Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    We didn’t bother renewing our season tickets this season. Usually sit in the Covered end upper, but chose to sit in the the covered end lower yesterday - Block A 6 rows from the front…massive mistake, thought I was going to melt and the moaning from people 5 mins in to the game was unbearable. Ended up moving to the NW quadrant 20 mins in. 
    Haha there was that old boy in the Charlton shirt being a right dickhead. Then a group of mouthy idiots playing the hard men behind him but doing nothing. Then there was a fight in the concourse outside block A. It was the place not to be Saturday. I was on fire and 10 minutes in I moved to the very back and stood at top of aisle whole game. I moaned a lot first half as it was worse than under adkins but that 2nd half was quality. Some good lads at back of block A as well.
  • Options
    Time for a rethink on prices full stop. Make it a flat £15 for example if you buy for 2 games at a time. 

Needs to be bold needs to be different.  People are struggling with costs and things like streaming and Covid mean  people are less committed to the Saturday routine that once took them to football by default. 

Get people back in the habit. That won’t happen with penalising the floating majority fan base. 

If anything you can make an argument for the price to drop if you wait until close to kick off and you are left with unsold seats. I’m not advocating that but making the point the reverse strategy is nonsensical 
    So you want to make ticket prices cheaper than most S/Ts?
    £625, £425 and £285 S/Ts.
    23 x £15 = £345.

So best seats 23 x£15 = £345 or get a S/T for £625.
    Average seats 23 x £15 = £345 or get a S/T for £425.

If you charge a flat £15, you may only get about 2,000 S/T sales.
    I did say 'for example'. It could be £20.

My main point was if you commit to buying for 2 x consecutive matches you get them at a discount. Its a 'win win' to coin that horrible phrase  - 2 x larger home crowds because I've spent cash and will be more likely to attend and club gets revenue it would otherwise not get at all. But it has to be a meaningful discount on the price currently quoted today.

Be bold was also what I said - mucking about in the margins wont change anything.

Scrapping the penalty £3 is a 'must'. The fact it doesn't apply to cup games proves its a disincentive & not revenue enhancing.

I know people want to blame TS but be interesting to learn who else inside the club is running these numbers and making the case for or against these sort of things.

• Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many £625 season tickets were sold? It seems a crazy price to pay. If you attend all 23 home games it works out at £27.17 a game. If you miss two games it works out at £29.76 a game!

The £625 season tickets seem to be the big problem in terms of match day prices. If I was the club I would be looking at ways to massively incentivise those £625 season ticket holders in other ways. They could then lower match day prices without upsetting the £625 season ticket holders.

I think a £15 match day price is probably too low given existing season ticket prices, but £20 (£460 for 23 games) and £23 (£529) - the price away supporters pay - are not out of the question if something can be done for the £625 season tickets.

As I have said before, I think all areas of the ground should be the same price, so keep things simple and scrap zoned pricing.

The late booking supplement just must be scrapped as soon as possible! It is just crazy.
  • Options
    Does anyone know roughly how many £625 season tickets were sold? It seems a crazy price to pay. If you attend all 23 home games it works out at £27.17 a game. If you miss two games it works out at £29.76 a game!

The £625 season tickets seem to be the big problem in terms of match day prices. If I was the club I would be looking at ways to massively incentivise those £625 season ticket holders in other ways. They could then lower match day prices without upsetting the £625 season ticket holders.

I think a £15 match day price is probably too low given existing season ticket prices, but £20 (£460 for 23 games) and £23 (£529) - the price away supporters pay - are not out of the question if something can be done for the £625 season tickets.

As I have said before, I think all areas of the ground should be the same price, so keep things simple and scrap zoned pricing.

The late booking supplement just must be scrapped as soon as possible! It is just crazy.
    I agree but I tend to think if you choose to spend £34/£37 for a match ticket to sit one or two blocks along from £29/£32 that’s up to you. 

There are way too many price points overall, but the £29/£32 is the big problem as if affects everyone in the east/west stands and the Covered End upper tier and NW quad. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022

I agree but I tend to think if you choose to spend £34/£37 for a match ticket to sit one or two blocks along from £29/£32 that’s up to you. 

There are way too many price points overall, but the £29/£32 is the big problem as if affects everyone in the east/west stands and the Covered End upper tier and NW quad. 
    Exactly this 29€ for league one football in the North Upper is crazy.

I am flying over from Finland in September, I have acom and flights booked. But paying 87€ for three match tickets for a Tuesday night game against FGR is ridiculous.

