Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton V Sunderland...MATCH THREAD 5th March

Comments

•  We mugged Chalski off for Burstow…at least twice he ran at defenders and has lost the ball
  • Chunes said:
    I'm beginning to think Burstow is not very good
    This 
  • Chunes said:
    Genius of TS knowing his value would only go down with a run of games? 👀 😉 
  • Remember some on here saying Lavelle was the best CB at the club 😂
  • "We've had a shot, we've had a shot....."
    “Off target,off target,off target…”
  • GETTINNNN... 0-0 At half time

A clean sheet draw... A clean sheet draw!! 
  • The only stat that matters… 0-0 HT 🤷‍♂️

That’s two halves of football in a row without conceding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Remember some on here saying Lavelle was the best CB at the club 😂
    Unfortunately they are right.  
  • Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    TS or MS!?
  • A half time clean sheet draw 🎸🎶
  • 90 minutes without conceding a goal.  Small steps and all that. 
  • We can still dream of stealing  a goal less draw here. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Why is Steve Brown so pro the opposition? Our best spell then and lovely work from Lee. He talks about how well their centre mid tackled back. It’s weird .
    Par for the course mate, he always luvs the opposition.. B)
  • Chunes said:
    He won't get any leeway for being a Charlton youth product anymore either
  • Chunes said:
    Just a teenager low on confidence. He needs a goal off his backside or something.
  • mendonca said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    TS or MS!?
    I nearly put both, who knows…
  • Sponsored links:

• Morecombe, Gillingham, Doncaster & crewe all losing.

Stand easy! 
  • One of the most drab & uneventful first half I've seen. 1 attack, I header (well off target) and 1 corner (which they then got a free kick from). If this is the future  then count me out  
  • Not the most exciting half I've ever seen. We've been woeful defending set=pieces but somehow get away with it. 

I really thought we'd do a better job of holding the ball up at the other end, but nothing has been sticking and Burstow has been ineffective. Sunderland have pressured us much better than we have against them, we need to try and impose ourselves more and get more moves going but nothing seems to get past 2 or 3 passes. 

Ended the half alright, but we're not gonna get away with that for another 45 mins. 
  • Croydon said:
    He’s been in the right place a couple of times to stop Stewart getting shots on target. His wayward header back was disappointing but otherwise he’s been solid.
  • The Stockley draw. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Why is Steve Brown so pro the opposition? Our best spell then and lovely work from Lee. He talks about how well their centre mid tackled back. It’s weird .
    Was thinking that myself.., maybe because he was a defender he likes defensive plays…it is a bit weird 
  • Perhaps, if we’re being very optimistic, some green shoots of a recovery towards the end of the half. Maybe would’ve liked an extra 5 minutes there. 

And at least we aren’t losing, although more by luck than judgement with the amount of free headers we allowed. Defending from open play has been a bit better though. 

Still lots of times in the game, however, where it’s looked like we are a man short such was the frequency Sunderland found themselves with with a spare man or 5 yards of space around every player to operate in.

Been pretty grim in truth.
  • Morecombe, Gillingham, Doncaster & crewe all losing.

Stand easy! 
    We could probably stay up with 40 points.
  • Croydon said:
    He’s been in the right place a couple of times to stop Stewart getting shots on target. His wayward header back was disappointing but otherwise he’s been solid.
    Apart from losing Stewart for 3 free headers...... 
  • Croydon said:
    Stewart had twice had free headers from corners
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!