Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace face points deduction after unprovoked assault by manager

Comments

• Options

Nug said:
    Not condoning it at all but why did he walk onto the pitch? Surely it was obvious that Everton fans would be on there. There was no need for him to be on there.
    Subs bench is right next to the tunnel at Everton.
  • Options
    No different to Cantona.......... Hopefully Vieira's ban is of a similar nature 
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Nug said:
    Not condoning it at all but why did he walk onto the pitch? Surely it was obvious that Everton fans would be on there. There was no need for him to be on there.
    Subs bench is right next to the tunnel at Everton.
    The away dressing room is located in the far corner since lockdown, hence why you need to walk across the pitch
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Trying to get back to the dressing room. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pitch invasions:

- You win an FA Cup game at home against a team at least three divisions higher than you
    - You get promoted
    - You avoid relegation from an almost impossible position (so, not Everton)

Anything else is tinpot
    So our one in the SF game against Doncaster was "tinpot"?
    Yes.
  • Options
    We should have been allowed to invade the Wembley pitch though
  • Options
    These Frenches do have history when it comes to kicking fans. 
    Was the fella he clumped Palace then?
  • Options
    There has definitely been an increase in anti social behaviour at football this season. Some have tried to put it down to the effect of lockdowns, which I guess there may have been some merit in at first, but it’s been a good year or so now.

I was at the darts last night and you had fights breaking out all over the place by the time it was finishing up. Suspect a lot of idiots were struggling to handle whatever they’d put into their bodies rather than truly being pent up by darts though.

Smartphone culture is a big influence. Would that idiot have been provoking Vieira if he couldn’t record it to show all his mates how brave he was? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We should have been allowed to invade the Wembley pitch though
    Although, thinking about it for more than a nanosecond, that would have fucked the pitch up for the other playoff finals. IDK then. We should have been allowed to travel back to The Valley after the final and invade it? I joke, but some sort of free-for-all trophy parade back at The Valley on the field would have been nice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few observations, no doubt some or all of which will be disagreeable to some or all other posters.  

1. There's a material difference between a pitch 'invasion' which affects the course of a match and a post-match 'invasion' from fans of just one side.  They're both wrong and, in fact, illegal.  But the latter is a less-significant event than an invasion which halts or abandons a match in progress. 

2. A punch and a kick by a manager is more serious than the 'goading'.  Some people might claim the fan 'deserved it'.  The two antagonists' actions were disproportionate.  Viera had two options: either ignore it and continue to walk away, or confront the fan verbally, ie ask him to stop.  He chose a third, violent action.  That was wrong. 

3. It's an automatic red card and Viera should be banned from the touchline for at least three matches.  (I may have missed whether he was red carded for it; if not, then it should be applied retrospectively). 

4. The fan should be banned from the Goodison Park. 

5. Where were the police?   
  • Options
    Harmless banter.

25 point deduction 
    Sorry far to lenient is has to be automatic relegation.
    To the Surrey Sunday Combination League.
  • Options
    They stopped when they realised that he wasn't moving an inch from their big pushes. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    pity he didn't smack a few more .. years ago I was at the Feyenoord ground, Not sure if they still use the same stadium today .. around the pitch was a moat like ditch .. I asked my Dutch friend if it was ever filled with water, 'only for dangerous games' he told me .. fences and moats might be on the agenda for some English grounds of the clubs with the more excitable fans

There was also trouble at Port Vale ..punches were thrown as the Swindon players protected the under attack McKirdy .. seems that trouble at one ground just encourages the 'tough guy' dickheads at other clubs to 'have a go'

• Options
    Classic certain type of football fan (not all of course) behaviour….. in that it’s alright to scream whatever you want at someone but if they do anything back then go crying to all and sundry that it isn’t fair.

Good on Vieira I say. 

Reminds me of when that total twat started abusing Marquis and calling him a Cnut whilst filming it for his mates. Would have probably gone crying to the police if the player had giving him the slap he probably deserved 
  • Options
    The pitch invasion isn't the problem so much as the violent conduct and threatening behaviour of a few people taking part. If the racist scousers want to celebrate staying up whilst their closest rivals are picking up trophies on a regular basis then fine, but there's no need for the threats of violence that come with it.

