Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    we cant get a bad draw. 

the perks of supporting a small tinpot club like Charlton is you get nights like last night. 

for me united away would be the one fantastic ground which wont be there for much longer and I haven't seen us play there. 
    Why where are they moving to?

in its gonna change its looks over the years 
    Couple of years since I've been there but it's still a library full of tourists. That won't change, however much they redevelop it.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    is the semi final over two legs ?

Yes it is
    Hang on this is the quarter finals, we're not there yet!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Brighton!

mendonca said:
    They'll smash us
    Not how it turned out!
    Go back to page 27 for the reaction when we drew Brighton. The majority were very disappointed because Brighton aren’t a glamour club, and ‘we’ll lose anyway in front of a crowd of 8,000’. 
    Just goes to show how you can never tell how things will pan out. That was one of favourite nights as a Charlton fan!
    For the first time ever I’m extremely excited about a Cup draw. 
    Would love Newcastle away as I can take my Sunderland mate (great nephew of a close friend of Jimmy Seed’s, the fella who returned one of Jimmy’s England caps, which is now on display in the museum). 
    Liverpool/Man City or Man Utd away or at home would be great, but can’t see getting through. 
    Any other team at home, and we have a small chance. 
    Hope Liverpool/City draw Utd, so one would be eliminated. 
    A glimmer, just a small glimmer, of hope of winning the second major trophy in our history. 100/1 with Paddy Power is about right though. Won’t stop me having a couple of quid on it. 
    Never been happier to be proved wrong JS. 👍🏻😁
  • Options
    we cant get a bad draw. 

the perks of supporting a small tinpot club like Charlton is you get nights like last night. 

for me united away would be the one fantastic ground which wont be there for much longer and I haven't seen us play there. 
    Why where are they moving to?

in its gonna change its looks over the years 
    Realistically not much. The Grandstand is the only side yet to be expanded, which is possible but very expensive because of the railway line behind it
  • Options
    Don’t want Forest, Southampton, Liverpool or Manchester United because they also play in red.
    Any of the others would make the game under lights more colourful and vibrant.
    I was disappointed Brighton played in their insipid ‘blue’ last night instead of in their proper kit.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Yes it is
    Is there extra time? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Yes it is
    Is there extra time? 
    You know I'm not sure actually... I know the Final goes to Extra-Time
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Yes it is
    Is there extra time? 
    You know I'm not sure actually... I know the Final goes to Extra-Time
    Semi-final second leg and the final have 30 mins extra-time if necessary.

12 LAWS OF THE GAME

12.4  In the event of the scores being level at the end of ninety minutes’ play in rounds one, two, three, four and five no extra time shall be played, and the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

12.5  If the aggregate score is level at the end of ninety minutes in either:

12.5.1  the second leg of the Semi-Final; or

12.5.2  in the Final Tie,

an extra half hour shall be played and if the aggregate score is still level at the end of extra time the winner of that Competition Match shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

• Options
    Extra time only in the final. 
    Even in the 2 legged semi final, a draw goes straight to penalties 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strong squads for Man City vs Liverpool tonight

Both clearly eager to keep their best players fit, and so avoid an upset in the next round when they make the trip to London

• Options

Both clearly eager to keep their best players fit, and so avoid an upset in the next round when they make the trip to London

Carson (City) and Gomez (Liverpool) both desperate to get a win, in order to play at their spiritual home ground in the next round. 
  • Options
    Having already seen Charlton play away against Man U, 5-1 defeat , Southampton away 3 times, Liverpool 4-1 defeat and a 0-0 draw with Wolves plus playing Leicester at home all in the League Cup, Man City it is .🤣
  • Options

Good to see TAA get a nice rest after his grueling world cup 
  • Options
    What a miss from Cole Palmer (?) - Although Gomez just did well to hold off Haaland
  • Options
    Both teams nervous, as the prize of a game at The Valley is tantalisingly close.
  • Options
    Oh Joe... Has to do better when Haaland is around
  • Options

Would any of this lot even get into our squad?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Oh Joe... Has to do better when Haaland is around
    Good CF play though getting across the CB which Stockley struggles to do with his lack of mobility 😞.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    For me the draw splits into 4 or 5 possible tiers of opponents

Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool are the clear stand outs for a big match home or away

Gillingham, MK Dons and Lincoln then give us the best chance of a cup run and one of the three above in the next round potentially

Then Newcastle and Wolves are Premier League grounds I've not visited although you could group these in with Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Forest and Southampton grounds for Premier League opposition.

Then that leaves Blackburn and Burnley as the worst possible draws.

Agreed with the shouts for drawing Brighton it would seem our kind of draw.

This time around having correctly predicted Brighton last time...

Man City/Liverpool, Man Utd are still the clear stand outs for a big match home or away. At this stage surely this is what you want.

Newcastle and Wolves are Premier League grounds i've not visited so away games at either would be decent. Wolves at home could be our best chance if we want to reach the Semis.

Been to Leicester, Forest and Southampton all away so we'll probably get one of those. Southampton are apparently taking the cup serious so ideally avoid them.

Not many have really mentioned Leicester so will predict Leicester next it would seem our kind of draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we haven’t secured new buyers yet, then what we want is a massive home draw.
    the Valley would be rammed.
  • Options
    Home draw please. Would like Newcastle. 

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Home draw please. Would like Newcastle. 

Semi-Detached House would do for me
  • Options
    Not a bad game this
  • Options
    For some reason I really want Newcastle at the valley.
  • Options
    Jeez, good luck against either of these sides.
  • Options
    I got it right last time Brighton. This time it’s going to be wolves at home 
  • Options
    If we're home to Manchester City or United, will they open the whole ground and run Valley Express, or will they wait to see what the demand is  :D

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Jeez, good luck against either of these sides.
    Id like another London club ………… oh hang on a minute 😉
  • Options
    They're playing a different sport