Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car Stolen from Charlton Tonight

Whilst at tonight's match, my son had his car stolen.  He was parked on the industrial estate.

Be grateful if people could look out for a black Fiesta, EU65 WGC.

Thanks.

Comments

• Sorry to hear that having had my cars broken into int the past as well.
  • Ffs, sorry to hear that mate. 
  • Ah man, this crap. Sorry to hear Stig 
  • Could the police have taken it to the police pound on the Charlton/Greenwich borders, if it was causing an obstruction or such like? It happened to me once. 
  • That really sucks. Did he have a CAFC sticker in the window?
  • Could the police have taken it to the police pound on the Charlton/Greenwich borders, if it was causing an obstruction or such like? It happened to me once. 
    He phoned the police and they said they haven't got it. 
  • That really sucks. Did he have a CAFC sticker in the window?
    No, no stickers. But I guess it's a good bet that most of the cars down there will be Charlton fans'.
  • edited March 2022
    Stig said:
    Whilst at tonight's match, my son had his car stolen.  He was parked on the industrial estate.

Be grateful if people could look out for a black Fiesta, EU65 WGC.

Thanks.
    Sorry to hear that. I hope they get the bastards.

• There's been lots of fiesta's going in the local area the past couple of weeks, worth posting up on Facebook groups, there's a "Stolen Wheels in Kent and London" which is very good.

Unfortunately Fords in particular they have found a vulnerability, they pop the boot, climb in and burn a key within 30 seconds.
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words and advice.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Stig, sorry to hear about your sons loss, hope he has some joy, stuff like this makes me mad!
  • Am I right in thinking that thieves can start Fiestas of that generation by plugging something into the ODB port?
  • Ffs - sorry to read of this mate.  Hope they find it.  Shitty thing to happen 
  • Am I right in thinking that thieves can start Fiestas of that generation by plugging something into the ODB port?
    Yes, they pop the boot as for some reason that doesn't set off the alarm. Plug into the OBD Port and a £20 machine burns a new key code and deletes all the old one's, disarms alarm and immobiliser etc etc and off they go.

Manufacturers need to wake up, part of me thinks they don't care as often just means they sell more cars. Land Rover are one of the worst.
  • Sorry to hear that, having had my car stolen previously a few years back at a night game I know just how much of a pain in the arse it is.

scumbags 
    BMWs had a huge problem with that too. To the extent that you could actually buy a locking cover for the port!
  • Why do car thieves seem able to take cars with impunity? You never hear about them being disturbed and getting their heads kicked in.
  • Probably be found in Medway somewhere, someone used it as a taxi to get home.
  • My car has something called an ADR system. That stands for automatic driver recognition. It came as standard with the electrics buried somewhere in the wiring loom during manufacture. But I believe there are aftermarket options available. Basically you carry a little tag around with you. If that's not in the car, even if the key has been cloned, the car will send a signal to Vodaphone Automotive, and they'll start tracking the car and phone you to check if all is okay. While also liaising with the plod.

It seems to work, in that for some reason my local Screwfix is a dead spot for the tag so they call me there every time as they are not picking up a signal. But that's the only problem I've noticed. I think if they believe it is safe to do so they can override everything and immobolise the car.

(You also have to pre-notify them if the car is moving but not under its own power. Like on a ferry or trailer or something.)
  • I dunno, is all this actually better than, you know, a key? Is it really helpful to get a call every time you pop out for some bulbs or something?

Hope you get your car back @Stig
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    You would think they can be found with CCTV nowadays. The same way they find those who haven't paid their road tax. Although maybe the car was stolen for parts, being a popular model. The people who do this should be caught and you would hope the Police are trying to do this.
  • My neigbours have made some comments, as my car is fitted with a good old fashion crocklock (moden version), my wife bought me the crocklock as a Christmas present a couple years ago so i have to use it, as I would not hear the last of it if the car is stolen. 
  • You would think they can be found with CCTV nowadays. The same way they find those who haven't paid their road tax. Although maybe the car was stolen for parts, being a popular model. The people who do this should be caught and you would hope the Police are trying to do this.
    Sadly not a hope in hell of that happening.

Our car got nicked a few years ago. Reported it and a couple of days later got a letter saying the case was closed. Whilst I hardly expected the cream of Scotland Yard to investigate, they put no effort into finding it even though the area the car was nicked in was covered in CCTV cameras.

Afraid car theft is one of the crimes the police have given up on.
  • You would think they can be found with CCTV nowadays. The same way they find those who haven't paid their road tax. Although maybe the car was stolen for parts, being a popular model. The people who do this should be caught and you would hope the Police are trying to do this.

Our car got nicked a few years ago. Reported it and a couple of days later got a letter saying the case was closed. Whilst I hardly expected the cream of Scotland Yard to investigate, they put no effort into finding it even though the area the car was nicked in was covered in CCTV cameras.

As I suspected. And with CCTV that is available you would think it was easier for them. I saw a car clamped the other day with a notice that it had not been taxed. How was that car found?

As I suspected. And with CCTV that is available you would think it was easier for them. I saw a car clamped the other day with a notice that it had not been taxed. How was that car found?
    DVLA drive around with ANPR cameras .
  • cloned plates will probably be put on it. Will only be found by police if the car is used in crime, it’s stopped and the vin number checked.

Or reported to DVLA by someone they had upset.

https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle

Morrisons car park Welling?