Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Rotherham United vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 9th April 2022

When we cut out gifting outrageous opportunities, we can do the business. We were solid today from the outset and through to the final whistle. A very pleasing three points away in Yorkshire.

We defended as a team and looked to get forward when we could on the counter. We’re best when we’re operating in solid units. In terms of individual efforts, Dobson was rewarded today with a goal from a long-range effort that busted the back of the net. He also marshaled the midfield as per usual. Stockley wasn’t much of a threat in front of goal today, but he headed away every set piece ball into the box that came his way. He makes a big difference to how we defend. Washington worked hard to pressure their defence and could have had a couple on another day. Pierce, Famewo, and Clare were steady throughout. 

Clean-sheet win against a confident Rotherham limited to one shot on target. I believe that sends us into the top half of the table.

Rotherham 0 Charlton 1

Comments

• Options
    Typical Charlton! Deserved win according to the stats - five shots on target to their one 
  • Options
    I said we'd win 0-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heady days, up to 15th!
  • Options
    Fair play is all I can say. I’ve not been terribly impressed with Jackson recently - but he deserves credit for wanting to continue to be competitive and importantly to get us playing that way as well in a game many wrote us off from.

• Options
    Enough points now to avoid the drop
  • Options
    People think I'm mad for supporting Morgan, yet I give him a 6 in the ratings and somehow the worst player in our colours got an 8 from someone! 
  • Options
    How many clean sheets have we kept with Pearce in the side? Feels like a fair few. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    People think I'm mad for supporting Morgan, yet I give him a 6 in the ratings and somehow the worst player in our colours got an 8 from someone! 
    To be fair Dobson did get the goal...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I said I was confident we would get something today because Rotherham would come at us .. and that plays into our hands …. Pearce MOM this bloke is still a massive player for us can he do it for another year we need him in games like this 
  • Options
    How many clean sheets have we kept with Pearce in the side? Feels like a fair few. 
    Nine when he's in the team | Five when he's not played
  • Options
    Credit where it's due that was a good team performance, Pearcey and Famewo slotted in well in defence and if we'd shown more composure in final 3rd we could have scored more. And what a strike from our player of the season.
  • Options
    We won

We always win when Dobson scores.

Morgan 👏👏

Pearce is a warrior 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    That sort of result almost pisses me off more than the shit play, shit losses the way this season has been. Makes you wonder WTF even more. However based on this match well done, but so what.🙄👍🤷🏻‍♂️
    It’s typical Charlton and has been for a while now. In games we should be the dominate team we mainly seem to flatter to deceive - and in games like today - well we just saw that. 

What’s the betting that against Morcambe on Friday we will look piss poor again. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Check out twitter for a melt down about the manager, formation, happy chappy fans, players,  etc etc

Yes, I mean #rufc not #cafc twitter, obviously