Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard and Duchâtelet working together to sell The Valley?

Comments

• Options
    If the only source of these rumours is the usual twitter personalities I doubt there is much to worry about.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    There is no way that TS can really afford to buy The Valley at Roland’s ludicrous £50m price tag. 
    However, bearing in mind his annual losses of £5-8m it’s entirely possible that he will be considering all strategies to get some of that back including any potential property plays - all the previous owners have ended up looking at it in some way 
    He can afford it, just like I can afford to renew my season ticket right now, just don’t want too, can spend my money on better and more sensible things currently, hell of a difference between not physically having the money and affordability/choice
    Have you checked out the Zynex share price recently. The market cap is c £190m and TS owns c 40% so his current shareholding is worth c £76m. I assume that you wouldn’t want to spend 65% of your wealth on a season ticket. No doubt he will have made a decent amount from his original float but there is no way he will want to afford the purchase of The Valley 
    My point exactly, he physically has the money, so saying he can’t afford it is incorrect, he can, wanting to spend it is entirely different
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    There is no way that TS can really afford to buy The Valley at Roland’s ludicrous £50m price tag. 
    However, bearing in mind his annual losses of £5-8m it’s entirely possible that he will be considering all strategies to get some of that back including any potential property plays - all the previous owners have ended up looking at it in some way 
    He can afford it, just like I can afford to renew my season ticket right now, just don’t want too, can spend my money on better and more sensible things currently, hell of a difference between not physically having the money and affordability/choice
    Have you checked out the Zynex share price recently. The market cap is c £190m and TS owns c 40% so his current shareholding is worth c £76m. I assume that you wouldn’t want to spend 65% of your wealth on a season ticket. No doubt he will have made a decent amount from his original float but there is no way he will want to afford the purchase of The Valley 
    That assumes those shares are his only wealth.
  • Options
    I don't think the value is in the Valley, i think the value is in Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    The difficulty is that The Valley isn’t worth what Duchatelet has always wanted for it. If he’s ready to sell it for £20m someone might think it’s worth a go. Anything more probably assumes vacant possession and consent.
    We all know Roland's valuation is stupidly high so who is he going to sell it to? If he has decided to lower the price, surely he would put it out there to gain interest. I doubt Thomas is colluding with Roland on a sale.
  • Options
    I posted on here about 18 month's ago saying I would not be surprised if RD & TS are linked somewhere behind the scenes. Not saying its true but nothing would surprise me, 
    J have said for a long time that Dushitelet was only here for the land. The likes of @Airman Brown will know more than me without me having anything more than a guess.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    If the only source of these rumours is the usual twitter personalities I doubt there is much to worry about.
    To be fair some of those ‘personalities’ were the first to out Nimer & Southall… while others were falling over themselves for selfies.

Not that I’m saying I believe this rumour at all. 
  • Options
    Didn’t Sandgaard say on the CAST call that he speaks to RD regularly about the real estate, so don’t know why the shock 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Rowland wants a second go as Addick in Chief and wants to play a 3-5-2 this time (with a bigger corner unit sofa). 
  • Options
    What’s more worrying is the people who believe this crap ..
    You know nothing, go away.
    I’m popping into the Marriott, Bexleyheath tomorrow so will let you know 
  • Options
    The difficulty is that The Valley isn’t worth what Duchatelet has always wanted for it. If he’s ready to sell it for £20m someone might think it’s worth a go. Anything more probably assumes vacant possession and consent.
    I wouldn't have thought there would be too many takers Airman, we are in the biggest economic downturn in living memory and what would anyone want with a third division football club or indeed a ground with any proposed development fraught with problems.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If Sandgaard bought the Valley from Duchatelet, people on here would still moan about it.
    Why would they? Any names to your assumption? 
  • Options
    TC(Lovely Geezer) on 606 called it before news came out regards Mouthall.  The geezer is a spanner with a fondness for us.
    If you're reading this, can you pass on your thoughts please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think the value is in the Valley, i think the value is in Sparrows Lane.
    Metropolitan Open Land so protected
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    DA9 said:
    But as you know, his shareholding isn't his bank balance. Incredibly wealthy people don't bounce up and down with the price of the market, they're very diversified.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Maccn05 said:
    colthe3rd said:
    To be fair some of those ‘personalities’ were the first to out Nimer & Southall… while others were falling over themselves for selfies.

Indeed, and fair play to them for those efforts.

Just a shame it seems to have lead to a culture of having to find conspiracy in absolutely everything the current owner does.
    Agreed, It goes both ways in terms of accuracy & agenda.

My point was some on here are quick to do down anything from Twitter or that hasn’t originated on these pages… and some of those got it very wrong on ESI.

I’m not believing this rumour and if he was indeed in cahoots in any way with Roland any in way that’s not buying the Valley then I think it would be the death of Sandgaard.
  • Options
    TC(Lovely Geezer) on 606 called it before news came out regards Mouthall.  The geezer is a spanner with a fondness for us.
    If you're reading this, can you pass on your thoughts please.

• Options
    Bailey said:
    I wouldn't have thought there would be too many takers Airman, we are in the biggest economic downturn in living memory and what would anyone want with a third division football club or indeed a ground with any proposed development fraught with problems.

And yet property prices have continued to rise.  If The Valley was available at a sensible price there would be plenty of property companies interested in taking a punt on it.
  • Options

cafctom said:
    Maccn05 said:
    colthe3rd said:

Just a shame it seems to have lead to a culture of having to find conspiracy in absolutely everything the current owner does.
    I find it equally troubling that some people seem to think there should be no discussion at all because Sandgaard isn’t Southall.
    Do you believe Sandgaard has ill intentions?
  • Options

cafctom said:
    Maccn05 said:
    colthe3rd said:

I find it equally troubling that some people seem to think there should be no discussion at all because Sandgaard isn’t Southall.
    Do you believe Sandgaard has ill intentions?
    Irrelevant to the question of whether he’s competent though