and simple

As for Haaland - he’s just incredible!
    six hat tricks in one season is daft.  How many years do we have to go back for the last 6 hat tricks at Charlton?
  • Options
    What did Conte say the other week?
    something like I would die for the team but I am not stupid enough to kill myself though