Would love to see an instant points deduction....
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    There has definitely been an increase in anti social behaviour at football this season. Some have tried to put it down to the effect of lockdowns, which I guess there may have been some merit in at first, but it’s been a good year or so now.

I was at the darts last night and you had fights breaking out all over the place by the time it was finishing up. Suspect a lot of idiots were struggling to handle whatever they’d put into their bodies rather than truly being pent up by darts though.

Smartphone culture is a big influence. Would that idiot have been provoking Vieira if he couldn’t record it to show all his mates how brave he was? 
    I think people have had a lot of time to forget about what consequences feel like as well. The internet has always been full of trolls, but those trolls tend to be a bit less chatty in real life because you can't shout a vile death threat in someone's face without them reacting to it, probably violently. Social media allows people to say stuff they wouldn't have dreamt of saying in real life and allows people to end up in echo chambers where they're only told their behaviour is the right way to act. It's resulted in some people spending a huge amount of their time spouting pure, unchallenged abuse every day and I think it's normalised it as life behaviour instead of just internet stuff. You then unleash them outside and that kid was behaving like he would have if Patrick Vieira had posted a Tweet, except he forgot that actual Patrick Vieira is bigger than him.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    A few observations, no doubt some or all of which will be disagreeable to some or all other posters.  

1. There's a material difference between a pitch 'invasion' which affects the course of a match and a post-match 'invasion' from fans of just one side.  They're both wrong and, in fact, illegal.  But the latter is a less-significant event than an invasion which halts or abandons a match in progress. 

2. A punch and a kick by a manager is more serious than the 'goading'.  Some people might claim the fan 'deserved it'.  The two antagonists' actions were disproportionate.  Viera had two options: either ignore it and continue to walk away, or confront the fan verbally, ie ask him to stop.  He chose a third, violent action.  That was wrong. 

3. It's an automatic red card and Viera should be banned from the touchline for at least three matches.  (I may have missed whether he was red carded for it; if not, then it should be applied retrospectively). 

4. The fan should be banned from the Goodison Park. 

5. Where were the police?   
    Graham Souness adds a 6th point and wants to know where Paul Pogba was and what his role in this was.

Anyway Patrick has over shadowed the big story of the match....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    the twat that nutted billy clark jailed for 24 weeks is good. 

a few years back when we won on pens you had someone going up to john marquis and about being a millwall Cnut. 

its all ridiculous be happy and celebrate 
  • Options
    Well played Pat. If you want to goad a 6ft 4 unit, then you reap what you sow 
  • Options
    I thought calling someone a bald headed cunt was classed as discrimination nowadays? I’m sure I scanned something in the news a few days ago when some bald headed guy won his case?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I thought calling someone a bald headed cunt was classed as discrimination nowadays? I’m sure I scanned something in the news a few days ago when some bald headed guy won his case?
    Watching closely 👍
    You all over this brother @Baldybonce? 😉
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    100% behind Vieira here, cannot believe how long it took him to react. No doubt the scousers will play the victim card again.
  • Options
    These Frenches do have history when it comes to kicking fans. 
    Was the fella he clumped Palace then?
    Both kickers were French. 
    I would assume the the chap last night was not a Palace fan.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    cfgs said:
    Not great by the young lad but shouting "Yessss your not very good, f@#k off!"  Is nowhere near as bad are some were predicting.  Doubt anything will happen but some action should be taken against Viera.
    Footballs a funny game.
    Anyway what would you or your firm do if someone came to your place of work and got in your face screaming you're not very good fuck off?
    clb74 said:
    cfgs said:
    Not great by the young lad but shouting "Yessss your not very good, f@#k off!"  Is nowhere near as bad are some were predicting.  Doubt anything will happen but some action should be taken against Viera.
    Footballs a funny game.
    Anyway what would you or your firm do if someone came to your place of work and got in your face screaming you're not very good fuck off?
    Say “Actually, you’re right. I don’t know why we hired him in the first place”.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Pitch invasions:

- You win an FA Cup game at home against a team at least three divisions higher than you
    - You get promoted
    - You avoid relegation from an almost impossible position (so, not Everton)

Anything else is tinpot
    You missed out:

- There’s a sofa needs destroying. 
  • Options
    Can see nets going up around the stands. There have been loads of incidents recently and something needs to happen.
    I wouldn’t say loads……yes, there’s been a few but definitely not loads.