Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Sunderland | Saturday 5th March 2022 - KO @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• The only remote thing that makes me think we can get anything from this game is that we are playing Sunderland. 
  • Because we'll play THAT formation with THESE players: 0-2

MacGillivray
    Lavelle - Pearce - Famewo
    Matthews - Morgan - Dobson - Fraser - Purrington
    Burstow - Stockley
  • edited March 2022
    With Stockley & Fraser back we will be a different team. Confidence will return when the team realise they can score goals again. I am convinced we will get the win . 3-0 or 3-1 to us. No doubts.
  • Pearce for Gunter , please .  We are not good enough to worry about who can play out from the back . 
  • Hope for 2-2, think it will be another drubbing.   0-3.
  • Think we’ve caught them at the wrong time if they’ve just put 3 past Wigan.  Also, our record against them recently has been very good.  2 wins up at their place, the play off final win, think we might not be so lucky tomorrow.  Not sure Fraser or Stockley will start.  Best we’ll get is a draw but I can’t see it myself 
  • It can't be easy doing a match preview in these depressing times so well done mate.
    Having travelled to Sheffield last Saturday and watching another inept display it's hard to see where the next win will come.
    I know it's Sunderland and they must hate playing us but I reckon they will win comfortably tomorrow. 
    Sadly Charlton 1 Sunderland 3.
    You going tomorrow Porky.
  • You can see by the lack of predictions everyone has had enough of 2021/22. Roll on next season. Sunderland may have just turned the corner at the right time? Line up those set pieces, quick ball in behind, that's all it takes. 2-0 Sunderland.
  • My head says Sunderland. 
    My heart says Charlton. 
  • Oggy Red said:

Need a volunteer to start the Match Thread v Sunderland.

I'm not going to be around at that time, sorry.

I vote for aliwibble (please) 😄
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2022
    Had totally forgotten I had a £20 bet that we’d finish in the top half. We’d better stop the rot!

Efit: And four bets for promotion 😩
  • JamesSeed said:
    Had totally forgotten I had a £20 bet that we’d finish in the top half. We’d better stop the rot!

Doubling up next season?

• Trying to muster the enthusiasm to make a sensible comment and prediction.

• edited March 2022
    Redrobo said:
    JamesSeed said:

Doubling up next season?
    I was doubling up this season :-:smile:

As for today, I think the first two goals will be crucial. 
    1-1
  • When Gunter plays my heart sinks
  • I am really sorry to say, but the thought of M11 traffic, parking headache, difficulty getting through Blackwell Tunnel after the game and a such poor team in the middle has made my decision to go into Cambridge to watch my 10 year old grandson play football. 
    Usually much more enjoyable.
  • 2-0 Charlton
  • Just happy to be watching football today - result doesn't seem important.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swap managers & we win.
  • So much doom and gloom circling the club at the moment and so many sharpening their knives. Desperate for a win today today to lift the mood, but it’s very hard to have much confidence of it happening.

Sunderland at home is always a game I look forward to but from a personal perspective, all the sniping and negativity this week has really sapped my enthusiasm. 

Come on lads, give us something to cheer

• Acab said:
    It can't be easy doing a match preview in these depressing times so well done mate.
    Having travelled to Sheffield last Saturday and watching another inept display it's hard to see where the next win will come.
    I know it's Sunderland and they must hate playing us but I reckon they will win comfortably tomorrow. 
    Sadly Charlton 1 Sunderland 3.
    You going tomorrow Porky.
    Yep.
    See you there
  • Stockley and Burstow to start, I think Fraser will also start. Everyone’s favourite Matthews on the bench.

2-1 to the Addicks!!! COYR!!!

• Cant see a victory here today. Hope I'm wrong. 
  • Reckon we will get a result today. Stockley starts and it lifts the players, rightly or wrongly.

@LouisMend is it possible to ask about CBT please? Loads of talk about the others but not really any update on him. It’s been a month now so you’d hope he would be nearing a return. My guess is he was given a diagnosis of 4 weeks so should be back in training Monday or this coming week? Thanks
  • Can’t see anything other than Sunderland win
  • Swap managers & we win.
    Swap right backs and we also win. 

•                   McGillivray
            Gunter Lavelle Famewo
      DJ Dobson Morgan Purrington
                         Fraser 
                Burstow Stockley

1-1 

Sunderland continue hating us.

Everything is back on track and it's not just top 2 next season but how many points clear we'll be.

• Comfortable 2-0 win today, can't get the negativity..this is Sunderland, our mates from oop north, they always give into us, no difference today, so Stockley double coming up... B)