Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cambridge United v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 19 April | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    End of season jolly for us, not too far from home and drinks and eats all the way, be happy not to witness another defeat so I'll stick with Ronnie, 2-2,    hopefully. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Famewo - Purrington
    Dobson
    Jaiyesimi - Morgan - F.Caskey - B.Taylor
    Washington - Stockley

0-2 win. 

Anything else L 2-1
  • Options
    9-0
  • Options
    Cambridge have won 4 of their last 5, whilst our form has, to put it mildly, been very patchy. I have an image of our three centre backs ambling around Cambridge's lone striker, whilst they and most of our midfielders fail to pick up late runners into the box. 

I imagine that JFC and Washington will be in the starting 11. With Fraser unfit, I doubt that Morgan would start alongside Dobson and JFC. I fear that Gilbey will once again be treading the boards, despite a series of truly lamentable performances. I've no idea how Nile John has been performing in training, but I'd have thought that Jacko would want to give him a run out at some stage, if only with an eye on future loans.

Mark Bonner has done an extremely impressive job at Cambridge on limited resources and is bound to attract the interest of bigger clubs. 
  • Options
    I am looking forward to tomorrow, though more because I'm making a day of it.

More punting on the Cam than Famewo and Pearce punting it upfield to Stockley
  • Options
    New ground for me and a half day at work. We'll probably lose though
  • Options
    I don’t care!!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I hope you continue doing the reviews next season Sage always interesting. I know how depressing our results can be, and I feel the same when doing the matchday thread, why bother, but I still do
    Yeah, me too, @ross1 especially starting the Match Thread when it becomes a conduit for intense negativity and aggression. Sure, I understand the reasons why.

• Options
    Have very much appreciated your previews Sage.  Hope you can summon the energy and enthusiasm for next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Inniss and Fraser start with F-C and we lose Famewo and.perhaps Matthews. Aside from Lavelle missing, that is THE best XI we have at the club. If JJ can't get a win at nothing-to-play-for Cambridge with his fully fit best XI then it really is home time.

I'd like to see Chuks and Kanu up front as I have a feeling they could cause devastation in defences at this level. 
  • Options
    Might be worth throwing a bet on (the opposition), we have shorter odds than a Cambridge win or draw.
  • Options
    Thanks for the preview Sage, i know its a tough gig at the moment, but always a good read!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I don’t care!!!
    Anytime someone says that, I always think of this https://youtu.be/UxxajLWwzqY
  • Options
    Can see a few changes .. think Stockley will be rested with Aneke and Washington up top .. can see Nile John getting a run out with JFC and Dobson in mid .. Purrington back at left wing back with CBT moving to right …. Cambridge are making a number of changes as well according to there website 
    Rested for what? Also, there is no way Aneke is fit enough to start. He looked like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz before he had been oiled!
  • Options
    On form Cambridge should win this easily. 0-0 would be a decent result for us. 3-0 more probable.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    2/1 seems generous for them to win at home. I'm on that.
    I wasn't sure about this but then I saw you have to walk over a cattle grid and through a field to the away end, and it's got home win written all over it:

Cambridge are now more than 2/1 on Bet 365.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    IdleHans said:
    2/1 seems generous for them to win at home. I'm on that.
    I wasn't sure about this but then I saw you have to walk over a cattle grid and through a field to the away end, and it's got home win written all over it:

Cambridge are now more than 2/1 on Bet 365.
    One of the reasons I'm not bothering.
    I ain't treading in no cow pat in the dark after a 3-0 defeat & stinking of cow shite all the way home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another defeat on the road, 2-0 to Cambridge, they are way too good for us!!!!
  • Options
    Depends which Charlton turns up.. the Charlton that beat Sunderland,  Portsmouth and Rotherham..... or the dismal shit that turned up last Friday ( and against Lincoln )
    Can't wait for season to be over after being seduced last year by TS into buying STs for the family. Keep Dobson, Lavell, CBT  Clare and fuck the rest
  • Options
    Depends which Charlton turns up.. the Charlton that beat Sunderland,  Portsmouth and Rotherham..... or the dismal shit that turned up last Friday ( and against Lincoln )
    Can't wait for season to be over after being seduced last year by TS into buying STs for the family. Keep Dobson, Lavell, CBT  Clare and fuck the rest
    Seduced haha! Brilliant 
  • Options
    10-0 away win, lovely stuff and wouldn't make a difference at all. Roll on next season already! 

Cheers Sage for all the mid-week previews, always nice to get a slightly different preview and your input.
  • Options
    £10 to watch Cambridge/Charlton or watch Liverpool/Man Utd on Sky. Difficult choice.  

OK, I've thought about it. Charlton it is. I'm mad.
    No contest. Sky all the way. 

As that game starts at 8pm it means I can catch the first 15 mins of our match on Soccer Special & updates during the evening. 

Cant see much past another miserable defeat.

3-1.
  • Options
    Must be due a draw.
  • Options
    I've missed one game and we won at Rotherham.
    I'll be watching Liverpool v Man U tonight.
  • Options
    In the Cambridge Brewhouse having a very nice pint of stout. Hopefully, this isn’t the highlight of the evening. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!