Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cambridge United (a) tickets to go on sale - moved to Tuesday night :-(

Comments

• Options
    this fucking season honestly
  • Options
    Annoying as anything. Bought ticket and expecting it to be the Tuesday. Probably been too more Tuesday away matches this season than Saturday’s.
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    It will most likely be wigans game against Cambridge on the Friday moved so are game on the Monday would need to be moved
    Even on Friday, Rotherham vs Ipswich and MKD vs Wednesday look more attractive than Wigan vs Cambridge

Or in the Championship Bournemouth vs Boro, Luton vs Forest, Preston vs Millwall.
    Can Wigan secure promotion if they beat Cambridge ?  Are they playing their games in hand before the Easter weekend so could be top & a chance to secure promotion.

Or it could just be Sky need to show Cambridge before the end of the season. 
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    It will most likely be wigans game against Cambridge on the Friday moved so are game on the Monday would need to be moved
    Even on Friday, Rotherham vs Ipswich and MKD vs Wednesday look more attractive than Wigan vs Cambridge

Or in the Championship Bournemouth vs Boro, Luton vs Forest, Preston vs Millwall.
    Can Wigan secure promotion if they beat Cambridge ?  Are they playing their games in hand before the Easter weekend so could be top & a chance to secure promotion.

Or it could just be Sky need to show Cambridge before the end of the season. 
    don't think Sky have any obligation to show any sides below the championship
  • Options
    Was planning on bringing my other half to this, considering the amount of weekends away I’ve done for football this season.

Gave it the right big one - booked a hotel the night before, told her we’d do a weekend looking around the town etc. 

Now I’ve already bought two tickets, I can’t wait to tell her that the trip is now likely to be nothing more than two mid-table sides battle it out in a 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night. 

This exact same thing happened for Gillingham earlier in the season, and after that match she genuinely asked: “So what is it that keeps you coming every week?”
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Was planning on bringing my other half to this, considering the amount of weekends away I’ve done for football this season.

Gave it the right big one - booked a hotel the night before, told her we’d do a weekend looking around the town etc. 

Now I’ve already bought two tickets, I can’t wait to tell her that the trip is now likely to be nothing more than two mid-table sides battle it out in a 0-0 draw on a Tuesday night. 

This exact same thing happened for Gillingham earlier in the season, and after that match she genuinely asked: “So what is it that keeps you coming every week?”
    Yep Hotel booked as well, I can’t make the rearranged date , was hoping to tie the two together, could really do with a break, still going to go up there for the weekend at least I won’t have the ballache of seeing us lose and being at the game, every cloud has a silver lining I guess!
  • Options

The matches below will now be live on SKY.

Friday 15 April - Luton Town v Nottingham Forest - 1230

Friday 15 April - AFC Bournemouth v Middlesbrough - 1500

Friday 15 April - Huddersfield Town v Queens Park Rangers - 1730

Friday 15 April - Derby County v Fulham - 2000

Saturday 16 April - Rotherham United v Ipswich Town - 1230

Saturday 16 April - Wigan Athletic vs Cambridge United - 1715

Saturday 16 April - Milton Keynes Dons v Sheffield Wednesday - 1945

Monday 18 April - Middlesbrough v Huddersfield Town - 1230

Monday 18 April - Plymouth Argyle v Sunderland - 1500

Monday 18 April - Bristol City v Sheffield United - 1730

Monday 18 April - Nottingham Forest v West Bromwich Albion - 2000

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the 10:14PM train catachable on the way back?
  • Options

Cambridge Station

Cambridge Rail station is located in the city centre and is a 25-30 minute walk from the ground. To get to the ground walk away from the station along Station Road and take the first right, (Tenison Road). Take the first right again, (Devonshire Road), follow this round to the left, up to the next junction. Turn right - again - onto Mill Road. Walk over the railway bridge, then take the third left, (Sedgewick Street). Follow this road, pass a set of traffic calming barriers, and shops (at this point you are in Cromwell Road) to a T-junction, (Coldham's Lane). Ahead of you should be a large field (Coldham's Common). Go into this field and follow a path under the railway bridge to the away turnstiles.

There are regular services to and from Cambridge Railway Station, where taxis are available or the Citibus C3 service runs from the station every ten minutes during the day and at longer intervals in the evenings.

Cambridge North

There is also now a new station in the city, Cambridge North, nearby in Chesterton. Not every train stops there however and it is approximately a 30 minute walk to the ground.

Coming out of Cambridge North Station, turn to the left and walk through the Bike Parking area and onto the Cycle/Footpath running parallel with the train tracks. This leads to a Cul-de-Sac called Moss Bank. On exiting Moss Bank, turn right on Fen Road. Continue straight on Fen Road (and later Water Street) for about 1/2 a mile until you reach the Green Dragon Pub. At the pub, cross the river using the footbridge and then cross over Stourbridge Common to join Oyster Row and Garlic Row. At the end of Garlic Row you will join Newmarket Road - turn left, cross over the railway lines and you will see the stadium on your right.

