Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year dinner set for May 1st

Charlton Athletic's Fans’ Forum invites supporters to join together at the 2022 Player of the Year dinner at The Valley.  
The dinner will take place in the Fans' Bar in the Covered End on Sunday, May 1st with doors opening at 6pm. A three-course meal will be served from 7pm once the players and management team have taken their seats, with the bar open from 6pm until late. 

Tickets will go on sale for the event from 11am on Monday, March 21st and you can book your place by visiting the Ticket Office in person, by ringing the Ticket Office on 03330 144444 or online by visiting booking.cafc.co.uk.

All transactions are by credit card only and there is an additional admin fee of £2.50 for telephone & £1.50 for online purchases. When booking you will be asked to provide your name (as an individual or as head of your party) and contact details in case there are any queries. Please also indicate the number of vegan/vegetarian meals and any additional dietary requirements for members of your group.

The cost for this event is £45 pp with concessions available for one carer per disabled supporter, which may be purchased at a cost of £23. Tickets will be limited to a maximum of 10 per person to give as many supporters as possible the chance to attend this popular event. It may not be possible to increase the number of tickets purchased at a later date, therefore we urge you to make contact with your group prior to booking and to book under one person’s name. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/621cef8c6c1ec/player-of-the-year-dinner-set-for-may-1st

Comments

• Options
    Not planning on attending but do wonder why there is admin fees on this. 
  • Options
    I don’t understand why they can’t just include it in the price. There’s a number of occasions where I’ve not bought tickets or other stuff because of this. It can be self defeating.
  • Options
    Is there a menu in order to peruse the choices?
  • Options
    Could be tricky as my wedding anniversary........
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    She won’t mind, send her along instead!
  • Options
    Today is my 29th.
    How we have survived thus far is an enduring mystery.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I don’t understand why they can’t just include it in the price. There’s a number of occasions where I’ve not bought tickets or other stuff because of this. It can be self defeating.
    Not sure if it's a VAT / tax thing?
  • Options
    This is not a club event. The ticket price of £45 is set by the organisers. The admin charge is made by the club for using their box office to sell the tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Today is my 29th.
    Wait until you have done 45yrs, my MRS deserves a medal as big as a frying pan
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm SO looking forward to meeting Mrs Rob7Lee ! 
  • Options
    What if none of the players deserve the POTY award?
  • Options
    Maybe noone should vote, at all, to show them we think they've massively underperformed this season and we shouldn't be accepting mediocrity
  • Options
    Credit card only, does that mean debit cards aren't accepted?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Maybe noone should vote, at all, to show them we think they've massively underperformed this season and we shouldn't be accepting mediocrity
    Your choice but others can vote as they see fit.

Hard to see anyone other than Dobson winning it but big Mac might get a few votes.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Today is my 29th.
    Congratulations Seth
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We have been shite but that would be mean on Dobson who is clearly going to win by a landslide and has given 100% and put his body on the line.  I don't dislike many of these players we have currently, they just don't seem good enough.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Today is my 29th.
    We’d get it announced over the tannoy but you’ve told us a thousand times you won’t be able to understand it… :-) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm SO looking forward to meeting Mrs Rob7Lee ! 
    I've honestly got more chance of getting Kylie Minogue along, the few games I've managed to get her along to she's brought her kindle and sat and read that  :D
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    We have been shite but that would be mean on Dobson who is clearly going to win by a landslide and has given 100% and put his body on the line.  I don't dislike many of these players we have currently, they just don't seem good enough.
    The fact Dobson will win it shows how poor we've been, he's been nothing other than consistently average 
  • Options
    Don't forget. Tickets go on sale from 11 am on Monday 21st March. Book early if you want to be sure of a player on your table.
  • Options
    Tough one (for all the wrong reasons…). I would probably vote for Washington, Dobson is a possibility.
  • Options
    Tickets booked. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Does anyone but Dobson really stand a chance? Only other person who has consistently put a shift in is Washington.

When was the last time it was this nailed on? 
  • Options
    Toss up between Gunter, Kirk and Leko for me.