Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away average following this season?

Poor from me this season I topped up doing 11 aways.
Have been amazed by our away following this season,  especially with us finishing in the bottom half of league 1.
I'm sure we would of averaged over a 1000, but has anyone worked the numbers out?

Comments

• clb74 said:
    Have been amazed by our away following this season,  especially with us finishing in the bottom half of league 1.
    I'm sure we would of averaged over a 1000, but has anyone worked the numbers out?
    No I haven’t , but this is a thread made for Oooey.
  • Could have been even better if Crewe, Cambridge and Morecambe weren't mid week
  • clb74 said:
    No I haven’t , but this is a thread made for Oooey.
    I've got you down as the official how many toilets did we smash up on our travels this year ?
    MIA.
  • Croydon said:
    Could have been even better if Crewe, Cambridge and Morecambe weren't mid week
    Cambridge another 500 and morecambe probably another 500.
    Gutted about Crewe as I've never been there , but after doing Morecambe away and costing a fortune I blew Crewe out
  • Was Ipswich away the highest of the season away following for Charlton?
    Had about 2500 at Gillingham
    Must of been Gillingham.

• clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    Gutted about Crewe as I've never been there , but after doing Morecambe away and costing a fortune I blew Crewe out
    I'd have lent you the money mate, you only had to ask.
  • Strangely for me, I did a lot of the moody night games. 

Glad to tick off Gateshead, Morecambe, Cambridge, Lincoln and AFC. 

Didn’t do to many of the boring Saturdays 3:00s
  • Next season will be worse as we’ve lost 2 sell out games in gills and Wimbledon 

derby if a Saturday could be reasonable 

forest green I would like to do but May struggle for a ticket 
  • Sponsored links:

• As it stands our nearest away games next season will be Ipswich, Wycombe (If they don’t go up via the Play Offs) and Oxford
  • clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    I'd have lent you the money mate, you only had to ask.
    Can you let us know the away games you were at , as we need to count you as a half.
  • shirty5 said:
    As it stands our nearest away games next season will be Ipswich, Wycombe (If they don’t go up via the Play Offs) and Oxford
    Shirty you must have the stats for this season?
  • shirty5 said:
    As it stands our nearest away games next season will be Ipswich, Wycombe (If they don’t go up via the Play Offs) and Oxford
    My missus is happy with that. If you add in Portsmouth, she gets to go shopping to Gun Wharf and Bicester Village, whilst I get to go to the football 
  • shirty5 said:
    Cambridge is nearer than Ipswich I think? 
  • _MrDick said:
    shirty5 said:
    My missus is happy with that. If you add in Portsmouth, she gets to go shopping to Gun Wharf and Bicester Village, whilst I get to go to the football 
    Your missus must be as trendy as me then.
  • edited May 2022
    shirty5 said:
    What about Cambridge and Peterborough? 

Just looked and both of those are just about quicker to train to than Ipswich/Oxford, still pretty much 2 hours though.
  • Either way, it's bizarre that unless Sutton go up, not only will there be no London teams, but also so many fairly near teams won't be the same division either

The Championship will have Watford, Luton (probably), Millwall, QPR, Reading
    L2 will have Wimbledon, Orient, Sutton (probably), Gillingham, Colchester, Stevenage, Crawley
    The NL is full of London and southeast clubs
  • Managed to get to 12 aways - only one of them was a win (Cambridge).

Have a lot of respect for those fans who will do Morecambe, Accrington etc next season for a 2nd or more occasion.

Getting the tick is one thing, but continuing to make those journeys is another level of dedication.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plymouth’s figures always astound me … great following 
  • edited May 2022
    5th in average evening aways  … interesting 
  • Only done 3 this year . Oxford MK and Ipswich.  No points for my efforts. 

• Not too sad considering we are 🚽 
    We’d be above at least four of those with higher followings it that weren’t the case.

• Cheers Owls
  • Either way, it's bizarre that unless Sutton go up, not only will there be no London teams, but also so many fairly near teams won't be the same division either

L2 will have Wimbledon, Orient, Sutton (probably), Gillingham, Colchester, Stevenage, Crawley
    Because League 1 is, and has always been, full of scummy Northern clubs.

Hate it  

Because League 1 is, and has always been, full of scummy Northern clubs.

Hate it  
    Stay classy Golf.

• Surprised that our average evening following is higher than our average weekend number. The average distance is higher than I would guess.

Good effort though. Think I managed 11 aways this season. 
  • Only done 3 this season have been to majority of the league 1 grounds and we’re crap and people who I go with cba to go anymore 
  • edited May 2022
    se9addick said:

Surprised that our average evening following is higher than our average weekend number. The average distance is higher than I would guess.

Good effort though. Think I managed 11 aways this season. 
    That’s got to be fixture dependant 
    if you have gills and afc Wimbledon midweek and swap for Saturday fixtures at Morecambe and fuck off far away fc then that clearly distorts it all