Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace face points deduction after unprovoked assault by manager

«134

Comments

  • Quite funny watching the bloke with the kid on his shoulders running over to calm the situation

    Good balance for the kid to not fall off

    Wonder what got said for Vieira to kick out at home, again the video only provides so much information.
  • Not great by the young lad but shouting "Yessss your not very good, [email protected]#k off!"  Is nowhere near as bad are some were predicting.  Doubt anything will happen but some action should be taken against Viera.
  • Not condoning it at all but why did he walk onto the pitch? Surely it was obvious that Everton fans would be on there. There was no need for him to be on there.
  • Sponsored links:


  • I was hoping this was true but then saw it was in Fun, Jokes and Captions. Can see a bigger fine for Everton for this, but Viera's not proper Palace - that sort of taunting would have seen an Oscar class dive and probably a penalty awarded if it was Zaha
  • Very difficult topic given the events of recent weeks with that Forest fan assaulting Sharpe at Sheff Utd.  Not sure if any of you have seen the Ollie McBurnie clip from the same game.  McBurnie full on kicking a Forest fan when they were on the floor, a lot worse than Vieira’s sweep of the leg.  
  • cfgs said:
    Not great by the young lad but shouting "Yessss your not very good, [email protected]#k off!"  Is nowhere near as bad are some were predicting.  Doubt anything will happen but some action should be taken against Viera.
    Footballs a funny game.
    Anyway what would you or your firm do if someone came to your place of work and got in your face screaming you're not very good fuck off?
  • Harmless banter.

    25 point deduction 
    Sorry far to lenient is has to be automatic relegation.
  • Would have been funny if it was Roy Keane goading him.
  • Sponsored links:


  • if you went up to a bloke in the street and done that you would expect a slap 
  • if you went up to a bloke in the street and done that you would expect a slap 
    Typical of you sticking up for a Palace employee
  • clb74 said:
    cfgs said:
    Not great by the young lad but shouting "Yessss your not very good, [email protected]#k off!"  Is nowhere near as bad are some were predicting.  Doubt anything will happen but some action should be taken against Viera.
    Footballs a funny game.
    Anyway what would you or your firm do if someone came to your place of work and got in your face screaming you're not very good fuck off?
    As a firefighter it happens a lot more than you think, people that don't want us to put things out or youths that think it is funny to throw things and act up. If we even raise our voices let alone respond with aggression we would be suspended at the very least, but likely sacked.

    I don't condone the supporter's actions but Viera has to be punished as otherwise it would make the next pitch invasion a bit tasty.  
  • Can see nets going up around the stands. There have been loads of incidents recently and something needs to happen.
  • I can see draconian rules coming in for pitch invasions, as there have been some grim scenes this week,

    When thousands run onto the pitch, there's no chance that everyone will be sensible and let the opposition players and staff depart quietly, there will always be some who take it too far. That's why we sadly have to have segregation in the stands.
  • Pitch invasions:

    - You win an FA Cup game at home against a team at least three divisions higher than you
    - You get promoted
    - You avoid relegation from an almost impossible position (so, not Everton)

    Anything else is tinpot
  • Leuth said:
    Pitch invasions:

    - You win an FA Cup game at home against a team at least three divisions higher than you
    - You get promoted
    - You avoid relegation from an almost impossible position (so, not Everton)

    Anything else is tinpot
    So our one in the SF game against Doncaster was "tinpot"?
  • Nug said:
    Not condoning it at all but why did he walk onto the pitch? Surely it was obvious that Everton fans would be on there. There was no need for him to be on there.
    I believe the way Goodison is set up at the moment his exit was across on the other side from him. He could have tried creeping round the edges I guess, but why would he feel like he needed to do that?
    This is the third pitch invasion in a week and they've all had some amount of violence between players and fans. Billy Sharp was violently assaulted, Oli McBurnie is being called before the FA because it looks like he stamped on someone, Swindon players were attacked by Port Vale fans last night and Vieira has swatted some little gobshite away from him as well. I just don't understand the mentality of it. Pitch invasions feel less spontaneous now and more something people are planning to do in likely circumstances, and I guess that means you get fewer expressions of pure happiness as a result and more people on the pitch because they want to be on the pitch behaving like themselves, and often they're arseholes. I've never understood the people who whose first instinct when their team scores is to start making wanker signs at the opposition fans instead of actually celebrating the goal, and frankly if those people are forgetting that they're not protected by stewards and nets when they're on the pitch and getting clouted then excellent, but you can't have players and staff being attacked. It's absolutely ridiculous, and if it gets put on social media then it will happen more and more. That's why you can't watch an England match outside anymore without getting covered in beer, people are just waiting to do the thing they saw on the internet.
    Football fans always get the harshest treatment - 5 year bans for being caught with cocaine at a game as if there isn't some wider societal issue to address - and if these idiots aren't careful something will be done to make it harder to get on the pitch, and that will come at a cost to atmosphere
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!