Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fan advisor what does she do

Does anyone actually know what she does and has she done anything?

Comments

• Why don't you ask her on twitter?
  • Twitter!
    FFS
  • Why don't you ask her on twitter?
    I have in the past asked about a few issues with certain things got no response
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Alcafc1 said:

Does there always have to be a villain? 
    No but it’s a fair point/question made by the op. 
  • edited March 2022
    The individual will work with the club’s owner Thomas Sandgaard and Commercial Director Wayne Mumford. 
    Sandgaard said
    “How we talk with fans and engage supporters is very important to how we grow as a club, which is why I want to get someone involved who really knows and understands the fanbase – who better than a Charlton fan?”

Mumford said:
    “Thomas and I still have a lot to learn about this club, which is why we are looking for a fan adviser. The individual will help us as we work with established and new supporter groups, to build a communication structure that allows us to speak with supporters and grow the club’s fanbase both domestically and internationally.”  

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6025317648a25/charlton-on-search-for-fan-to-help-club-engage-with-supporters

So other than communicating on twitter, how does she communicate with supporters?

• seth plum said:
    Doing everything by Twitter, either at the club, or in the world generally enriches the Vangard group, Morgan Stanley and others.
    Twitter is not inclusive, it is a vehicle to enrich questionable forces relying on (if this isn’t too tautological) passive acceptance and participation.
    I suppose it is OK for participants, but it feels to me like folk saying that because they drive a Mercedes then everybody else should drive one too.
    For every Twitter conduit I think there should be about five others in parallel that are responded to with equal speed and thoroughness.
    Better still I would love to see a Twitter alternative where profits are used for the common good, where each posting counts as a non fungicide token that benefits the person creating the post.
    I write as somebody who has never had Facebook or Twitter or the like, and wouldn’t choose to do so.
    There was nothing wrong with semaphore😃
    I'll ask you again, why is this message board service (not Charlton life but the host) any different to facebook or twitter? 
  • What is a boomer?
    Is it an Elfsborg sized boomerang?
  • seth plum said:
    Doing everything by Twitter, either at the club, or in the world generally enriches the Vangard group, Morgan Stanley and others.
    Twitter is not inclusive, it is a vehicle to enrich questionable forces relying on (if this isn’t too tautological) passive acceptance and participation.
    I suppose it is OK for participants, but it feels to me like folk saying that because they drive a Mercedes then everybody else should drive one too.
    For every Twitter conduit I think there should be about five others in parallel that are responded to with equal speed and thoroughness.
    Better still I would love to see a Twitter alternative where profits are used for the common good, where each posting counts as a non fungicide token that benefits the person creating the post.
    I write as somebody who has never had Facebook or Twitter or the like, and wouldn’t choose to do so.
    I don't do Twitter either, but you can always email her at fanadviser@cafc.co.uk

• clive said:
    The individual will work with the club’s owner Thomas Sandgaard and Commercial Director Wayne Mumford. 
    Sandgaard said
    “How we talk with fans and engage supporters is very important to how we grow as a club, which is why I want to get someone involved who really knows and understands the fanbase – who better than a Charlton fan?”

Mumford said:
    “Thomas and I still have a lot to learn about this club, which is why we are looking for a fan adviser. The individual will help us as we work with established and new supporter groups, to build a communication structure that allows us to speak with supporters and grow the club’s fanbase both domestically and internationally.”  

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/6025317648a25/charlton-on-search-for-fan-to-help-club-engage-with-supporters

So other than communicating on twitter, how does she communicate with supporters?