I always thought 25€ was plenty 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    We didn’t bother renewing our season tickets this season. Usually sit in the Covered end upper, but chose to sit in the the covered end lower yesterday - Block A 6 rows from the front…massive mistake, thought I was going to melt and the moaning from people 5 mins in to the game was unbearable. Ended up moving to the NW quadrant 20 mins in. 
    Haha there was that old boy in the Charlton shirt being a right dickhead. Then a group of mouthy idiots playing the hard men behind him but doing nothing. Then there was a fight in the concourse outside block A. It was the place not to be Saturday. I was on fire and 10 minutes in I moved to the very back and stood at top of aisle whole game. I moaned a lot first half as it was worse than under adkins but that 2nd half was quality. Some good lads at back of block A as well.
    Yep, that’s the fella - was doing my head in. He literally started moaning after about 3 minutes. There was another bloke with him and a young kid, who was in tears when the knobheads behind started. I think I’ll be returning to the North Upper for the next game. 

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Yep, that’s the fella - was doing my head in. He literally started moaning after about 3 minutes. There was another bloke with him and a young kid, who was in tears when the knobheads behind started. I think I’ll be returning to the North Upper for the next game. 

You guys sure this was block A (east stand end of covered end). Its a quiet section. Not many good lads at the back either even if I do count myself as one ;)
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

You guys sure this was block A (east stand end of covered end). Its a quiet section. Not many good lads at the back either even if I do count myself as one ;)
    100% - took a picture from where I was sitting. 

• Options
    So last year the club was falling over itself to practically give tickets away to anyone vaguely sentient and this year, in league one, against the appalling backdrop of the current economic situation they have come up with this! 

Still I guess they have to fund all those Swindon gems 💎 from somewhere ………..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:

100% - took a picture from where I was sitting. 

• Options
    cs1986 said:

You probably saw me then. Big ugly skinhead guy and had my nephew with me and few other pals but they stayed seated most of time in sun and I didn't want to become a lobster!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Conclusive evidence! Thanks both. I saw a bit of what you've described but what's thrown me was the incident? over in E or F block. No-one has so far spoken about that as far as I know and that presumably was unconnected. One of the guys i saw at the back of A block at half time had a very fresh and nasty looking injury above his eye.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Conclusive evidence! Thanks both. I saw a bit of what you've described but what's thrown me was the incident? over in E or F block. No-one has so far spoken about that as far as I know and that presumably was unconnected. One of the guys i saw at the back of A block at half time had a very fresh and nasty looking injury above his eye.
    He was probably the guy that got bashed at half time by some 60 year old ish geezer. He pushed in the queue then got mouthy to the guys wife so he gave him a good few digs. It was fairly decent punches tbf and yeah his eye/forhead look swelled up. It was right next to me and my nephew. 
  • Options
    Bagged 2 x freebies for Cambridge game.
  • Options
    Is one spare?
  • Options
    Is one spare?
    No sorry.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Il probably have 10-15 spares over the season (unused ST), if anyone wants me to put there name on my account you can have them for £10 a game donated to my marathon fund raiser for Whizzkidz. The Cambridge and Exeter games Will definitely be unused so far. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Il probably have 10-15 spares over the season (unused ST), if anyone wants me to put there name on my account you can have them for £10 a game donated to my marathon fund raiser for Whizzkidz. The Cambridge and Exeter games Will definitely be unused so far. 
    I don't have any friends so please put me on your list. (Edit: any ST friends).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Effectively £30.50 for Tuesday night with the booking fee. Genuinely ridiculous prices for a Tuesday night game when crowd won’t top 10k
    Plymouth will bring plenty, I imagine.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I don't have any friends so please put me on your list. (Edit: any ST friends).
    No problem, il DM you the list of games I know I won't be attending.
  • Options
    Sorry if I've misunderstood, but is the Cambridge game one of the four where ST's can get a free ticket?
  • Options
    Sorry if I've misunderstood, but is the Cambridge game one of the four where ST's can get a free ticket?
    Nothing has been announced.
  • Options
    As far as I know the games you can get a free ticket for have yet to be announced. 
  • Options
    Effectively £30.50 for Tuesday night with the booking fee. Genuinely ridiculous prices for a Tuesday night game when crowd won’t top 10k
    Sold Over 900 as of yesterday morning 
  • Options
    not likely as a train strike  Wednesday and train services stopping early on Tuesday evening,
  • Options
    I correct myself strike on Thursday and Saturday. so Tuesday should be ok.
  • Options
    Not sure.
    I got mine through my work.
  • Options
    Aaaaargh! Just got done over by the price increase thing. So annoying, but I suppose you only fall for it once. 
    For balance, in case AndyG is reading, the ticket office were very helpful in sorting out my kids’ student tickets.