Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 Gillingham tickets for free

13»

Comments

• 9,728 attendance has been supplied on our official site, this is interesting as I am sure we have 9,000 season ticket holders.
    They said it’s punters at the game now that they’re announcing .

• 9,728 attendance has been supplied on our official site, this is interesting as I am sure we have 9,000 season ticket holders.
    We have over 10k ST holders.
  • There was a guy driving up Charlton lane before the game clutching a handful of tickets and asking if anyone wanted them,there wasnt much interest.
    2 of our 5 didn't bother. 
  • edited March 2022
    Attendances released, it has always been including tickets sold/comps. etc.
    We have a hell of a lot of them that didn’t go tonight 
  • shirty5 said:
    9,728 attendance has been supplied on our official site, this is interesting as I am sure we have 9,000 season ticket holders.
    This now gets very interesting, from announcing gates including all tickets sold/comps, tonight (seemingly), the actual gate is released.
    Why is rhis?
  • shirty5 said:
    9,728 attendance has been supplied on our official site, this is interesting as I am sure we have 9,000 season ticket holders.
    This now gets very interesting, from announcing gates including all tickets sold/comps, tonight (seemingly), the actual gate is released.
    Why is rhis?
    The same happened against MK Dons 5 weeks ago. Sandgaard is going the other route of people on seats in the ground which the EFL will ask why if an attendance is given out which is less in their eyes it should be 
  • shirty5 said:
    Why is rhis?
    Tommy’s wife announced it on Facebook about three weeks ago. She said they had listened to fans complaining about the inflated attendance figures being given out so from that date attendance figures would be based on bodies that clicked through the turnstiles.

So if you have a season ticket and do not attend you won’t be counted in the attendance.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Why is rhis?
    Tommy’s wife announced it on Facebook about three weeks ago. She said they had listened to fans complaining about the inflated attendance figures being given out so from that date attendance figures would be based on bodies that clicked through the turnstiles.

So if you have a season ticket and do not attend you won’t be counted in the attendance.
    Good, I prefer it this way.
    I have always found it frustrating not knowing the real figures for games.  Under the Belgians there must have been times when there was near to 5,000 Charlton in the ground but gates were announced as a lot more.
  • Obviously AFKA had already posted Lucy Bishop's tweets.
    I must have read them because I quoted them.
    Silly man.
    To what end, then? I'd already posted that I'd seen them. I'd already replied to Lucy Bishop. They have discontinued using the block.

Yes, if I'd realised they were still using it for that game I'd have used block C, or west block Q or G or J, or pointed out that they will also have issued AC block A and B and west block H and R, and seats in the Covered End lower, and the front of AC blocks D and E. Mea culpa. Fact remains they have issued thousands upon thousands of tickets that won't be used. Again.
    Exactly, you tweeted the view of block ESH showing there were only 3 seats available in it.
    You hadn't realised that the tickets had already been "allocated" because Gillingham is a rearranged fixture.

You said "Either CAFC fans are suddenly attracted by the prospect of a midweek game with Gillingham off the back of a run of seven games without a win, or the club has given away thousands more tickets. I think we know which it is ....."

Then, when Lucy stated that there were thousands of tickets available to buy, you didn't say sorry I got it wrong, you simply doubled down.

So you are intimating that there won't be a high demand for tickets, yet at the same time complain that the club have given away thousands. Even though Lucy has said there are thousands available.

Yes, the fact remains that thousands of freebies have been issued, that won't be used again and many fans aren't happy with the way this is being organised, me being one of them.

I also acknowledge that some fans can't buy seats to sit with existing ticket holders, which is also not great.
    But as there will be thousands of available places to sit, then they can buy a ticket as close as possible and still sit together.

The club communicated this week, their acknowledgement that they need to improve, so I feel they deserve a bit of leeway (not that I'm confident that they will get it right).

I understand you're a must have the last word type of guy, which is why most people won't ever challenge you, but as you insulted me unnecessarily the other day, I thought I'd pick you up on your error.

Apologies, to one and all.
    I quite enjoy being challenged - thought you’d realise that. Anyway, block H was virtually empty. Police rank and file had been told the crowd would be 18k, they told me. I very much doubt the safety officer had told the senior officers to expect that. Club expectation at lunchtime was 10k. Announced was 
    9,728 (1,559 from Gillingham) - so marginally. more home fans than v MK Dons.
    Considering it was midweek , bottom  half of league 1 and we have nothing to play for.
    8000 home fans for us is blinding.
    Next season needs to be the season for us.
  • edited March 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Why is rhis?

Good, I prefer it this way.
    I have always found it frustrating not knowing the real figures for games.  Under the Belgians there must have been times when there was near to 5,000 Charlton in the ground but gates were announced as a lot more.
    The “floor” under RD appeared to be about 6k - don’t think it ever went to 5k. Club reckons about six in ten season ticket/holders are attending - it  rarely gets much above eight  in ten in my experience. Obviously it is not the same people missing every game, but it is a false assumption that everybody who buys a ST intends to attend every match, especially younger children, fans who live further away, people who work shifts etc. This is exacerbated by the cheapest adult tickets, which make it cost-effective even if you only go to about half the games.

As I’ve explained in this VOTV, I doubt if these announced attendances can be the “official” attendance as these are in a format prescribed  by the EFL in their gate return, but I believe the club can announce anything it likes and these may well become the basis of future records. It would certainly have been absurd to have announced circa 18k last night based on having issued many thousands of unused comps (and absent STs).
  • There was a guy driving up Charlton lane before the game clutching a handful of tickets and asking if anyone wanted them,there wasnt much interest.
    Did he have a guitar on his back?
  • Anyone ST holder planning on non attendance for the Lincoln game.  Looking for a pair for overseas Charlton fans on a budget ! (tight fisted bustard also).
    Because most people already have tickets
  • shine166 said:
    There was a guy driving up Charlton lane before the game clutching a handful of tickets and asking if anyone wanted them,there wasnt much interest.
    Because most people already have tickets
    Most people yes. I k ow someone who needed/wanted a free or cheap ticket so went along on spec, living locally but only likely to stay for first half (work commitment, nhs). Nothing offered . So all the talk of comps and spares and guys offering up handfuls, no doubt interesting but in actuality tickets rarely seem to appear at the ground at or before game time.