Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 Gillingham tickets for free

Comments

• clive said:
    They really don't learn do they? That tosh from Mumford saying they now saw all the mistakes and would be talking to supporters to get a clue and yet here they are dumping loads more tickets which will be left unused and the ground empty. All this and yet I have more contact from them in the last week than all season but they are pleading with me to buy a ticket. I will watch from the comfort of my TV, so I can switch it off it if gets too bad. 
  • Our 3 season tickets won’t be getting used for the 3rd home game in a row.
    Neither will mine.
    Sad times 
    Neither will our two. Given quite a few games a miss.
  • I think we should give the club a few games or even the start of next season to sort the ticket fiasco out.
  • clive said:
    They really don't learn do they? That tosh from Mumford saying they now saw all the mistakes and would be talking to supporters to get a clue and yet here they are dumping loads more tickets which will be left unused and the ground empty. All this and yet I have more contact from them in the last week than all season but they are pleading with me to buy a ticket. I will watch from the comfort of my TV, so I can switch it off it if gets too bad. 
    Except that does not seem to be entirely true or fair given the follow up messages from the fans advisor.
  • clive said:
    I don’t understand this @Airman Brown

That may well be the case but you’ve used the block where the vast majority of the seats are automatically blocked out for the Trust every game and they rarely sell hardly any tickets to ‘fans’ for?
    Also a midweek game.

Has he seen attendances at midweek games, half the stadium is empty anyway, pretty sure a few complimentary tickets are not gonna make a bit of difference.

But seems to be the "IN" thing atm, Charlton fans have to moan about something on twitter, I have more Charlton fans blocked than anyone else, #CAFC has been ridiculous the last few months, this weekend I saw someone blaming Skiverton, bloke has been at the club a few weeks what are they expecting 
    This x1000. 
    Extraordinary levels of moaning from some.  We are getting to a stage where we will scare off owner and no one else will want the bother.  
  • clive said:
    Except that does not seem to be entirely true or fair given the follow up messages from the fans advisor.
    The fans’ adviser has clarified the position with that block. She hasn’t addressed the fact that thousands of tickets have obviously been given away all round the ground and that once again people can’t buy the seats they want because of it. There may be “thousands” of seats available but how many thousands have been given away? Rather more, I think.
  • clive said:
    I've had a look, there are more than enough tickets for sale.
    I know it's not great, but bear in mind this is a rearranged fixture and some tickets were likely distributed before the postponement.
    Plus Rick tweeted the block that has been given over to CACT for some time.
    I wonder why?
  • edited March 2022
    clive said:
    I've had a look, there are more than enough tickets for sale.
    I know it's not great, but bear in mind this is a rearranged fixture and some tickets were likely distributed before the postponement.
    Plus Rick tweeted the block that has been given over to CACT for some time.
    I wonder why?
    As explained it’s not the block CACT is given now. It would have been better if it had been west Q or G, with hindsight, but the point stands that many thousands of tickets have again been dumped. What was the club doing giving away so many tickets for the Christmas holiday local derby, if they did? And even tonight random mates are being offered batches of free tickets.

https://twitter.com/josie_everitt/status/1503451754851094540?s=21
  • I really don't get it, comps make money from catering and beverages surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    I really don't get it, comps make money from catering and beverages surely?
    Not if they are unused, and the outlets are franchised out anyway. It’s pennies at the numbers attending.
  • edited March 2022
    Keep up. She’s also said that block is no longer being used this way. It’s not “traditionally” used in this way, it was an innovation a few years back, there were no fans for most of 20/21 and now it’s been moved. I accept it was for Gillingham because that was originally in December, but it’s not untypical of the stadium for this match. Is it also why there are so few tickets available in west Q? Or G?

• edited March 2022
    Cut to the chase - first decent owner we have had in a long time (and I do believe that) - but no experience in British football - making mistakes - Charlton are in Div 3 of the Football League - and team is playing like dog dirt - I’ve seen this before….

But Charlton supporters possibly (or did) driving another owner out - seen that before as well….

And certain owners quite correctly driven out

But - be careful what you wish for ….

I - and many others - have seen it all before

We won’t go down - in my opinion - but certainly a horrendous season 

I do believe we have a decent owner however 

The fact that the club has got in contact with Rick - albeit after some time ….. 👍
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I really don't get it, comps make money from catering and beverages surely?
    so lets scrap admission prices for all about getting people in, or are us season ticket holders being poorly
  • Keep up. She’s also said that block is no longer being used this way. It’s not “traditionally” used in this way, it was an innovation a few years back, there were no fans for most of 20/21 and now it’s been moved. I accept it was for Gillingham because that was originally in December, but it’s not untypical of the stadium for this match. Is it also why there are so few tickets available in west Q? Or G?

Glad you've caught up at last and realised that these 500 tickets for Gillingham were assigned back in December ahead of the original fixture. Nice editing. Silly man. 
  • Keep up. She’s also said that block is no longer being used this way. It’s not “traditionally” used in this way, it was an innovation a few years back, there were no fans for most of 20/21 and now it’s been moved. I accept it was for Gillingham because that was originally in December, but it’s not untypical of the stadium for this match. Is it also why there are so few tickets available in west Q? Or G?

