Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Sunderland | Saturday 5th March 2022 - KO @ 3pm | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Before the away game I said we won't win if we had Clough, Shankly and Fergie in the dugout.  That went well...... 

• Last week was my first game of the season and what I saw was a bunch of players either devoid of any confidence (Matthews, Famewo etc..) or ineffectual in the position/role they were playing (Burstow, Lee etc...). Then there was Stockley who just didn't look up to speed yet. 
    Personally I think we need to go back to basics with as many leaders on the pitch as possible. Flat back four of Gunter, Pearce, Lavelle and Purrington. I know Gunter isn't the greatest but he wasn't shying away next week.
    In the middle Dobson playing behind Lee, Fraser and Gilbey. Then Stockley and probably Leko up top. He tends to start games better and Burstow looks better off the bench.
    Predicting an undeserved 1-1 draw with Stockley netting an equaliser to stop the rot. 
  • paulfox said:
     Can I suggest they don’t release teams until after 2.30, it may assure a few thousand get to the game!!😂.
    Maybe they should give us all a surprise and wait till the teams come out, we all know it ain't gonna be great whatever it is, but at least you can have a pint in total naivety.. B)
  • paulfox said:
     Can I suggest they don’t release teams until after 2.30, it may assure a few thousand get to the game!!😂.
    Maybe they should give us all a surprise and wait till the teams come out, we all know it ain't gonna be great whatever it is, but at least you can have a pint in total naivety.. B)
    I think everyone needs a good drink to watch our lot at the moment,the beer  goggles effect, we’d be great!!!!!!!😂
  • edited March 2022
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    I think everyone needs a good drink to watch our lot at the moment,the beer  goggles effect, we’d be great!!!!!!!😂
    Works for me. Well, up to 16.30 at least when the beers wear off
  • I’d be pleased to get anything out of the game but it’s hard to be optimistic after our recent inept performances, in which we’ve also showed a worrying lack of fight and belief.

I really do not want to see Gunter and Gilbey treading the boards and at least the return of Stockley means we’ll win some aerial duels if we have to resort to going long. A set-play is probably our best chance of a goal, particularly if our ‘wing backs’ get pushed back.

An important game for Jacko and the club, especially with a testing trip to Accie next up.
  • I haven't seen us score in 2022 yet. Fourth game today. Hoping... just hoping.
  • Pedro45 said:
    I haven't seen us score in 2022 yet. Fourth game today. Hoping... just hoping.
    Great!!😳, you’ll probably see us score an own goal!!🤣
  • An almost beautiful team sheet today... Now hope they get the job done
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooooh, 442?

• Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Nah same formation I imagine. 

Jaiyesimi and Purrington as Wing-Backs

Gunter - Lavelle - Pearce at the back
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

I effing hope Purrington isn’t playing centre half 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Yeah guess thats also possible with Gunter as a Wing-Back... Dont think he's played there under Jackson though. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Don't be silly.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Yeah guess thats also possible with Gunter as a Wing-Back... Dont think he's played there under Jackson though. 
    I can’t fathom why Gunter is back in 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

I can’t fathom why Gunter is back in 
    Right sided make shift CB in Clare’s absence
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Don't be silly.
    I know there is the risk that we could yet go down still

But I'd rather play 3-5-2, and get the likes of Stockley, Dobson, Fraser etc. completely used to it, ahead of next season. Rather than doing something new now, and then changing it for a third time in the summer. 
  • Gunter was ok last game, not great but better than many others
  • Pedro45 said:
    Ooooh, 442?

Don't be silly.
    I know there is the risk that we could yet go down still

But I'd rather play 3-5-2, and get the likes of Stockley, Dobson, Fraser etc. completely used to it, ahead of next season. Rather than doing something new now, and then changing it for a third time in the summer. 
    Well it does appear that the 3-5-2 is the one non negotiable part of our tactics indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• No Defoe for Sunderland