Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard and Duchâtelet working together to sell The Valley?

Saw this Twitter screenshot on the Charlton Facebook group.

Comments

• Options
    I think you will find Sandgaard has an option to purchase the valley ahead of any other offer. He could agree to let RD sell and give up that option. 
  • Options
    Or maybe Roland sells it to Thomas to who sells it to someone else and we build a brand new stadium on Swanscombe Peninsula
  • Options
    I think you will find Sandgaard has an option to purchase the valley ahead of any other offer. He could agree to let RD sell and give up that option. 
    He does? Never knew that. Presume Sandgaard would have to match the highest offer Roland could get elsewhere?
  • Options

if such an option exists where is the benefit to Sandgaard?

TS just ends up with a new landlord.
  • Options

• Options
    Guy's tweets are protected so no idea if he's got a response
  • Options
    Why do people go out of the way to make this stuff up? And why do people go out of their way to believe it? 
    Didn’t post it because I believe it, just interested to hear if others beyond a few TS doubters on Twitter had heard anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Why do people go out of the way to make this stuff up? And why do people go out of their way to believe it? 
    Didn’t post it because I believe it, just interested to hear if others beyond a few TS doubters on Twitter had heard anything.
    Wasn’t aimed at you mate. Appreciate you posting it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Interesting tweet if any truth in it.  In the recent Q&A it was interesting TS said something when asked about buying the Valley like he was talking with RD and might get "property people" involved or similar.

As @Henry Irving says above TS would just end up with a new landlord if it was a straight sale.  But of course we only have 14years left on our lease I believe.  Crystal Palace got incredibly lucky that there landlord ROC went bust at the same time they did in the GFC or I suspect they may have been kicked out by a property landlord who clearly only bought Selhurst for a future property development play.
  • Options
    to many people over estimate how much money the valley is worth and in a time of economic trouble. not counting the cost of demolition. just love to wind themselves up.
  • Options
    Was it started on Friday......ie April Fools day  ?
  • Options
    What if there's an element of fact, but the 3rd party they speak of, is a holdings company of Sandgaard?

Got a feeling I know who the source possibly is, so I'm giving it a little bit of weight tbh
  • Options
    There is no way that TS can really afford to buy The Valley at Roland’s ludicrous £50m price tag. 
    However, bearing in mind his annual losses of £5-8m it’s entirely possible that he will be considering all strategies to get some of that back including any potential property plays - all the previous owners have ended up looking at it in some way 
  • Options
    If TS,s option to buy is at an agreed price, with a guarantee 15 year lease. Then potentially there is a deal to be had.

if a potential new buyer, has come along. RD may be offering TS a financial incentive to tear up his deal with RD. Especially if the purchaser was offering a bigger price than the option held by TS. 

As said as long as he doesn’t give up the 15 year lease we have then initially no problem. However, could be seen as a sign that TS… is waivering on future the purchase of the Valley.

PURE SPECULATION I KNOW NOTHING.. JUST SAYING WHY TS WOULD POSSIBLY CONSIDER THE NOTION OF A DEAL WITH RD.
  • Options
    This is from the write-up of the CAST Q&A:

Tom and Rosh asked whether TS had considered some friendly investors to share the load. TS said that he had not at this time, and that it’s probably not necessary. One possibility is a potential acquisition of the Valley and the training ground, but it might make more business sense to have some friendly real estate investors. He said that it might also be that we end up in “that weird place in the Championship where it would take a long time and a lot of money to get into the Premier League”. He said that he thinks he can avoid that by “just being smarter about how we run this business.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would bugger up all off the season ticket renewal forms as there is a big focus on the return to the valley 😉.
  • Options
    So, we are off to the peninsula. Has anyone seen the plans of our new stadium?
  • Options
    Heard from a good source we’re going to be sharing The New Den.
  • Options
    Heard from a good source we’re going to be sharing The New Den.
    Never been there, and don’t particularly want to go there. 
    Plough Lane’s round the corner though 😉
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    There is no way that TS can really afford to buy The Valley at Roland’s ludicrous £50m price tag. 
    However, bearing in mind his annual losses of £5-8m it’s entirely possible that he will be considering all strategies to get some of that back including any potential property plays - all the previous owners have ended up looking at it in some way 
    He can afford it, just like I can afford to renew my season ticket right now, just don’t want too, can spend my money on better and more sensible things currently, hell of a difference between not physically having the money and affordability/choice
    Have you checked out the Zynex share price recently. The market cap is c £190m and TS owns c 40% so his current shareholding is worth c £76m. I assume that you wouldn’t want to spend 65% of your wealth on a season ticket. No doubt he will have made a decent amount from his original float but there is no way he will want to afford the purchase of The Valley 
  • Options
    The difficulty is that The Valley isn’t worth what Duchatelet has always wanted for it. If he’s ready to sell it for £20m someone might think it’s worth a go. Anything more probably assumes vacant possession and consent.