Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Papa John's Trophy 22/23 - Round 2 Draw (p3): Plymouth v CAFC (Tues 22/11 7pm)

Comments

• edited August 2022
    The game will be available to watch on CharltonTV - Its just the League Cup / FA Cup we cant show.

https://www.charltonafc.com/charltontv/purchase-your-pass
  • The game will be available to watch on CharltonTV - Its just the League Cup / FA Cup we cant show.

https://www.charltonafc.com/charltontv/purchase-your-pass
    I'm shocked that the Pizza Cup games haven't been sold around the world!
  • Bought an over 65 seat this morning at the ticket office then the £15 1905 lounge upgrade. Total £25 instead of the £35 package. 
  • The tension is building, the wait is almost over!
  • Crusty54 said:
    Bought an over 65 seat this morning at the ticket office then the £15 1905 lounge upgrade. Total £25 instead of the £35 package. 

• clive said:
    £10 plus £1.50 booking fee today, rising by a £1 every day until November 2nd….
    Get ‘em whilst you can….
  • The Papa Johns Trophy last 32 draw will take place live on Sky Sports on Friday 11 November following coverage of the Sky Bet Championship match between Birmingham City and Sunderland.
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/november/carabao-cup-and-papa-johns-trophy-draw-details/
  • Sponsored links:

• All these Cup draws that we are still in, I am so excited! 

It feels like we should still be in September!
  • edited November 2022

Group winners will be drawn at home against a runner-up from another group. In order to achieve this, each draw is split into two sections as detailed below.

Northern Section

Draw A

Winners PotNo.Runner up PotNo.
    Everton U211Barnsley13
    Bolton Wanderers2Mansfield Town14
    Port Vale3Barrow15
    Salford City4Bradford City16

Draw B

Lincoln City5Morecambe9
    Grimsby Town6Tranmere Rovers10
    Manchester United U217Wolverhampton Wanderers U2111
    Burton Albion8Accrington Stanley12

Southern Section

Draw A

Colchested United1Bristol Rovers13
    AFC Wimbledon2Newport County14
    Milton Keynes Dons3Sutton United15
    Stevenage4Arsenal U2116

Draw B

Plymouth Argyle5Charlton Athletic9
    Forest Green Rovers6Portsmouth10
    Chelsea U217Cheltenham Town11
    Ipswich Town8Peterborough United

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/november/papa-johns-trophy-round-of-32-numbers/
  • edited November 2022
    Wrong tournament Clive.

Guess it’s hard to keep up now we’re such a successful club that’s on the verge of winning everything.
  • edited November 2022
    So if I’m following correctly, we can only be drawn away against Plymouth, Ipswich, Forest Green or Chelsea U21s?

Seems lopsided to me…

Southern Draw B is absolutely packed with League One top half sides and zero League Two sides. Five of the eight clubs are: Ipswich, Plymouth, Charlton, Portsmouth and Peterborough.

Southern Draw A has Colchester, Wimbledon, Stevenage, Sutton and Newport. Plus the League One powerhouses of MK Dons and Bristol Rovers.
  • Bloody nora, they try to keep it as straightforward as possible dont they!!
  • If it is Chelsea my understanding that game would be at home.
  • So if I’m following correctly, we can only be drawn away against Plymouth, Ipswich, Forest Green or Chelsea U21s?

Seems lopsided to me…

Southern Draw B is absolutely packed with League One top half sides and zero League Two sides. Five of the eight clubs are: Ipswich, Plymouth, Charlton, Portsmouth and Peterborough.

Southern Draw A has Colchester, Wimbledon, Stevenage, Sutton and Newport. Plus the League One powerhouses of MK Dons and Bristol Rovers.
    Has to be that way to ensure that you don't get drawn against the team that was in the same qualifying group.
    The winners of Southern Groups A, B, C and D go into the draw with the R/u in groups E, F, G and H and the winners of groups E, F, G and H go into the draw with the R/u in groups A, B, C and D.
  • seth plum said:
    If it is Chelsea my understanding that game would be at home.
    Not sure... We played Villa at the Valley last season, despite being the away team, because their First Team were in Premier League action at Villa Park in the same week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry can someone remind me what the difference is between the Papa Johns Pizza Deliveroo Trophy and the Caribou Cup?
  • Sorry can someone remind me what the difference is between the Papa Johns Pizza Deliveroo Trophy and the Caribou Cup?
    The former is for League One | League Two | U21 teams, and will give you bragging rights on the school playground if won
    The latter is for all teams in the top four Divisions and will get you into Europe if you win it
  • The papa johns trophy comes with free pizza.

The Carabao Cup is filled with energy drinks.
  • Who are Colchested United?

The typo is on the EFL page incidentally, so not Clive's fault  :D
  • seth plum said:
    Not sure... We played Villa at the Valley last season, despite being the away team, because their First Team were in Premier League action at Villa Park in the same week. 
    Got a feeling that all U21 sides must play away so the fixture against Villa was reversed as I think would be the case if we draw Chelsea U21's.
  • seth plum said:
    Got a feeling that all U21 sides must play away so the fixture against Villa was reversed as I think would be the case if we draw Chelsea U21's.
    It may have changed since, but think thats only a rule in the Group Stages

There havent been many occasions where an U21 side has been drawn at home, but in 2019-20, both Everton and Brighton played KO games at Goodison Park, and the AMEX Stadium respectively - Chelsea too in 18-19 played AFC Wimbledon at Stamford Bridge.

The former is for League One | League Two | U21 teams, and will give you bragging rights on the school playground if won
    The latter is for all teams in the top four Divisions and will get you into Europe if you win it
    And the latter isn’t even a competition….
  • Wrong tournament Clive.

Guess it’s hard to keep up now we’re such a successful club that’s on the verge of winning everything.
    Right tournament for this thread 
  • Are we out of this shameful tourney yet 
  • Are we out of this shameful tourney yet 
    No