Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I cannot see any negatives in that appointment, looks like a good move.  
  • Waiting for someone to say this must mean we are going in for Mark Bonner :)
  • Not sure what this means in terms of "big picture"

Some will say "Cambridge, who are they?" no doubt.

This seems to, IMHO, to be part of the ongoing development of the academy in preparation for Cat 1 status.  

It also provides, IMHO, a succession plan for Steve Avory.  I'm not sure how old he is but no one can go on for ever.
  • We must be going in for Mark Bonner
  • All part of the push for Cat 1 I imagine
    Replacement for the outgoing head of academy business operations, though it sounds like it’s a slight restructure too given Pell is coming in to a different role.

Pell’s arrival comes ahead of the departure of head of academy business operations Ruth Corry, who is set to take up a role at The FA working with England’s senior teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Waiting for someone to say this must mean we are going in for Mark Bonner :)
    You heard that rumour too?
  • Scoham said:
    All part of the push for Cat 1 I imagine
    Replacement for the outgoing head of academy business operations, though it sounds like it’s a slight restructure too given Pell is coming in to a different role.

Pell’s arrival comes ahead of the departure of head of academy business operations Ruth Corry, who is set to take up a role at The FA working with England’s senior teams.
    They don't seem like similar roles.  Pell appears to be much more of a coach while Corry, who I have to save I wasn't aware of, was on the business admin side it seems.
  • mendonca said:
    Damn, there doesn't anything bad or cost cutting about this move.
    You mean the story of TS selling up is bollox ? 

Imagine that 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Waiting for someone to say this must mean we are going in for Mark Bonner :)
    I was thinking it  :)
  • shine166 said:
    mendonca said:
    Damn, there doesn't anything bad or cost cutting about this move.
    You mean the story of TS selling up is bollox ? 

Imagine that 
    I'm sure someone will still spin the TS is skint narrative.

Good news to have Steve Avory seemingly more involved at the club.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Hmmmm interesting , let’s see what conspiracy theories we can make out of this appointment :smile:
    This is such an obvious move.... Anyone can see that all this means is that TS has secretly placed his Son in charge of the Academy, this appointment is just a front to avoid anyone noticing 
  • edited May 2022
    Can’t believe this appointment, I was told by various people in the know that TS was looking to sell? 
  • welcome Tom .. all the very best during your time at CAFC
  • Can’t believe this appointment, I was told by various people in the know that TS was looking to sell? 
    In fairness the club has to keep running regardless of any potential takeover. This doesn’t prove anything either way.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Hmmmm interesting , let’s see what conspiracy theories we can make out of this appointment :smile:
    I’ll start - Tom Pell is Harry Pell’s dad, Harry once waited at the same bus stop as Martin Sandgaard in Barnet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ffs we should be getting Man City's academy head
  • Cant find fault with that appointment, not when you consider how Cambridge have done recently.

How old is Steve Avory?

Cant be getting any younger, so good to look to the future, before Steve thinks about retirement.
  • edited May 2022
  • Chunes said:
    Ffs we should be getting Man City's academy head
    Surely he just decides which team he sends the youths on loan to, and which promising youngsters to poach.
  • Not sure how much input he had in the academy coaching at Cambs? This sounds more like an admin & operations role to me… not that that is not important!