Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Still need more, but with only two out injured, we should make a game of it.

2-2 (Leaburn, Morgan)
  • I think we will give it a good go but despite the at times fluent passing football last week the ease which Accrington created chances should have resulted in a defeat. We looked light weight in midfield and our left back was great going forward but was caught out too often at the back.
    Derby will be lifted by their win which did surprise me as I thought they might be midtable. First goal so important but if they press our passing out game they should sneak it, 1-0 Derby.
  • iaitch said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Wollacott gonna get himself a back injury from frequently bending to pick the ball out the net
    Weather should be OK
    All that guff from the club about 'get here early cos it's gonna be busy' gonna look really silly - off the train at 14:39 easy make seat Curbside for K.O.
    They haven't mentioned that only one turnstile is open.
    That's what I'm thinking. A number of the turnstiles will be closed to save money.
  • DOUCHER said:
    No idea what to expect but really looking forward to the game - a sun drenched opener at the valley - beautiful - looks like a good crowd building as well - could be the start of something great or another episode of misery - COYR !!!!!
    Sums it up perfectly.
    I genuinely can’t call it, but the sun is shining and we’re back at the valley.  I’m sure even the negative types are really looking forward to it deep down!
    Very deep down…
  • iaitch said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Wollacott gonna get himself a back injury from frequently bending to pick the ball out the net
    Weather should be OK
    All that guff from the club about 'get here early cos it's gonna be busy' gonna look really silly - off the train at 14:39 easy make seat Curbside for K.O.
    They haven't mentioned that only one turnstile is open.
    That's what I'm thinking. A number of the turnstiles will be closed to save money.
    Doing this first home game of the season is completely daft imo. If it causes disruption for supporters getting into the ground, the immediate bad taste it leaves could have a knock on effect for the day. I'd say better to open more, and scale it back as the season progresses. 
    Who at the club makes these decisions? 
  • Have I missed something.
    Have the club said some turnstiles will be closed to save money?
    As it's all electronic entry how would shutting turnstiles save money, or have I been whooshed? :/
  • An entertaining, if lacking quality, low scoring draw with neither side dominating. 

1-1
  • Head says 2-2 heart says 3-0, I’m confused!
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton win BTTS
  • 1-1 or 1-0
    a proper away following that i can only dream of
    but garnerball will have the edge 
    unfortunately/fortunately I  can’t be there sons cricket season and an early start in pub for Mrs friends birthday then a mutual friends 40th 
    I’ll be shitting on the bog later tonight boring fellow lifers with the same repetitive annoying facts about our and our local rivals recent history whether we win lose or draw .

• edited August 2022
    3-1 home win. 

Stockley, Fraser and Payne with our goals and Inniss with theirs.
  • edited August 2022
    3 - 2 Derby, I really hope I'm wrong but at this point in the season I feel like they will just about edge it.

I agree the performance is more important at this stage then the result and seeing this new identity come together. I'm willing to be patient this season because some of the football early on has been really enjoyable. Our first goal against Stanley was class. 
  • edited August 2022
    Had a quick scan over this thread and looks like a 70/30 split going for a defeat, well, I have had just about enough of this bloody negative glass half empty stuff, we are CAFC and are built of sterner stuff ffs..
    This is just the sort of game we will show some backbone and deliver the goods, nice sunny day, bumper crowd, Covered End Choir in full voice... set up nicely to get our season well on track..
    WE will win, going for a 2-0, but really couldn't care less what the score is, just score more than them,and the icing on the cake Leaburn with the winner in front of The Covered End...C'mon you Reds..🍺🍺🍺
  • Looking forward to seeing the new players - only seen a few highlight clips so far - Shame Egbo is injured, hope mgrandles starts, b good to see Leaburn and even better if he wins it for us - COYR !!
  • Going for a 3-0 win or so the head thinks. Most probably be a 2-2 draw again though. 
  • Derby fans are enjoying the sunshine and beer in Greenwich at the moment. Should be a good atmosphere.
  • 2 coaches coming up from Hastings, expect a bumper crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just looking forward to being there win lose or draw .✊
  • edited August 2022
    Enjoy it folks. I’m envious. Always enjoyed the opening home game. I’m gonna for 1-1. Two new teams finding their feet. Hopefully some grounds for optimism. 
  • Part of M3 closed off, currently on a diverted coach up from Bournemouth  sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the A3.
    Be lucky to make it for half time at this rate! 🙄
  • 3-2 or 2-1 to us.

3-2 Inniss fgs is 700/1!
  • Real jealous that I’m not there today. Fancy us to get a close win. 

3 points and some of the negativity can stop and we can look to go to Sheffield next week with some confidence.

COYR.
  • edited August 2022
    Derby fans are enjoying the sunshine and beer in Greenwich at the moment. Should be a good atmosphere.
    Underneath my bloody hotel window at the Mitre when I'm trying  to get ready for son's wedding.  Sheep snagging bastards etc etc. 

Bad enough missing the game without that lot living it large. 
  • edited August 2022
    Kirk and McGrandles in for Jaiyesimi and Dobson

Clayden on the bench instead of Gilbey 
  • Quite a bit of uproar over Dobson being dropped on twitter 
  • Kirk and McGrandles in for Jaiyesimi and Dobson

Clayden on the bench instead of Gilbey 
    Thought McGrandles would start. Not surprised at Kirk either. Think Payne might still not be fit to start otherwise would. Gilbey off hopefully.