Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Think we might sneak it, but the lack of investment worries me.    1-0 to us.
  • Options
    Hating this even earlier season start. It's still cricket season.... Can't get to a game until September! 4-0 Charlton COYR!
  • Options
    2 teams that had to rebuild in the summer. One recruited from League 1 & below, the other from The Championship & above (without spending any money on the process). Who's strategy was the wisest & who will come on top come 5pm. 

Charlton 0 Derby 2. 
    Really nice of Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, James Chester and David McGoldrick (all on massive salaries last season) playing for free.
    But we've not spent any money on fees either so that must mean we've could have brought in those players paying those wages.....or at least one or two of them ( due to financial fair play, which by those 3 words means a load of crap because how is it financially fair that a team who were in Administration can then pay Premiership like wages)
  • Options
    2-2....again.
  • Options
    Both teams to score especially with Accrington having 22 shots last Saturday and Derby will capitalise on that vulnerability at the back. 
  • Options
    Have you sought help?
  • Options
    You mean TS hasn't spent enough.  
    I can't be bothered to go and work it out but I bet there weren't more than six teams (in this division) who's squads costs more than ours on Saturday.
  • Options
    I can't see us keeping a clean sheet and worry where our goals are going to come from. 0-0.
    0-0 is a clean sheet, or was this a joke
  • Options
    This is a must win.
  • Options
    We are still a work in progress and I worry that we are not yet defensively strong and sound nor are we clinical enough up front.
    I can foresee a close and competitive game, but I expect them to have the quality and clinical edge where it matters.
    A close game, but I can still see them leaving with a flattering 0-3 scoreline.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 teams that had to rebuild in the summer. One recruited from League 1 & below, the other from The Championship & above (without spending any money on the process). Who's strategy was the wisest & who will come on top come 5pm. 

Charlton 0 Derby 2. 
    Really nice of Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, James Chester and David McGoldrick (all on massive salaries last season) playing for free.
    But we've not spent any money on fees either so that must mean we've could have brought in those players paying those wages.....or at least one or two of them ( due to financial fair play, which by those 3 words means a load of crap because how is it financially fair that a team who were in Administration can then pay Premiership like wages)
    No it doesn’t.  We just quite clearly have a smaller budget than derby this season, so comparing the fact they’ve paid no fees and we’ve paid no fees is meaningless.  
  • Options
    1-3. Will be happy if we get anything out of this game.
  • Options
    Tough one but going for 1-0 to us. 
  • Options
    0-3. Think we'll play some nice stuff in the first half again but lose our way and ultimately lack the edge required to get anything from the game.

Just hope we don't have too much negativity in the crowd towards the passing game and slow build up (I know there will be loads). We're going to have to be patient for the new style and new players to bed in so I'm not expecting much right now. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    0-3. Think we'll play some nice stuff in the first half again but lose our way and ultimately lack the edge required to get anything from the game.

Just hope we don't have too much negativity in the crowd towards the passing game and slow build up (I know there will be loads). We're going to have to be patient for the new style and new players to bed in so I'm not expecting much right now. 
    Slow build up doesn’t work though, does it ? All of the best teams play at high tempo. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Smithy said:

Slow build up doesn’t work though, does it ? All of the best teams play at high tempo. 
    It can work if you know the correct moment to pick up the pace. A lot of teams will just play the ball around side to side hoping for something to open up and I think that's what we'll be doing. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Smithy said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Smithy said:

It can work if you know the correct moment to pick up the pace. A lot of teams will just play the ball around side to side hoping for something to open up and I think that's what we'll be doing. 
    That requires good players .  I love a strong football ideology but one has to be realistic . 

Edit : I do not want to see the ball lumped up to Stockley either ! 
  • Options
    I'm more optimistic than I would be if we were playing relegation fodder who would sit 10 men behind the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2. Both sides still struggling to settle into a "team". 
  • Options
    7-6, after being 1-5 down with 27 minutes left and down to 10 men.

Attendance - 12,535.
  • Options
    I think a midweek game would have helped us. We need to impose ourselves on Derby and I think we need more from CBT and DJ.  I am getting irritated at CBT looking so good and having no end product. This needs to be sorted. DJ has to effect games more and when the ball is on the other wing he has to be a bloody striker.
  • Options
    5-0 Charlton

Sessegnon, Payne, Stockley, Stockley, Leaburn

• Options
    I really don't have a clue about the likely outcome of this, but think it may be another 2-2 draw if pushed! Looking forward to being back at The Valley and will be full of naive optimism (at least until 5.00pm)! 
  • Options
    This defense (and Garners record previously) scares the life out of me. I think we will give it a good go from an attack point of view, but will ship some silly goals unfortunately, either 2-2 again or 2-3 loss. 
  • Options
    Derby have signed and retained a lot of experienced players including an aging central defence. We got off to a decent start last week, but as I wrote elsewhere, the concession of an injury time equaliser after we took an injury time lead is inexcusable i m o, amateurish and slapdash
    This game will tell a lot about the relative merits of both teams. No prediction from me
  • Options
    given our poor defending, including how they struggle on making the transition from defense to attack and that derby have a proven goal scorer, Then i predict we will look good for 20mins but not create any chances. Then Derby feel safe at the back and step up the press and then score. So reckon it will be Charlton 0 Derby 3.