Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Marques joins from Swindon as First Team Analyst

13»

Comments

• Options
    IAgree said:
    Scoham said:
    Garner’s analyst Jake Marques has gone - he’s got a promotion to Head of Analysis at Crawley.

Is this a promotion?
    Not in terms of club size but job role, he's gone from First Team Analyst to Head of Analysis.
  • Options
    No, but he doesn't have to work for the Sandgaards any more. A win for him!

Don't know if working for Crawley's crypto owners is any better to be honest. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    IAgree said:
    Scoham said:
    Garner’s analyst Jake Marques has gone - he’s got a promotion to Head of Analysis at Crawley.

Is this a promotion?
    Not in terms of club size but job role, he's gone from First Team Analyst to Head of Analysis.
    To be that says everything that is wrong with football's bloated cost structure now, that a small L2 side needs a HEAD of Analysis, implying they have several.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    IAgree said:
    Scoham said:

Is this a promotion?
    To be that says everything that is wrong with football's bloated cost structure now, that a small L2 side needs a HEAD of Analysis, implying they have several.
    Maybe, but no professional club will want to be disadvantaged by not making use of data. He could have two or three analysts under him covering scouting opposition and potential signings, I wouldn't say that's bloated.
  • Options
    He certainly made his Marques...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    IAgree said:
    Scoham said:

Is this a promotion?
    Maybe, but no professional club will want to be disadvantaged by not making use of data. He could have two or three analysts under him covering scouting opposition and potential signings, I wouldn't say that's bloated.
    If we have two or three analysts at The Valley I hope they have all gone to Crawley with him.

Our scouting and signing of players is shite
  • Options
    Jake Marques has also joined Colchester United as First Team Analyst.
    https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/march/garner-adds-backroom-staff/
  • Options
    clive said:
    He was only at Crawley for a month!
  • Options
    clive said:
    He was only at Crawley for a month!
    The lad must be mustard!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garners getting the band back together 
  • Options
    Thought everyone hates working with Garner? 

Suddenly everyone is leaving to go back to him. Hmm.
  • Options

I feel like I’m a relatively frequent visitor of this forum, and I’ve missed anything around this being posted.

What’s the (apparent none) story behind this?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Hopefully Bonne got on really well with him.....
    Been removed? What did it say?
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I feel like I’m a relatively frequent visitor of this forum, and I’ve missed anything around this being posted.

What’s the (apparent none) story behind this?
    Someone had 'heard' that he was a bit mean to 'training-ground staff'. Had the feel of slander to me, ngl