Glad you've caught up at last and realised that these 500 tickets for Gillingham were assigned back in December ahead of the original fixture. Nice editing. Silly man. 
    I haven't edited it to insert that retrospectively. You just missed it. I edited it to insert the map of west stand G.
  • Keep digging  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Keep digging  :D
    Pleasure, as it's you who is in a hole. AFKA had already posted Lucy Bishop's tweet much further up the thread, which you hadn't read, and I'd replied to her on Twitter. So the idea I didn't know that and/or hadn't acknowledged it is provably false. Block H is a red herring anyway. There are any number of blocks I could have used.
  • Obviously AFKA had already posted Lucy Bishop's tweets.
    I must have read them because I quoted them.
    Silly man.
  • edited March 2022
    Obviously AFKA had already posted Lucy Bishop's tweets.
    Silly man.
    To what end, then? I'd already posted that I'd seen them. I'd already replied to Lucy Bishop. They have discontinued using the block.

Yes, if I'd realised they were still using it for that game I'd have used block C, or west block Q or G or J, or pointed out that they will also have issued AC block A and B and west block H and R, and seats in the Covered End lower, and the front of AC blocks D and E. Mea culpa. Fact remains they have issued thousands upon thousands of tickets that won't be used. Again.
  • edited March 2022
    Silly man.
    To what end, then? I'd already posted that I'd seen them. I'd already replied to Lucy Bishop. They have discontinued using the block.

Yes, if I'd realised they were still using it for that game I'd have used block C, or west block Q or G or J, or pointed out that they will also have issued AC block A and B and west block H and R, and seats in the Covered End lower, and the front of AC blocks D and E. Mea culpa. Fact remains they have issued thousands upon thousands of tickets that won't be used. Again.
    Exactly, you tweeted the view of block ESH showing there were only 3 seats available in it.
    You hadn't realised that the tickets had already been "allocated" because Gillingham is a rearranged fixture.

You said "Either CAFC fans are suddenly attracted by the prospect of a midweek game with Gillingham off the back of a run of seven games without a win, or the club has given away thousands more tickets. I think we know which it is ....."

Then, when Lucy stated that there were thousands of tickets available to buy, you didn't say sorry I got it wrong, you simply doubled down.

So you are intimating that there won't be a high demand for tickets, yet at the same time complain that the club have given away thousands. Even though Lucy has said there are thousands available.

Yes, the fact remains that thousands of freebies have been issued, that won't be used again and many fans aren't happy with the way this is being organised, me being one of them.

I also acknowledge that some fans can't buy seats to sit with existing ticket holders, which is also not great.
    But as there will be thousands of available places to sit, then they can buy a ticket as close as possible and still sit together.

The club communicated this week, their acknowledgement that they need to improve, so I feel they deserve a bit of leeway (not that I'm confident that they will get it right).

I understand you're a must have the last word type of guy, which is why most people won't ever challenge you, but as you insulted me unnecessarily the other day, I thought I'd pick you up on your error.

Apologies, to one and all.
  • Anyone have a spare they could email ! 
    Can’t bare to pay based on performance and the freebie crisis ? 
    DM pls - 45 years of support ! 
  • Obviously AFKA had already posted Lucy Bishop's tweets.
    Silly man.

Exactly, you tweeted the view of block ESH showing there were only 3 seats available in it.
    You hadn't realised that the tickets had already been "allocated" because Gillingham is a rearranged fixture.

You said "Either CAFC fans are suddenly attracted by the prospect of a midweek game with Gillingham off the back of a run of seven games without a win, or the club has given away thousands more tickets. I think we know which it is ....."

Then, when Lucy stated that there were thousands of tickets available to buy, you didn't say sorry I got it wrong, you simply doubled down.

So you are intimating that there won't be a high demand for tickets, yet at the same time complain that the club have given away thousands. Even though Lucy has said there are thousands available.

Yes, the fact remains that thousands of freebies have been issued, that won't be used again and many fans aren't happy with the way this is being organised, me being one of them.

I also acknowledge that some fans can't buy seats to sit with existing ticket holders, which is also not great.
    But as there will be thousands of available places to sit, then they can buy a ticket as close as possible and still sit together.

The club communicated this week, their acknowledgement that they need to improve, so I feel they deserve a bit of leeway (not that I'm confident that they will get it right).

I understand you're a must have the last word type of guy, which is why most people won't ever challenge you, but as you insulted me unnecessarily the other day, I thought I'd pick you up on your error.

I take it you won't be buying tonight's Voice of The Valley.
    What no freebies for anyone ? 😆
  • edited March 2022
    Silly man.

I quite enjoy being challenged - thought you’d realise that. Anyway, block H was virtually empty. Police rank and file had been told the crowd would be 18k, they told me. I very much doubt the safety officer had told the senior officers to expect that. Club expectation at lunchtime was 10k. Announced was 
    9,728 (1,559 from Gillingham) - so marginally. more home fans than v MK Dons.
  • 9,728 attendance has been supplied on our official site, this is interesting as I am sure we have 9,000 season ticket holders.