Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jubilee Celebrations 2022

So, what are your plans over the long weekend ?
What events are people attending ?

Don't want this to be a discussion on the merits of the Royal Family, just interested to see what people are up to - maybe inspire me to go to something not been aware of.

Comments

• Options
    Cut the grass, pickle this year's early onion crop. Need some 2 stroke mix for the hedge trimmer so might have a run out to a diy store.  The fun never stops.
  • Options
    Nice lunch in town on Thursday. Ladies Day at Epson Friday. Umpiring Saturday. Test match at Lords on Sunday.
  • Options
    Ladyromford and I will be attending the garden party at the British Embassy in Bratislava.

Should be fun. 😎🇬🇧
  • Options
    Ladyromford and I will be attending the garden party at the British Embassy in Bratislava.

Should be fun. 😎🇬🇧
    Is it a souped up QBP? Do you work there or live there?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Playing golf mainly. Oh, and going to see Liam Gallagher at Knebworth.
  • Options
    Going to a few gigs. 

Making the most of the bank holidays whilst avoiding the crowds as much as possible. 
  • Options
    Street party at my mums on Saturday, although she’ll be in hospital after a fall last week.
  • Options
    Wednesday -Alan Partridge.
    Friday - Test Match Eng v NZ.
    Saturday - The Killers
    Sunday - Street Party plus neighbours have also invited a dozen or so round.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Wednesday - Alan Partridge - see yer there Covered!
    Thursday - The Electric Six, Dover
    Friday - rest day
    Saturday - playing a gig with my band Rayband in the afternoon in Cobham and playing another gig in Meopham, this time for the Midnight Bluez Band, in the evening ( must add the old Chuck Berry song "Go Little Queenie" to the set)
    Sunday - hopefully another rest day, think I'll need it!
  • Options
    I'm off to the Test match on Thursday, but my local park has a Jubilee Fun Day that day which I will pop into in the evening, as they'll be lighting a beacon then and having fireworks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Working. Organised a four day music event with local carnival celebrations and parade etc. Some good local covers bands. Looking forward to a Genesis tribute act doing the full last domino set.
  • Options
    On Sunday there is a street party in my road. £5 contribution not obligatory but bring own food and drink.
    Hope it doesn’t rain.
    My celebration will be based on the Queen being the head of the church (not that I am bothered by that) and the head of the armed forces and judiciary.
    I shudder to think what it would be like if the Army took an oath to the Prime Minister.
  • Options
    Test match Thursday
    Lunch with family on Friday, dinner at friends
    Saturday is a blank  may go to the flicks
    Sunday, probably long bike ride

Every street in my neighbourhood is having a street party at some point over the weekend. Will wonder round some of those
  • Options
    ROTW said:
    You just couldn’t have stopped after the first two sentences, could you?
    What do you mean by 'just'?
  • Options
    Street party at my mums on Saturday, although she’ll be in hospital after a fall last week.
    Hope she’s okay mate 
  • Options
    I’m probably going to burgle @DaveMehmet ‘s house while he is out. 
    In through the back door?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Should be fun. 😎🇬🇧
    Is it a souped up QBP? Do you work there or live there?
    We work at the British International School of Bratislava. Lots of us going as the school is sponsoring the event. Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    I’m probably going to burgle @DaveMehmet ‘s house while he is out. 
    I'm going to burgle @ricky_otto's house when he is burgling @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    Thursday - on call so playing a round at barnehurst and hoping the phone doesn’t ring Friday a pals 30th so house party at his
    Saturday bits round the house 
    Sunday have a street party although weather looks crap 

have bunting and flags that will be out up weds night 
  • Options
    Hope she’s okay mate 
     Cheers mate, thankfully just a small fracture in her pelvis. My and my sis have been trying to get her to have a stairlift fitted for years but she point blank refused. Looks like she’ll have to move into a flat now as she won’t be able to use stairs unaided any more.
  • Options
    Going to Butlins with the kids 🤣
  • Options
    Hope she’s okay mate 
     Cheers mate, thankfully just a small fracture in her pelvis. My and my sis have been trying to get her to have a stairlift fitted for years but she point blank refused. Looks like she’ll have to move into a flat now as she won’t be able to use stairs unaided any more.
    Nothing more stressful than caring for an unwell parent, mainly because they are so fucking stubborn. Hope it works out okay mate. Enjoy the celebrations.
  • Options
    Our street party is having on Thursday. 
  • Options
    Hope she’s okay mate 
    Nothing more stressful than caring for an unwell parent, mainly because they are so fucking stubborn. Hope it works out okay mate. Enjoy the celebrations.
    My mum's gone to hospital today with internal bleeding  :'(