• Options
    Saturday 16 April - Wigan Athletic vs Cambridge United - 1715

Wigan play in front of a half empty stadium and Cambridge rarely sell out a stadium that holds under 10k. Just who do they think is going to watch that on TV?
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:

All 3 games moved back to Saturday. Presumably that means that up to SIX games on Monday will have to be moved back as well
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:

All 3 games moved back to Saturday. Presumably that means that up to SIX games on Monday will have to be moved back as well
    Wednesday fans fuming for example

• Options
    61 tickets sold.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    shirty5 said:
    What happened to the days of playing Easter Saturday and then Easter Monday? Game’s gone soft 
    More like Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Monday. 3 games in 4 days.
    No it's not.
  • Options
    clive said:

Cambridge Station

Cambridge Rail station is located in the city centre and is a 25-30 minute walk from the ground. To get to the ground walk away from the station along Station Road and take the first right, (Tenison Road). Take the first right again, (Devonshire Road), follow this round to the left, up to the next junction. Turn right - again - onto Mill Road. Walk over the railway bridge, then take the third left, (Sedgewick Street). Follow this road, pass a set of traffic calming barriers, and shops (at this point you are in Cromwell Road) to a T-junction, (Coldham's Lane). Ahead of you should be a large field (Coldham's Common). Go into this field and follow a path under the railway bridge to the away turnstiles.

There are regular services to and from Cambridge Railway Station, where taxis are available or the Citibus C3 service runs from the station every ten minutes during the day and at longer intervals in the evenings.

Cambridge North

There is also now a new station in the city, Cambridge North, nearby in Chesterton. Not every train stops there however and it is approximately a 30 minute walk to the ground.

Coming out of Cambridge North Station, turn to the left and walk through the Bike Parking area and onto the Cycle/Footpath running parallel with the train tracks. This leads to a Cul-de-Sac called Moss Bank. On exiting Moss Bank, turn right on Fen Road. Continue straight on Fen Road (and later Water Street) for about 1/2 a mile until you reach the Green Dragon Pub. At the pub, cross the river using the footbridge and then cross over Stourbridge Common to join Oyster Row and Garlic Row. At the end of Garlic Row you will join Newmarket Road - turn left, cross over the railway lines and you will see the stadium on your right.

This info is now out if date as bridge has opened to shorten route to Cambridge North (see earlier in thread)
  • Options
    WTAFF - my nephew lives near Cambridge and was going to join my son and I for only his second ever Charlton game. His last being the Play Off Semi versus Doncaster - what a night that was. Anyhow, mega p*ssed as I can’t now make this work, due to work commitments on the Tuesday 🤬
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God help us if we ever get promoted or dare I say it get back in the Prem, or even have a cup run. It’s not right, but fixture changes are part of football (sadly). 
  • Options
    God help us if we ever get promoted or dare I say it get back in the Prem, or even have a cup run. It’s not right, but fixture changes are part of football (sadly). 
    It is massively disruptive to change games at such short notice though, especially over an Easter weekend where due to Sky shifting 3 games from Friday to Saturday, FIVE games on BH Monday will now have to be shifted to Tuesday evening
  • Options
    Now they’ve put 2 games on the same date, now that’s going to make it difficult … 
    Kick off times move to 11.30 and 19.45, no problem.
  • Options
    If we ever make the premiership again , I would bail out.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    If we ever make the premiership again , I would bail out.
    OAP prices then.
  • Options
    Pain in the arse!

So we'll be staying in Cambridge for 3 nights and now we'll be doing touristy stuff with Cambridge v Wigan playing instead.

I should find out when and where the CEO of Sky takes his holiday and change something to ruin his plans. 

• Options
    Pain in the arse!

So we'll be staying in Cambridge for 3 nights and now we'll be doing touristy stuff with Cambridge v Wigan playing instead.

I should find out when and where the CEO of Sky takes his holiday and change something to ruin his plans. 

Just you turning up there would be enough....😆
  • Options

Just you turning up there would be enough....😆
    Ha, ha. I'd take my brother and get him to stick  near him:

'It might be sunny now but it's sure to rain tomorrow.'
    'You may be winning at beach volleyball now but you're bound to slip up.'
    'Your wife's looking good in her swimsuit now but she'll be fat by the end of the holiday '
    'Don't hire a car, it'll probably breakdown '
    Etc etc
  • Options
    Cambridge is a pretty decent tourist venue if you find yourself stuck there. Some pretty good museums if that's your thing, or some ancient pubs if not. Lots of interesting eating places. The standard tourist thing of wandering around gawping at the college buildings, which ought to be open on Easter weekend as the students won't be there. If anything, a time outside peak tourist season but also with few students is the ideal time to wander around. And if you need a football fix, the local non-league derby is at Histon FC on the Monday afternoon. It's 4 steps below the league so don't expect wondrous quality, but it's football and tends to attract a decent crowd, especially when it doesn't clash with a United game.