Not sure if she has anything to do with the increase of contact I’ve received from cafc via email, text, recorded phone messages from players and offers via my workplace RBG.
  • clive said:
    Sandgaard said

Mumford said:

Not sure if she has anything to do with the increase of contact I’ve received from cafc via email, text, recorded phone messages from players and offers via my workplace RBG.
    Yep, she's stalking you  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    Sandgaard said

Mumford said:

Yep, she's stalking you  ;)
    Well she obviously has good taste on her CV so no surprise she got the gig.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    I'll ask you again, why is this message board service (not Charlton life but the host) any different to facebook or twitter? 
    Choice. 
    I don’t use twitter, Tik Tok, instagram, Facebook or any other unknown (to me) platforms.
    I use WhatsApp for my cycling club and then a couple of forums (including this). So if the communication is on one of the aforesaid I’m out of the loop. Unless it’s mentioned on here or I get email or text about the club.
    I suspect that although I’m in a minority in how I use social media it’s a significant minority. So the club and the fan advisor would be well advised to broaden it’s message dissemination.
  • seth plum said:
    I don't do Twitter either, but you can always email her at fanadviser@cafc.co.uk

will never catch on - electronic mail, whatever next ?

Give me a quill and a pot of ink every time
  • MrOneLung said:
    seth plum said:

will never catch on - electronic mail, whatever next ?

Give me a quill and a pot of ink every time
    Do you need to borrow an Owl or Carrier Pigeon?
  • iainment said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Choice. 
    I don’t use twitter, Tik Tok, instagram, Facebook or any other unknown (to me) platforms.
    I use WhatsApp for my cycling club and then a couple of forums (including this). So if the communication is on one of the aforesaid I’m out of the loop. Unless it’s mentioned on here or I get email or text about the club.
    I suspect that although I’m in a minority in how I use social media it’s a significant minority. So the club and the fan advisor would be well advised to broaden it’s message dissemination.
    Can’t you add her to your cycling WhatsApp group?
    We welcome new members. So if she joins…. 
  • se9addick said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    These fan engagement roles sound like a good idea, but they are utterly thankless tasks, shit like this proves why:  

Alcafc1 said:

God bless anyone mad enough to sign up for one.
    Its a fair question, how can this be described as shit?
    Because it’s bloody rude. The insinuation in the (rhetorical, I’m sure) question is that she does nothing.
    It’s not rude I’m asking a genuine question. 

The 33-year-old will help manage the club’s direct interaction with supporters, giving fans the opportunity to have their say.

That was on the official site when she was appointed I don’t believe she has done anything apart from have one interview with sandgaard about 6 months ago.
  • clive said:
    Sandgaard said

Mumford said:

You can’t ask that it’s rude
  • Last August, after CAFC appeared in the list of 191 employers who failed to pay the minimum wage, I posted the following in the subsequent thread:
    --------------
    I hope the club publishes a statement on this as Coventry City have done.

I'd like it to cover:
    1. Point out it happened under Duchatelet.
    2. What went wrong. The type of staff who were affected, and what work activities.
    3. A commitment that a system has been put in place to prevent it happening again.
    4. Ideally, a commitment to move towards paying the London Living Wage, and becoming accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
    (For those that aren't aware, this government has tried to undermine the campaign for a living wage by rebranding the minimum wage as the "national living wage", so causing confusion. The real Living Wage is currently £10.85/hour in London and £9.50 elsewhere for all over 18s, compared with the national living wage of £8.91 for the over 23s.) The extra cost would be minimal for a club like ours, and would probably actually pay for itself in better staff morale and lower staff turnover. Some football clubs are already accredited.
    -------------------------------

Henry Irving suggested that I email the Fan Advisor about it, which I did.

I never heard anything back.

• Like some others on this thread, I am not on twitter, facebook, or similar platforms. 
    I have (twice) contacted the fan adviser by email to give my views when (via this forum) I found she was conducting a twitter poll, and received an acknowledgement each time.  However, this is far from ideal.

My concern is that, if she is restricting her routine interaction with fans to those on twitter, she is cutting herself off from a section of fans - probably mainly older fans who have longer experience (as well as possibly being stuck in their ways!), and maybe different priorities.

I have some sympathy for her; she is doing this unpaid role in her spare time, and has probably decided that twitter encompasses the maximum return for her time.  The just highlights the weakness of having a box-ticking approach to customer satisfaction, rather than a paid employee.